Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

wholly empathise with this position.

So much so that I have to check myself being too insulting to those still on 2D

nice.

I would still recommend both the spitfire and F14 though, both are very VR friendly and an absolute joy to throw around.

Its a massive rush just getting the spitfire down safely in VR, without tipping her over or ground looping.

Nah we just get tired of people shoving things at us we dont need. Happy with trakir, doesnt need those silly pointy things and doesnt make me sick, or wreck whats left of my eye site.

Edited by mjrhealth

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

an easy way to disable

https://iliastselios.wordpress.com/2018/01/17/x-planes-pbr-materials-a-simplified-guide/

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Happy with trakir

So glad I got VR working before TrackIR, else I might still not be anywhere near close to set up properly.

doesnt need those silly pointy things

you dont need to use a mouse with trackir? how?

doesnt make me sick. Ir wreck whats left of my eyesite.

That sounds like you tried a bad set up with tracking and frame rate issues.

When it is working properly you completely forget you are not there - when people talk about "immersion breakers" what they mean is "stuff that reminds them they are not really there"

I made a thread on exactly that topic a couple of years ago now.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

I booted up XP12 after months and months after reading this thread, and it's great to see so much progress. The clouds look nice, the lighting is much improved, and the shimmering is vastly reduced or gone.

I've been flying all MSFS for a while, and it's very nice to see this from XP. Very cool that we have 2 amazing sims live in the market (not counting P3D or DCS etc). Long may this continue!! By the time 2024 rolls around, XP12 will be in a fantastic place, and MSFS 2024 will launch. As a simmer that loves all sims, what a time to be alive 🙂

• Like 5

13 hours ago, peroni said:

Use the map to quickly change position in all axes.

except lateral axes. my plane got upside down after a crash and I have not found any keys to set the plane straight upright again.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

https://iliastselios.wordpress.com/2018/01/17/x-planes-pbr-materials-a-simplified-guide/

So glad I got VR working before TrackIR, else I might still not be anywhere near close to set up properly.

you dont need to use a mouse with trackir? how?

That sounds like you tried a bad set up with tracking and frame rate issues.

When it is working properly you completely forget you are not there - when people talk about "immersion breakers" what they mean is "stuff that reminds them they are not really there"

I made a thread on exactly that topic a couple of years ago now.

Yes just not that silly pointy thing you use in VR, never tried it and have no intention. Dont need it dont want it. I have a life.

24 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Yes just not that silly pointy thing you use in VR

you can, don't have to.

For the helis, (and spitfire and F14) I'm 100% hardware controls, which, just like the real one, I never particularly take my hands off:

For the 744 its hardware (extreme3d pro..), some mouse and mostly voice control, for some ~12 months now.

Oh my how far we have come...

ZvxLzuc.png

24 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Dont need it dont want it. I have a life.

At least you can empathise with the Microsoft crowd.

When we talk about XP that's all they feel to.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

you can, don't have to.

For the helis, (and spitfire and F14) I'm 100% hardware controls, which, just like the real one, I never particularly take my hands off:

For the 744 its hardware (extreme3d pro..), some mouse and mostly voice control, for some ~12 months now.

Oh my how far we have come...

ZvxLzuc.png

At least you can empathise with the Microsoft crowd.

When we talk about XP that's all they feel to.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Really not my cup of tea.And no need to bring other crowd in, irrelevant to topic. And a horse that isnt thirsty and already full doesnt need a drink.

Back on topic. XP getting better wonder what next beta brings. Hope someone can solve SASL performance issues.

Edited by mjrhealth

Have not used XP12 for a while. Was excited to try 12.06, but this is what I see just out of EHAM:

kV82nEc.png

Pkc0pIh.png

☹️

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

16 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Have not used XP12 for a while. Was excited to try 12.06, but this is what I see just out of EHAM:

kV82nEc.png

☹️

Rather phallic 🤣 the weather in XP12 is becoming ....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

19 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

kV82nEc.png

Pkc0pIh.png

☹️

Real weather still has issues with clouds. It’s in the release notes. Fixed in next beta. 

Hmm.. I get CTD with the ToLiss A340. Anyone else?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

On 7/25/2023 at 12:02 AM, Sethos said:

Under certain conditions, the new clouds really look nice,

"I'll make sure to only fly under those "certain conditions" then. where do I set that "certain conditions" option?"

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

20 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

ksnip-20230727-191953.jpg

OR:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

10 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

OR:

spacer.png

I like these better:

jiAcRdb.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]