Sign in to follow this  
Verticalsim

Looking for a new U.S. Airport do

With the release of my KONT , I'd like to figure out a new U.S. airport do to along with my main project KPBI while it's in production. Preferably not one that's not being worked on already, or has a subpar counterpart. A lot of stuff has released within in the year, so I'd figured "wants" have changed compared to a year ago. I'm willing to take anything from KALB/DSM size, to regional airports (CRJ, ERJ, some 320/737s), to some cool GA airports. I was considering GEG & DSM, however both are undergoing terminal expansions. 

Currently what's known in development by other devs:
KJAX - Fly2High
KMDT - Sierrasim

Let me know what'd you guys like me to do ;)

• Like 1

How about KHTS, Tri-State Airport in Huntington, WV.

The airport sits on a scenic mountaintop next to the confluence of two rivers. This airport is the site of the worst sports aviation disaster in US history -- the 1970 plane crash that killed every member of the Marshall University football team. Hollywood even made a movie about this event and airport starring Matthew McConaughey: We Are Marshall (2006).

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I was under the impression that you had Bangor, Maine on the list but perhaps that was cancelled? 

In any case, a few ideas:

KSBY - Salisbury/Ocean City Regional Airport, Maryland. A smaller airport on the US east coast not far from innumerable other airport sceneries like Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, DC, Charlotte, etc. They are a Piedmont maintenance base and get airline service from them (American Airlines feeder). The region is a popular vacation destination in the summer.

KBJI - Bimidji Regional Airport, Minnesota. An airport in the middle of MN northern lake country. Airline service to KMSP, and not far by air to Duluth and points further north. Lots of feeder cargo flights operate here.

KRKD - Knox County Regional Airport, Maine. A Cape Air destination (to/from Boston) in scenic coastal Maine, not far from Portland. Wonderfully scenic islands nearby, and it serves as a freight up for the coastal communities nearby.

Edited by STK

KPWA  Wiley Post Airport,  OKC OK. 

FYI, 

In the year ending December 5, 2017, Wiley Post logged 70,027 flight operations.[2] This figure accounts for only those operations logged by the air traffic control tower, which is open daily from 7 A.M. until 10 P.M.

The airport provides a base for over 300 aircraft in its leased hangars. These range from single and twin engine planes to turboprop and jet aircraft.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I think Richmond International (KRIC) would be an excellent smaller airport to do and right now it has very little competition in the market. I think many of us are biased to the proximity of the airports we ask for, and I'm no exception... but, I do feel that Richmond has several neat features that make it a great build for a developer. For instance, the upgraded Bing photogrammetry in the Richmond area would make any high quality airport blend well with the environment and the city in the background. The size and complexity of the airport make it a relatively easy project compared to some of the others you've considered. I also really like that this airport has some cool hidden gems. For instance, if you check out the bing aerial view, on the eastern side of the field you'll notice a hanger with two 757s pointing at each other. Both unmarked aircraft with the exception of an American Flag (https://www.reddit.com/r/rva/comments/885pm3/plain_white_airliners_with_only_american_flag/)

Central Virginia has been neglected over the years and very few freeware projects exist. The only competition at the moment for KRIC on the payware level is from msfsscenerybuilders and it's brutally terrible. I think this would be an excellent consideration since this airport supports commercial, general aviation, cargo, and military traffic. Most importantly, you'd be working on an airport that isn't a port from a previous sim... it's new and fresh. Hope you'll consider it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksPUVxFSZ10 - Great video about the airport!

spacer.png 

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

KRDD

I'd like to see KRDD done as well....

Orbx did it for P3D in the past along with O85 - would like to see that as well

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There are two in PNW that I’d love to see: KHQM (Bowerman) and KKLS (Kelso).

AFAIK there’s nothing for Bowerman and only a basic freeware for Kelso. Both have nice water / hills around them.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

We could use the following. 

KBHM - Birmingham 

KABY - Southwest Georgia Regional

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I want all the towered ZLA Pilotedge Airports (almost all are there)...and then whole of Western Expansion.

KPSP needs a better one

VR + Pilotedge is amazing

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)