Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

TAA Users; give DLAA a try

DX12 and DLSS works great for me UNTIL I pop-out glass cockpit screens and move them over to my second monitor. That immediately drops framerate to unbearably choppiness.  Anybody have a solution?    Because of this i stick to  DX11` with TAA capped at 40fps and it is smooth as butter.  13900k & Rtx4090.

Edited by Pete165

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Its like sticking Formula 1 tyres onto an average family car.

It's really not, If you want to use cars, it's like sticking a twin turbo in an average family car. It helps a LOT! It turns a VX mocka in to a Macan S. 

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

All known advice is that a system needs to be balanced. My performance is already limited by my older cpu. I appreciate frame generation will help but the cpu will still seriously limit the potential that a 4090 can give. Its already limiting the 3080ti. Its like sticking Formula 1 tyres onto an average family car. It's simply not worth spending £2000 on a 4090 at the moment. I always rotate my upgrades to reduce bottlenecks and the cpu needs done next

Balancing is good under normal situations of course, but with a 4 series card the game is changed.  Any 4 series card will double your frame rates without putting any extra load on your CPU or your RAM.  So if you can get 30 FPS out of your current CPU at the moment, you will get 60FPS out of a 4 series card with frame generation - nothing else needed!

• Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Balancing is good under normal situations of course, but with a 4 series card the game is changed.  Any 4 series card will double your frame rates without putting any extra load on your CPU or your RAM.  So if you can get 30 FPS out of your current CPU at the moment, you will get 60FPS out of a 4 series card with frame generation - nothing else needed!

Plus he mentions 2k for a 4090. You don't need a 4090. get an 80 or 70... £500 and you've doubled your frames. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Plus he mentions 2k for a 4090. You don't need a 4090. get an 80 or 70... £500 and you've doubled your frames. 

Yes, I think he is misunderstanding somewhere.

This is what I am looking at as my next card, just to be able to use frame generation, as my 3080 is getting really hot and noisy trying to hold 4k 60Hz even with DLSS, but at 30 I can't hear it and it barely touches 60C.

It is just that I can't stand the flicker / judder at 30 now after using 60.  No way I can go back!  :smile:  I am sure a 4080 will eat this for breakfast at 30 doubled to 60 with FG.

So I think a 4080 will be on its way to me soon.  I am just going through the different model reviews, as the price differences seem insane between the models, for barely any performance difference.  Usual marketing and brand hype I suppose, but I also want a quiet one, even if it costs a bit more.

Looks like I could recoup a good bit of money on selling the 3080Ti as well on ebay etc.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:11 AM, St Mawgan said:

3.1.13 from June is a definite improvement on the one I had before from early Feb. Glad I saw this thread as I will now keep an eye out for future updates.

(nvngx.dlss.dll is here for those with Steam - C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator)

I downloaded this file and was able to backup the original.  However, I can get nowhere with this as I am denied access to change the file.  I have been unable to remove it or overwrite - it states that I must have admin rights for this (I do and I am logged in as admin but it still refuses to complete the action).

Randall Rocke

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I think he is misunderstanding somewhere.

This is what I am looking at as my next card, just to be able to use frame generation, as my 3080 is getting really hot and noisy trying to hold 4k 60Hz even with DLSS, but at 30 I can't hear it and it barely touches 60C.

It is just that I can't stand the flicker / judder at 30 now after using 60.  No way I can go back!  :smile:  I am sure a 4080 will eat this for breakfast at 30 doubled to 60 with FG.

So I think a 4080 will be on its way to me soon.  I am just going through the different model reviews, as the price differences seem insane between the models, for barely any performance difference.  Usual marketing and brand hype I suppose, but I also want a quiet one, even if it costs a bit more.

Looks like I could recoup a good bit of money on selling the 3080Ti as well on ebay etc.

i have the 4080 at 4k 60 hz its great with FG on . i also had the 3080 12 gb version and to be fair 4080 is a massive leap both in fluidity and total system cooling and quieter . but it is the FG that is the voodoo . i havent tried with FG off but i suspect it wouldnt be a huge uplift on the 3080 , but once you have turned on FG you just turn it off you just woudnt , its almost as good as free beer 

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

i have the 4080 at 4k 60 hz its great with FG on . i also had the 3080 12 gb version and to be fair 4080 is a massive leap both in fluidity and total system cooling and quieter . but it is the FG that is the voodoo . i havent tried with FG off but i suspect it wouldnt be a huge uplift on the 3080 , but once you have turned on FG you just turn it off you just woudnt , its almost as good as free beer 

:laugh:  Thanks for the feedback.  That's encouraging to know! 

As you say, it looks like even the most basic and cheapest 4080 has at least a 35% performance uplift over my 3080Ti, so even that would get me to where I want to be, but with FG turned on as well it will be a walk in the park!

yes if was a 35% uplift for a £1000 no way of course really no way lol. but what FG brings is remarkable, honestly i have never seen anything like this and i have been doing this simming hobby a long long time . just be aware its not total cure for every situation you will get lower frames at heavy airports just like before , but there will be roughly twice as many lower frames lol 

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

12 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

:laugh:  Thanks for the feedback.  That's encouraging to know! 

As you say, it looks like even the most basic and cheapest 4080 has at least a 35% performance uplift over my 3080Ti, so even that would get me to where I want to be, but with FG turned on as well it will be a walk in the park!

I got a "CHEAP ONE" lol a palit dark sparkly thing , £930 off ebay , iam not saying do that though, and got £550 for the 3080 12gb so all in all not too bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonny147 said:

but once you have turned on FG you just turn it off you just woudnt , its almost as good as free beer 

As long as you don't fly under VR 😒 And as far as I understand, there's no chance seeing this implemented.

But yes, on my 2D screen it makes wonders.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, pmb said:

As long as you don't fly under VR 😒 And as far as I understand, there's no chance seeing this implemented.

But yes, on my 2D screen it makes wonders.

Kind regards, Michael

iam not sure about VR Michael i have never used it , i have enough trouble with flat screens without  adding VR goggles into the mix lol

5 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

iam not sure about VR Michael i have never used it , i have enough trouble with flat screens without  adding VR goggles into the mix lol

Not to go off-topic, but if you ever have a chance, try it, seriously. I thought the very same as you - until one of my sons lent me his goggles.

Kind regards, Michael  

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

15 minutes ago, pmb said:

Not to go off-topic, but if you ever have a chance, try it, seriously. I thought the very same as you - until one of my sons lent me his goggles.

Kind regards, Michael  

but wouldn't that  mean a 4090 and a kidney ! 😒

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

but wouldn't that  mean a 4090 and a kidney ! 😒

A 4080 does the job for me, no kidney needed. I even had it running with a 1080Ti for a year and it worked, sort of.

Kind regards, Michael