Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

TAA Users; give DLAA a try

Going to give this new DLL a shot.  For what it's worth, on ym steam install I found the file in this folder: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Chucky

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Mmmm, somehow I still get the same ghosting with the LCD displays 😔

At least I can keep 40 FPS in the green, even with 50% AIG at KMIA.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I didn’t really notice any improvement on my set up, but perhaps it’s easier on VRAM as someone else mentioned?  I have to try and remember what utility measures that.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No difference here but I am very main frame limited 9900KF/3800ti so surprises.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Is it possible to check what version of DLSS DLL you have? The reason I ask is that I just built a new system and a fresh install of the latest beta build, and it seems like my G1000 panels are sharper than I remember with DLAA on my old system that had the latest 3.1.30 DLL. 

Is it possible the beta build includes the latest DLL or they’ve done some other changes? Anyone else running the new beta and experimenting with DLAA?

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Is it possible to check what version of DLSS DLL you have? The reason I ask is that I just built a new system and a fresh install of the latest beta build, and it seems like my G1000 panels are sharper than I remember with DLAA on my old system that had the latest 3.1.30 DLL. 

Is it possible the beta build includes the latest DLL or they’ve done some other changes? Anyone else running the new beta and experimenting with DLAA?

Think you can simply check properties of the .dll, under "Details", that lists the version.

Also, I believe there is more at play than just .dll version for sharpness. Because as I've posted a few examples of in this thread, my panels have always been sharp with DLAA, using the default included 2.4.12 .dll

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Think you can simply check properties of the .dll, under "Details", that lists the version.

Also, I believe there is more at play than just .dll version for sharpness. Because as I've posted a few examples of in this thread, my panels have always been sharp with DLAA, using the default included 2.4.12 .dll

Thanks… what is your theory on the sharpness?

4 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thanks… what is your theory on the sharpness?

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough cases to find any sort of common thread that could explain anything. Seems a bit up in the air (no pun intended)

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

@Sethos

witch dll version are you use.

2.4.12 V2 or V3

Thanks

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

3 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

@Sethos

witch dll version are you use.

2.4.12 V2 or V3

Thanks

Frank

Just using whatever is included with MSFS by default, can't find any details on whether that's V1, 2 or 3.

45 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Just using whatever is included with MSFS by default, can't find any details on whether that's V1, 2 or 3.

The file properties tells the version. This is the new v2 file I'm using. People without a 4xxx series GPU should be using v2.

spacer.png

edit: Hmm, looks like the SU13 beta replaced my new version with the old one. Have to download the latest again.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I got the same file, that's the one installed with my MSFS;

h0nnu7K.jpg

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

I got the same file, that's the one installed with my MSFS;

h0nnu7K.jpg

Yeah, I edited my post. The SU13 beta replaced the latest file I had installed. Will have to install it again.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, Sethos said:

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough cases to find any sort of common thread that could explain anything. Seems a bit up in the air (no pun intended)

It’s strange. I’m using DLAA as I was before, but the cockpit display text is noticeably sharper now on my new system than it was before (where I updated the DLL to try and rectify it). Not sure what is different now. Should all be the same except I haven’t turned on frame generation yet as I’m still optimizing performance. Does FG contribute to the blurry text and ghosting?

The cockpit screens and tablets are all fuzzy when I try using this. TAA works great for me.