Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Hare

Happy Montreal CYUL

3 minutes ago, Greazer said:

FlyTampa will be Best - they are the Kings of FS scenery!

Nah. So much of what they release is it out of date in terms of airport layout etc. Also, they take forever to release any thing including updates to sceneries that have already been released. FSimStudios, verticalsim etc are taking their places in the market and developing great airports and doing them quickly. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 minutes ago, Greazer said:

FlyTampa will be Best - they are the Kings of FS scenery!

Hum, I was not that impressed with the boston terminals interiors even if it's not the whole point of the scenery. And FlyTampa is quite asleep right now, we are waiting for months for the EHAM scenery. And considering, they will probably be last to release their CYUL, you wonder if they really have to continue on this project with three others actors already on the market. They better aim at another airport.

3 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

MK-studios released Montreal today! The Monteal Festival is open! 

I have their Lisbon and Porto scenery. It's not on par with the best developpers but it is decent and do the job. Another revelent point is that their sceneries are often on sale (40% off) so when you are patient and buy them on sale, they are really cheap so you really got something for your money. They are actually on sale on contrail and I will probably jump on Dublin.

About CYUL, I will wait for FsimStudios and compare. I have their Winnipeg and Calgary sceneries and the quality is quite good even if you cannot compare it to the top developers. And just like Mk-Studios, they are often on sale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdirand said:

Hum, I was not that impressed with the boston terminals interiors

KBOS is a masterpiece from FlyTampa.  Who really cares if you can view the interiors!  It's the airport quality and textures and feel.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Greazer said:

KBOS is a masterpiece from FlyTampa.  Who really cares if you can view the interiors!  It's the airport quality and textures and feel.

yeah, I agree about your comment. I was just refering to the interiors and as I said, it's not the whole point. But others developpers like Jo Erlend Sund can have FlyTampa quality with nice interiors too so it is possible to have both.

• Like 1

I also do not care at all about the terminal interiors.  Just as long as it looks good when I pull up to the gate from the plane. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I too don't care about interiors.  I never quite understand why.  Just make them look good pulling to the gate.  I also will probably get the one that is best on performance and looks half decent.

• Like 3

From the trailer it looks like a nice product and good representation of the airport, where I have been many times. I will still wait for FSimStudios to compare and then make a decision -- really happy to have Montreal back in the sim! 

FlyTampa does make great products but there are now many developers at about the same level of quality in my estimation. The small world that was P3D has opened up and it is nice to see the richer expression of talent in the flight simulation hobby. I hope FlyTampa releases their version to so I can look at it, but I won't wait for them.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

No guard lights as the case with most MSFS sceneries now.  Not sure why.  

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

6 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

No guard lights as the case with most MSFS sceneries now.  Not sure why.  

FSimStudios Calgary has them. :happy:

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If anyone owns this, can you confirm if the jetways have the annoyingly loud jetway sounds?  I have their KPHL and the airport is OK but the jetway sounds are the one thing I can't stand about it since you can hear them constantly with AI traffic and the volume is way too high.  They sounds are similar to the GSX default jetway sounds but I have KPHL disabled in their configurator so I am assuming MK includes the sounds with their airports...?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, Flic1 said:

If anyone owns this, can you confirm if the jetways have the annoyingly loud jetway sounds?  I have their KPHL and the airport is OK but the jetway sounds are the one thing I can't stand about it since you can hear them constantly with AI traffic and the volume is way too high.  They sounds are similar to the GSX default jetway sounds but I have KPHL disabled in their configurator so I am assuming MK includes the sounds with their airports...?

Yes, they are there.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I also bought CYUL from MK-Studio.
I made some comparison screenshots based on the BMWorld&AmSim announcement. I tried to choose the same angles and weather conditions for screenshots. I think I'll have to buy all versions of Montreal.)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

I also bought CYUL from MK-Studio.
I made some comparison screenshots based on the BMWorld&AmSim announcement. I tried to choose the same angles and weather conditions for screenshots. I think I'll have to buy all versions of Montreal.)

Great! As far as I recall, on the r.h.s are BWM/AmSim previews, right?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11