Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Hare

Happy Montreal CYUL

1 minute ago, pmb said:

Great! As far as I recall, on the r.h.s are BWM/AmSim previews, right?

Kind regards, Michael

That's right 

2 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

I also bought CYUL from MK-Studio.
I made some comparison screenshots based on the BMWorld&AmSim announcement. I tried to choose the same angles and weather conditions for screenshots. I think I'll have to buy all versions of Montreal.)

Left is BMW and right is MK, right?

How's performance in each? Judging by the pics only, I'd choose BMW. Thanks

Sergio Naiberg

I’m going to wait for the FSS version and do a comparison from there.  Nice to have multiple choices for this airport up from zero choices just a week ago 😀

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 minutes ago, SN737 said:

How's performance in each? Judging by the pics only, I'd choose BMW. Thanks

BMW's performance is not known as this is just an announcement. I'm going to buy it after release.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

BMW's performance is not known as this is just an announcement. I'm going to buy it after release.

Oh, didn't know... thanks for the comparisons though.

Sergio Naiberg

10 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Please don’t quote his screenshot 

Yeap, my bad, sorry about that.

Sergio Naiberg

35 minutes ago, SN737 said:

The pics on the right are BMWorld AMsim and I think they look much better than the MKS pics.  I am going to wait for the FSim Studios before deciding.  I do not have any of their airports since I do not travel to Canada much in the sim but they all look great...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

The pics on the right are BMWorld AMsim and I think they look much better than the MKS pics.  I am going to wait for the FSim Studios before deciding.  I do not have any of their airports since I do not travel to Canada much in the sim but they all look great...

Thanks, BMW are leading in that regards I concur, let's see how they perform, then I'll decide.

Sergio Naiberg

Yep.  The BMWorld/Amsim ones are clearly better.  Only questions that remain are performance and how the FsimStudious version turns out.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

KBOS is a masterpiece from FlyTampa.  Who really cares if you can view the interiors!  It's the airport quality and textures and feel.

There's also a billboard with a local Bruin hockey player portrayed. And a girl dancing gangland style moves. I guess they sneak that stuff in to generate a few more sales.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

There's also a billboard with a local Bruin hockey player portrayed. And a girl dancing gangland style moves. I guess they sneak that stuff in to generate a few more sales.

Are those visible in the screen shots/trailer on the website? If not how would that generate sales?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

I also bought CYUL from MK-Studio.
I made some comparison screenshots based on the BMWorld&AmSim announcement. I tried to choose the same angles and weather conditions for screenshots. I think I'll have to buy all versions of Montreal.)

BMW&AmSim looks more accurate in some places. At least from what I can see from Google Photogrammetry and street view.

the roads going into the MK Studios Carpark in comparison 4 is more accurate. BMW's seems to be based off older imagery.

But the actual model of the carpark is more accurate on the BMW one.

But maybe MK studios just focuses on the stuff you'll see from the aircraft more than BMW.

The railings on Comparison 6 are bending the wrong way in the MK Studios one

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Are those visible in the screen shots/trailer on the website? If not how would that generate sales?

No, they are not. Perhaps FlyTampa is trying to generate sales with other methods besides screenshots and trailers. Like, for instance, hidden Easter eggs.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.