Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

51 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Are you on version .200?

Yes !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Flew from KTOL to KDTW, final approach major massive stuttering upon landing and A/C crashed  , lost control due to wind shifts and some weird stuff happening.. yea maybe this eastern europe update ruined my MSFS , Ive never had stutters like this before , ever....

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

9 minutes ago, wiler said:

Flew from KTOL to KDTW, final approach major massive stuttering upon landing and A/C crashed  , lost control due to wind shifts and some weird stuff happening.. yea maybe this eastern europe update ruined my MSFS , Ive never had stutters like this before , ever....

Inbuilds KDTW?

Is it just me or does the new version feel very strange when handflying? I did some circuits in EDDF and it doesn't feel like flying an Airbus anymore. Descent rate is very unstable. I'm not a real world Airbus pilot, but shouldn't it be that you command the rate of decent and the Airbus should maintain that without further input on the stick? That's not how it behaves on my system. Descent rate swings up and down wildly even with calm winds. Setting flaps results in huge changes in descent rate, etc. Very strange. The old version felt much more like I would expect from an Airbus.

Performance is great btw on my rather old system even without a fresh install.

Edited by carlito777

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

25 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Yes !

cheers 😉

Have you tried the display render options in the Fenix App?

6 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Is it just me or does the new version feel very strange when handflying? I did some circuits in EDDF and it doesn't feel like flying an Airbus anymore. Descent rate is very unstable. I'm not a real world Airbus pilot, but shouldn't it be that you command the rate of decent and the Airbus should maintain that without further input on the stick? That's not how it behaves on my system. Descent rate swings up and down wildly even with calm winds. Setting flaps results in huge changes in descent rate, etc. Very strange. The old version felt much more like I would expect from an Airbus.

Performance is great btw on my rather old system even without a fresh install.

It doesn't work on commanding rate of descent - it commands a G load, and with stick neutral it returns to neutral G load as defined by configuration etc. This is why we recommend setting Turbulence to LOW in MSFS, as recently in the hotter weather around Europe, MSFS's thermal V/S is ludicrous - we have on thermal debug 1800fpm spikes on clear days, which is quite abnormal with the strength and variability. Thermals do exist on clear days, but not like this. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

27 minutes ago, wiler said:

I've always gotten this at KDTW.  That airport wrecks the cpu and VRAM. Have to turn my settings way down just to be able to land in one piece.  

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Have you tried the display render options in the Fenix App?

Yes, i had a more bad experience ( stutters ) in first flight with non settings, at this flight i tried "use display sync" and it feel better but still some stutters, but better.

I turned off ATC sound because this seems something to do with sutters but as said still some stutters here and there - the landing was superb soft and holding the center runway aswell..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Amir would you consider adding basic WX radar as Leonardo and Just Flight did? Sure it's not super realistic but better than nothing and very good for immersive purposes!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

27 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Amir would you consider adding basic WX radar as Leonardo and Just Flight did? Sure it's not super realistic but better than nothing and very good for immersive purposes!

YES! Or like the FBW WX radar mod, like it very much and still looks realistic enough to me 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

26 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I’m second about basic WXR

Me too !

cheers 😉

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Aamir said:

This is usually related to the MCDU related process being flagged by an AV of some sort during installation.

See here: https://kb.fenixsim.com/bitdefender

Yes, fixed!  I checked my Bitdefender logs and Bitdefender had quarantined FenixSim A320\deps\FenixCDU.exe without me noticing.  I removed/reinstalled Fenix and added a Bitdefender exception to the FenixSim A20 directory.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna leave this here.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD