Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Sim Update 13 Beta Release [1.34.11.0] - August 22, 20

One thing we take for granted these days maybe...  The update process seems to have levelled out with no problems now - it is quite streamlined with no difficulty at all now.  All that Xbox app thing doesn't seem to be an issue any more.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

There's gonna be some butts kicked here pretty soon if this topic goes any further south!  I've got my big boots on today! :ph34r:🥾

• Like 3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So, can any beta users confirm that the horizon line is actually less visible now?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

So, can any beta users confirm that the horizon line is actually less visible now?

Was still very visible to me last night around sunset... but I think that's when it is worst.

• Like 1

The most important thing is that we try and figure out why some people aren't experiencing a performance loss and some are. Luckily, I am in the group that hasn't seen any performance degradation but I do sympathize with people here who have seen a loss and have been actively involved in this beta and reporting the issues that they are seeing to the Asobo team. I'm wondering if it has to do with a combination of addons that aren't playing nice with this recent build. Either way, I think what we all want is a stable platform for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

can any beta users confirm that the horizon line is actually less visible now?

during day or night time? this is how it looks over KORS:

beta1.34.11.0-85fpsuwfpp.jpg

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 8/23/2023 at 2:33 PM, AviationEnthusiast said:

Still a mess on my end with with a hard macro stutter every 15-20 seconds. I really hope this gets sorted out as the update in its current beta state is unusable.

same here, are you using a 3d party airplane like fenix or pmdg?

• Upvote 1

I have these stutters only with photogrammetry on.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

11 hours ago, miguel370 said:

I am indeed but the choice of aircraft or location doesn't seem matter in my case (already tried default aircraft in the middle of nowhere). There's a consistent macro (not micro) stutter that forces the sim to completely lock up for a second, within a time frame of 15-20 seconds, despite the sim otherwise running at 100+ fps.

Very odd behavior so I'm back on the stable branch until this bug gets sorted out. For reference, I'm on a 7800X3D and RTX 4090. DX12 and FG enabled. Photogrammetry is disabled. Nvidia driver version makes no difference.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast

I cant detect and performance degradation with this beta. Although to be honest I don't ever bother to look at my fps. The main noticeable fix for me is the switch to turn off the white dot. It works and seems to cure the white screen borders to boot.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:52 AM, turbomax said:

during day or night time? this is how it looks over KORS:

Sorry, deleted.

Edited by gboz

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

22 hours ago, miguel370 said:

Just gave the beta another shot in its default state with no peripherals connected, empty Community folder and no third party applications loading through exe.xml. Also cleaned the nvidia shader cache for the sake of being thorough. No dice, but interestingly the macro stutter also occurs in the menu without actually loading a flight. I didn't notice at first until I spent a bit of time scrolling through the menus and rotating the globe.

100+ fps for 15 seconds | sim completely locks up for 1 second | repeats ad infinitum

Needless to say, I'm quite worried this sim-breaking bug doesn't get fixed in time for the release (stable branch) leaving us with a sim that can no longer be used.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast

4 hours ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

Needless to say, I'm quite worried this sim-breaking bug doesn't get fixed in time for the release (stable branch) leaving us with a sim that can no longer be used.

Since it isn’t happening to everyone, it will probably be harder to track down by Asobo, they’ll have to recreate it on their end first.

So hopefully everyone experiencing it is giving them as much detail as possible (hardware specs, software running etc). It will be hard for them to diagnose if no one is telling them the required information. 

SU13 is currently scheduled for the 21st, so it’s still a few weeks out.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Anybody else having problems trying to launch the sim. It's been loading for like 20 mins now and still hasn't loaded. I'm about ready to go back to a stable version.

John Snyder Jr

43 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

It's been loading for like 20 mins now and still hasn't loaded. I'm about ready to go back to a stable version.

empty Community?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.