Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

13 minutes ago, gdavis626 said:

Look in Your Documents Folder Under Rex ....I used Notepad to open.

Thanks mate, that was it!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Having issues here. I have set up my REX AXIS account, downloaded and installed Accuseasons Advanced but on the registration page after install, it says it does not recognize my account when I try to login using the AXIS method of registering the product (even though I have set up my AXIS account, logged in on Chrome, and can see the product as available).

So I tried registering the product instead using the other option, however I have no idea what my order number is or where I find it (it's not in the my documents folder for REX as per the serial no. which I have). I bought Accuseasons on Orbx which gives a receipt ID in an email, not an order number. I tried putting that in the field but it didn't work. Any idea where that 'order number' can be found? Also, any idea why my account with REX AXIS say 'not found' when I try to login to AXIS within the program?

I have to say this a very time consuming and annoying rollout of an update. I have now spent wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out.

48 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Having issues here. I have set up my REX AXIS account, downloaded and installed Accuseasons Advanced but on the registration page after install, it says it does not recognize my account when I try to login using the AXIS method of registering the product (even though I have set up my AXIS account, logged in on Chrome, and can see the product as available).

So I tried registering the product instead using the other option, however I have no idea what my order number is or where I find it (it's not in the my documents folder for REX as per the serial no. which I have). I bought Accuseasons on Orbx which gives a receipt ID in an email, not an order number. I tried putting that in the field but it didn't work. Any idea where that 'order number' can be found? Also, any idea why my account with REX AXIS say 'not found' when I try to login to AXIS within the program?

I have to say this a very time consuming and annoying rollout of an update. I have now spent wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out.

Same here. A convoluted mess.
Guess we'll have to wait until it shows up in Orbx Central.

Edited by Indy511

For those of us who have had the original Rex AccuSeasons installed, do we have to uninstall that version before installing the Advanced version?

I read the documentation provided within the zip file and it doesn't say anything about a previous product installation.

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

43 minutes ago, Indy511 said:

I bought Accuseasons on Orbx which gives a receipt ID in an email, not an order number. I tried putting that in the field but it didn't work. Any idea where that 'order number' can be found?

Log into your Orbx account and look for the relevant Product Information. Order number is actually shown as 'Transaction ID'.

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

29 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

For those of us who have had the original Rex AccuSeasons installed, do we have to uninstall that version before installing the Advanced version?

I just can say that the old version is still installed. You have then 2 versions.
That both will affect each other, should be clear.

So, no, you do not have to uninstall the old one, but doesn't also make sense to keep it.

Don't know why they haven't just updated the old version

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Bummer, but I hope that at least runways and taxiways are not affected? If not, I start understanding why it took them so long and they never previewed anything, because it seems that they ran into exact the same issues as Bijan did and he never found a reasonable solution... Hope that the masking tiles are not visually popping like they did for Bijans approach...

I myself have come to the conclusion I can overlook it for *most* flights. I may spend a total of 1% of my flights where I am low enough to have it really be visually unappealing. Once you gain enough altitude the harshness in the roads etc isn't so striking. 

I'm still pleased with the update regardless. #1. It was free, #2. It's not forcing me to change anything that wasn't already in place before. #3. Lots of the other new options, features are very welcoming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

42 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

I read the documentation provided within the zip file and it doesn't say anything about a previous product installation.

12 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I just can say that the old version is still installed. You have then 2 versions.
That both will affect each other, should be clear.

So, no, you do not have to uninstall the old one, but doesn't also make sense to keep it.

Don't know why they haven't just updated the old version

just been through the same loop. I actually installed the new version on top of the old one, assuming it would just update the appropriate files. Should have known better really - REX installs and updates are often, shall we just say, challenging.

Ended up uninstalling both veresions, then reinstalling the original product and reinstalling the new version in to its own folder. Still struggling to get the new one registered though.

Very poor documentation re the update, not at all impressed.

(on the plus side though, it is a free upgrade, which is appreciated - thank you)

Edited by andy1252
text
  • Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I am still having problems to login in @ Rex Axis...Please fix this asap...pff

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Here you have some screenshots now for comparison.
(Note, that the first 4 screenshots are with the same colored trees (autumn) for better comparison!!!)

Early-Autumn.png

Early autumn

Mid-Autumn.png

Mid Autumn

Late-Autumn.png

Late Autumn

Winter.png

Winter

Winter-Trees.png

Winter with winter trees

Screenshot-2023-09-20-154254.png

Closer to ground (winter, but with autumn trees!)

Currently there seem to be be just 4 presets for terrain masking: 3 Autumn and one winter. Nothing more.
But I think they will update them of course.

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 2

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

It doesn't seem to be up yet in "Orbx Central". CHECK THAT, says it's "COMING SOON".

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

So this was released?  I  have the AccuSeason App (bought on SimMarket long ago) on my desktop and when I follow the instructions and click 'update manually' it says there are no new updates.  Not sure why REX makes updates so convoluted and complicated. There are so many developers that have ways to perform updates flawlessly...not sure why this is not the case for REX...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

25 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Still struggling to get the new one registered though.

to follow from my previous post, here is what happens when I try and register the product

HejrYwv.jpg
If I try the RexAxis method, you can see the contradiction in instructions (red arrows) and the result of trying this method (yellow)

xUIeWPQ.jpg
and if I enter the details for my original product purchase as shown, that's not recognised either

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Someone earlier was asking for some preview images so I wanted to show some images, as well as an introduction to the new product which released to existing customers yesterday and to new customers today. 

REX is pleased to announce REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition. This new version brings an array of new features including:

• Terrain Coloring
  • Weather Scenarios
  • Resilient Coloring option
  • 2 New Enhanced Regions (Colorado Aspen and Larch Trees in NW USA and SW Canada)
  • Lower Vegetation option for many cities and towns
  • 3 enhanced vegetation color tone options

In addition to the new features above, AccuSeason Advanced Edition continues to offer the current AccuSeason features, which include:

• Automation mode which allows you to Set It and Forget It so weekly seasonal changed occur on a weekly basis automatically
  • Large number of seasonal presets
  • Optimized performance
  • Winter deciduous trees
  • Global seasons
  • A modern application
  • Deciduous tree canopy options
  • Tree height options
  • Region-specific crafted vegetation

This new version is FREE for current users. For new users, we have not raised the price of the application. For existing AccuSeason users, we hope you fully enjoy the new version and the huge amount of new content. For new users, we want to welcome you to a great experience that will transform your simulator to look much more natural and true to life.

For further information, here is a link to the AccuSeason Advanced website:

https://rexsimulations.com/accuseasonadvanced.html

Thank you and here are some images:

kEZMk0u.jpg

tCyaDUD.jpg

wVqAnKj.jpg

FCcjIiv.jpg

SYpPp6g.jpg

ptF9ICl.jpg

JXgsaxw.jpg

• Like 4

spacer.png