Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

BeyondATC 2.0! - Full Flight! (EGLL - EHAM)

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I tried that 30 years ago thinking it would make letter writing easier. 🤣 By the time I’d corrected all the misspelt words it would have been quicker to write it manually.

All depends on how strong your accent is I suppose.

You should see what it churns out if I speak to it in Geordie. 

15 hours ago, Silicus said:

In general on the right track.

Vectoring to final approach fix was too high. He had to manually catch the glide slope. It should be 'Go direct Alpha Mike 6-1-4" not 'AM 6-1-4'. I am sure the little bugs will be worked out. Love a passionate developer!

With this level of expertise, you should join the Discord and make this known to Captain (the head dev). They take all comments to heart and change the program accordingly.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

🤣🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I tried that 30 years ago thinking it would make letter writing easier. 🤣 By the time I’d corrected all the misspelt words it would have been quicker to write it manually.

There is no need to use the Windows speech recognition tool for BeyondATC. As the dev said on the Discord some time ago "we want to have everything work out of the box - that means no voice training, no 3rd party account setups, nothing. Install BeyondATC and it works. ". The only thing you need to do is read a sentence so it can recognize your voice, as was showed in one of Overkill's videos.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Wey aie man! (From Sooth Shields).

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Being given take-off clearance whilst holding short of 27R is not how things are done in the UK.

You would be instructed to line up and wait. Then once lined up you get your takeoff clearance.

Are you able to provide a reference from CAP493 as to why a take-off clearance cannot be issued before an aircraft is instructed to line up in the UK? Provided that the preceding aircraft is airborne and sufficient wake/route separation has been applied, why wouldn't an aircraft be issued a take-off instruction whilst holding short? It reduces the amount of transmissions and expedites the departure. Your comment is factually incorrect.

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ray reminds of RC would have been great for MSFS o well...

André

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Are you able to provide a reference from CAP493 as to why a take-off clearance cannot be issued before an aircraft is instructed to line up in the UK? Provided that the preceding aircraft is airborne and sufficient wake/route separation has been applied, why wouldn't an aircraft be issued a take-off instruction whilst holding short? It reduces the amount of transmissions and expedites the departure. Your comment is factually incorrect.

I’ll take your word for that. My knowledge comes from a former ATC Controller based at Swanwick who advised on correct ATC procedures for ICAO rules for Radar Contact v4.

Maybe that rule has changed in the last 20 years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Alvega, understood. It’s only of academic interest to me as I fly P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

I was given a takeoff clearance yesterday and was still taxiing so you're right It's definitely not a UK thing. Admittedly I wasn't at Heathrow. Maybe they do things different. 

29 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ll take your word for that. My knowledge comes from a former ATC Controller based at Swanwick who advised on correct ATC procedures for ICAO rules for Radar Contact v4.

I don't know about the UK, but in the 16 years I've been a controller in the USA, the amount of changes is incredible.

We definitely give takeoff clearances without line up and wait.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

20 hours ago, Quaere Verum said:

Very impressed. I'm liking the idea that you can drop into Beyond ATC from VATSIM should you encounter a unicom situation.

I don't like such tools because I would like people join online networks and increase traffic or provide ATC service. Eventhough I can understand that people might have concerns because of language proficiency or other reason. However, your comments made me think if such a tool could be useful for online flying? Just imagen it is able to manage all the online traffic: you would have coverage all over the world and still fly online and have the realism.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Maybe what they meant is that it's common to be given a lineup clearance at Heathrow and other busy places because it's more efficient. You can only give a takeoff clearance once the departing aircraft has lifted off, but you can give a lineup clearance while the preceding aircraft is still on its takeoff roll. This keeps traffic flowing better, which is vital at a  place like Heathrow that's trying to squeeze as many movements as possible out of two runways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

I don't like such tools because I would like people join online networks and increase traffic or provide ATC service. Eventhough I can understand that people might have concerns because of language proficiency or other reason. However, your comments made me think if such a tool could be useful for online flying? Just imagen it is able to manage all the online traffic: you would have coverage all over the world and still fly online and have the realism.

I agree 737_800. Unfortunately there are so many gaps in VATSIM coverage at times that at least having an alternative would add to the realism. How this would work with other VATSIM users who are monitoring on Unicom is another matter/challenge.