Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

BeyondATC 2.0! - Full Flight! (EGLL - EHAM)

1 hour ago, GuyFlyer said:

I was given a takeoff clearance yesterday and was still taxiing so you're right It's definitely not a UK thing. Admittedly I wasn't at Heathrow. Maybe they do things different. 

ive lost count of the number of jump seats ive sat on as crew  ( and flight ops observational flights) over the years from numerous bases in the UK (from my years at EZY and VS) where we been given clearance to go from way before the hold short point and stop bar even, depending on the scenarios as Ive explained above.  

14ppkc-6.png

36 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Maybe what they meant is that it's common to be given a lineup clearance at Heathrow and other busy places because it's more efficient. You can only give a takeoff clearance once the departing aircraft has lifted off, but you can give a lineup clearance while the preceding aircraft is still on its takeoff roll. This keeps traffic flowing better, which is vital at a  place like Heathrow that's trying to squeeze as many movements as possible out of two runways.

In P3D RC can only react to the status of aircraft. That’s the difference to a sim and the real world. I don’t have MSFS so don’t know what the default ATC instruction is.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't know about the UK, but in the 16 years I've been a controller in the USA, the amount of changes is incredible.

We definitely give takeoff clearances without line up and wait.

FAA rules probably differ to ICAO. I know the phrase back in 2005 was “taxi into position and hold” compared to ICAO’s “Line up and wait”.

I believe they’re both the same now if a takeoff clearance cannot be given.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Something I've not seen answered, and I'm sure it has been but I just missed it - we'll be able to turn off those chimes that sound every time input is processed/etc, right?

14 minutes ago, eslader said:

Something I've not seen answered, and I'm sure it has been but I just missed it - we'll be able to turn off those chimes that sound every time input is processed/etc, right?

Yes, you can turn them off.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, motishow said:

Is the atc only speaking to the player? There is no interaction with ia planes?

In the video he states that they are still working on the injector. There were no AI planes in the video. He did say that it was the intention that Beyond ATC would interact with both you the player and any AI planes present. In fact he went on to say that you would be treated and prioritised no differently than any of the AI planes by Beyond ATC. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You should see what it churns out if I speak to it in Geordie. 

• Like 10

This program looks very promising and I really hope this will finally be a valid alternative to Vatsim. 
I understand that Vatsim is probably the most realistic ATC experience for flight sim, but it’s just not for me. Not only because it‘s a bit daunting to get started but also because I don‘t want to spend a full flight monitoring my flight. I prefer being able to do other things while on cruise altitude. A good offline alternative would be great. 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 5

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

This program looks very promising and I really hope this will finally be a valid alternative to Vatsim. 
I understand that Vatsim is probably the most realistic ATC experience for flight sim, but it’s just not for me. Not only because it‘s a bit daunting to get started but also because I don‘t want to spend a full flight monitoring my flight. I prefer being able to do other things while on cruise altitude. A good offline alternative would be great. 

Biggest problem with Vatsim, and it has been this way for years and years, is the lack of controllers except for a few areas and time segments, i.e right now, zero controllers in the entire US. . 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

please delete

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 9/16/2023 at 4:39 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is talking to it mandatory? Or can you use menu responses as an alternative? I wonder how much voice training it needs.

You can set it to auto respond, it also looks like there might be response buttons on the UI.

19 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

You can set it to auto respond, it also looks like there might be response buttons on the UI.

It’s only of academic interest to me as I have no plans to buy MSFS. My curiosity of an ATC program got the better of me. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wow this looks amazing,

I have over 2000 hours in MSFS 2020 flying mainly airliners and many of hours in the Zibo 737 and yet I’m still too terrified to try VATSIM lol.

I try to be as realistic as possible with my flights and good ATC is the last piece of the jigsaw for me. Looking forward to this one for sure. 

• Like 5

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Take my money 🙂 nice addition to offline from VATSIM when you want to brush up on new airports procedures etc.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

I'm on the fence for this one too. As I fly VFR only I'm looking forward to see some previews of VFR flights.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS