Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

BeyondATC 2.0! - Full Flight! (EGLL - EHAM)

Yep I am not keen to try Vatsim despite having 2000 hours in MSFS and 230 IRL.  Just the lack of controllers in many places, the fear of technical hitches, spawning in front of someone and being shouted at, not my cup of tea.  Flight sim to me is a relaxation, but kudos to the people that do use Vatsim.

I was one of the people wanting to see AI injection and control, as it is a shambles at the moment in MSFS.  Now I have been convinced of that in the first build, they can basically take my money.  I'd be interested to see how it performs though.  Anything more than 15 aircraft on ground and 15 in the air and I start to notice stutters, and I have a pretty good system.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Just the lack of controllers in many places, the fear of technical hitches, spawning in front of someone and being shouted at, not my cup of tea.  Flight sim to me is a relaxation, but kudos to the people that do use Vatsim.

This is where I am at, and why I am looking forward to a decent ATC for MSFS.

I like the idea of doing events on Vatsim, and seeing what other folks are flying. But different people with poor audio remind me of work calls. As others mentioned, it's a level of focus for the entire flight I may not want to have. Of course, popular events are a complete madhouse.

Beyond ATC looks like it will be good. It will really be something I wait a few weeks after launch, though. I want to see the reviews after folks have beaten the tires on it for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Yep I am not keen to try Vatsim despite having 2000 hours in MSFS and 230 IRL.  Just the lack of controllers in many places, the fear of technical hitches, spawning in front of someone and being shouted at, not my cup of tea.  Flight sim to me is a relaxation, but kudos to the people that do use Vatsim.

I was one of the people wanting to see AI injection and control, as it is a shambles at the moment in MSFS.  Now I have been convinced of that in the first build, they can basically take my money.  I'd be interested to see how it performs though.  Anything more than 15 aircraft on ground and 15 in the air and I start to notice stutters, and I have a pretty good system.  

That's why I never could make the jump VATSIM or IVAO for that matter, despite the great work from the volunteers and amazing experience. But the lack of and the gaps in coverage was using more unicom...

So unfortunately not for me so I'm still waiting for a decent ATC program for MSFS despite all the good efforts (have been there and used most of them)

Going to follow this one and hoping to be the program solution here local...

André

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

I'm on the fence for this one too. As I fly VFR only I'm looking forward to see some previews of VFR flights.

That's me too, but didn't they say they won't support VFR, at least not upon release? Does someone from the insiders know?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

That's me too, but didn't they say they won't support VFR, at least not upon release? Does someone from the insiders know?

Kind regards, Michael

Last time it was brought up on their Discord, VFR will be supported on release but it hadn't been worked on yet.   Hopefully that will be the case when it releases.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ShadowN7 said:

Last time it was brought up on their Discord, VFR will be supported on release but it hadn't been worked on yet.   Hopefully that will be the case when it releases.

Thank you, this sounds promising.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Does anyone one know, how far away this actually is from release, rough estimate? I wouldn’t like to have to purchase it too late on, with MSFS 2024 creeping up on us.

57 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does anyone one know, how far away this actually is from release, rough estimate? I wouldn’t like to have to purchase it too late on, with MSFS 2024 creeping up on us.

Probably 1st quarter 2024.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Looks like this will be handling the sequencing, I wonder if it'll instruct the user to reduce speed etc... I am so pumped about this product and hopefully we can turn off these stupid beeps in between the transmissions. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 9/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, Rimshot said:

I'm on the fence for this one too.

I do hope you have a comfortable pillow to sit on because it will take a while before B-ATC will be released. In the beginning I followed their Discord almost daily but when they announced they will be implementing AI traffic I decided to not wait for it anymore. I'll look at it again once it has been released. Hopefully in Q1-2024 but I doubt it. B-ATC looks great and I understand the hype but I personally can't stay hyped for longer than a few weeks. 😉

14 hours ago, Drumcode said:

hopefully we can turn off these stupid beeps in between the transmissions

Yes, you can.

Edited by tup61

6 hours ago, tup61 said:

I personally can't stay hyped for longer than a few weeks

I'm usually done after five minutes 😅 Then I just keep on breathing, living my busy life until the new stuff gets released.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I don't understand from the vid, he was given the REDFA1A arrival into EHAM, didn't key it into the MCDU, and was instead vectored in. What am I missing? (Apart from CPL navigation knowledge)