Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Post SU13 PMDG weirdness

I gotta say, I never had any issues with the 738 ever since it was released. Tonight on final to FSDT’s KIAH AT ABOUT 2,000ft I lost control of the entire cockpit, literally everything stopped working, either using the Honeycomb Bravo or trying to click things on the screen. The only thing that worked was the axis on the Alpha and throttle on the bravo, landed but I couldn’t do anything beyond that. Hopefully it was a one off, I’ll keep monitoring.

Is anyone seeing any weirdness post SU13?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I’ve done several flights and haven’t experienced this since the update. Not saying what you’re seeing isn’t true, but it might be a very inconsistent issue and difficult to track. 

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I think I have seen it, but not only with PMDG . It happened to me when I  switch between  windows and MSFS windows somehow got stuck as not active . I lost all my control of cockpit , unable to click or use some of my controller. But reshuffling though windows ( alt tab) and the going back fixed the problem 

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What are you using for AI? This has happened to myself and a few other simmers who use PSXT and RealTraffic and get a RA or TA on approach.  Solution is to set TCAS to TA only vs TA/RA haven't had it happen since.  Seems PMDG is somewhat aware of the issue but at this point its more of a ghost in the machine as there doesn't seem to be a solution outside changing TCAS modes until they figure it out.

• Like 1

Nick Running

9 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I think I have seen it, but not only with PMDG . It happened to me when I  switch between  windows and MSFS windows somehow got stuck as not active . I lost all my control of cockpit , unable to click or use some of my controller. But reshuffling though windows ( alt tab) and the going back fixed the problem 

Yep, that is what happens if there are some USB disconnects while in MSFS, but that's not what happened to me. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Strange. Did two 6+ hour flights in the 739 and constantly moved between monitors for windows word, excel, pdfs, file manager etc and MSFS on the main screen. Even used the main screen a few times. This sounds like an issue with hardware? Maybe your USB settings are set to "idle" when not in use? Not sure.

Check the Device Manager and ensure that all USB's NEVER turn off until the computer is off. Uncheck the setting that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"    This setting is in the device manager under universal serial controllers. Right click, select properties and uncheck that setting as stated above. There might be a lot to go through. There is also the Human Interface Devices as well. Go through those and you might find something like "HID Compliant..." or "USB input device" etc. Right click through those as  well to make sure that setting is unchecked.

For some reason, MSFS hates it when your controller/devices/headphones get disconnected from the USB.

Hope this helps. Sometimes, after a windows update these settings can be reversed.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I have done 4 flights since the SU.  I had MSFS crash and say there was bad damage to the aircraft just as I was about to rotate and takeoff in the pmdg 737.  I'm pretty sure I had everything correct, could have been a hole in the terrain texture at the airport, not sure.  It was the payware KHOU. 

12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I gotta say, I never had any issues with the 738 ever since it was released. Tonight on final to FSDT’s KIAH AT ABOUT 2,000ft I lost control of the entire cockpit, literally everything stopped working, either using the Honeycomb Bravo or trying to click things on the screen. The only thing that worked was the axis on the Alpha and throttle on the bravo, landed but I couldn’t do anything beyond that. Hopefully it was a one off, I’ll keep monitoring.

Is anyone seeing any weirdness post SU13?

Not seen that post SU13 - I did have it happen (literally once) not long after I got the aircraft - which would have been close to when it was released.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I've had all buttons freeze, but not flight surfaces when moving legs around in the FMS very quickly with the 737-700.  That was pre SU13 though.  

• Upvote 1

I have about 9 trouble free flights using the PMDG 737. Using FSLTL.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On my first flight on SU13 in the PMDG 737, I was on descent into Atlanta when my TCA Boeing Throttle Speed Break axis stopped responding. I also lost throttle axis. The buttons worked fine. I have done two more flights with no issues. I have my USB power management configure to not go into sleep mode. First time I’ve seen this problem since 2020 was released. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I've done one or two flights in SU13 with the PMDG.  No issues, but I still wanna know why the LNAV is still so bad.  Each turn is marked by twitchy unrealistic banks.  It's rather off-putting.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi,

I've lost tiller steering one or twice, but it hasn't happened in some time. 

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If you're using more than one monitor, some controllers won't respond if the last-clicked monitor isn't your main instrumentation monitor. For example, I run a separate monitor just for Little Nav Map. Whenever I click on the Little Nav Map monitor, my controller no longer works at all. No controller input is recognized. It's just as if I'd unplugged the thing. I must click the main monitor again to restore function to my controller.

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

16 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

I have done 4 flights since the SU.  I had MSFS crash and say there was bad damage to the aircraft just as I was about to rotate and takeoff in the pmdg 737.  I'm pretty sure I had everything correct, could have been a hole in the terrain texture at the airport, not sure.  It was the payware KHOU. 

You should disable crash detection in MSFS. It's fundamentally broken, especially with custom aircraft. Apart from that I guess one would simply know when he has crashed a 737, so one wouldn't need a screen to tell him that.