Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

1 minute ago, decker89 said:

Is anybody else experiencing an abrupt weird change in engine sound during flight. I've had it happen during climb out, as well as during normal cruise. Everything will be going as normal with great constant engine sound and then all of a sudden, it's almost like the sound resets. It comes in at a much lower frequency and slowly builds back up. I looked around to see if this had been brought up here, but I didn't see anything in my brief search. 

Yes, I have

pmdgngxpilot.png

Yes, the sounds have become "vacuum" like on my end like 3 times.  Going to external view fixes it, and I don't have that issue with the other Black Square aircraft.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The solution for me is/has been the same. Exiting to external view, then back in the saddle view.

Likewise, no similar issue in any of their other aircraft.

Edited by dusty_sourdough907

pmdgngxpilot.png

Another weird thing is selecting HDG from NAV.  I keep the HDG bugged up, but if I select HDG to exit NAV the plane begins to bank

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

6 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Another weird thing is selecting HDG from NAV.  I keep the HDG bugged up, but if I select HDG to exit NAV the plane begins to bank

If you let the bank continue, what happens, how "far" does it turn. Does it eventually settle down on the bugged heading?

Al

Edited by ark

8 minutes ago, ark said:

If you let the bank continue, what happens, how "far" does it turn. Does it eventually settle down on the bugged heading?

Al

Yes I do think it fixes itself.  I need to try it without an active ILS signal.  I think both times it was with an active ILS signal tuned and GPS on NAV.  But selecting HDG should override any other mode laterally regardless.  Tonight, I was essentially headed into KTIW and closing in on the approach beam (RWY 17).  I needed to use HDG to obtain a better intercept angle than the NAV waypoints were giving me.  As soon as I selected HDG it started to bank and I messed with the HDG knob which seemed to "wake" it up.

- Chris

Anyone using a honeycomb bravo notice trying to engage IAS via the hardware isn’t working?  

Using the mouse to click the IAS button works fine however.

9 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Anyone using a honeycomb bravo notice trying to engage IAS via the hardware isn’t working?  

I have one and I am pretty sure it’s working, I can check a bit later. 
One thing that might be worth checking is that the button is not assigned to something else in the MSFS controller setup 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

39 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

All good here too, so may be worth checking assignments as RJC68 suggests

10 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

Same here except that the IAS button on the AP doesn't seem to work as well .  Still trying to debug whether it is me not knowing how to use IAS for FLC on this aircraft or something else.  Need to do more flights to confirm.

EDIT  Correction the IAS button on the AP itself does work as expected but IAS on the Bravo does not - pressing that causes the IAS button on the Bravo to light up briefly but it then changes to VS.

(As an aside from all this I have to recant earlier posts of mine expressing no interest in an analogue TBM - I came to this view after realising this would be a TBM 850 circa 2006 and not a TBM 930 with replacement steam gauges.)

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
typos

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

11 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

Yep.  IAS is working fine.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Hey everyone,

I'm really enjoying this aircraft but am having trouble with the Autopilot. I have the PMS GTN750 (paid version) installed, the Autopilot Master and other avionics is on, CDI to GPS but it's not capturing NAV consistantly. Added to that the Nav and Hdg lights on the AP panel never illuminate. The aircraft will follow a Heading but only sometimes the flight plan in Nav mode. It's frustrating as it makes it less realistic./

Apologies if this has already been asked (I did do a search) and I'd really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Warwick

1 hour ago, Maaarp said:

CDI to GPS but it's not capturing NAV consistantly

did you switch the GPS to VLOC mode ?

"follow a Heading but only sometimes the flight plan in Nav mode."

to follow a flight plan the autopilot needs to be in NAV mode and the GPS switched to CDI/GPS mode. to follow a VOR or a LOCaliser/ILS approach you need to switch the GPS to VLOC mode. Autopilot always in NAV mode, except when you select a heading manually (HDG mode)

Garmin GTN 750 Sample Training Syllabus and Flight Lessons:

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01408-00.pdf

Garmin: Introducing the GTN™ 750Xi and GTN 650Xi Series:

https://www.youtube.com/@KipOnTheGround

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/gps-and-vloc-course-guidance-discrepancies.91381/

https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/navigation/what-is-the-airplane-doing-now/

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/entering-airways-on-430-530.127284/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

34 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Thanks turbo, no I was in GPS not VLOC mode. That's what I use for all the other aircraft that have the PMS GTN 750 and it works fine there.

CHeers

perhaps I misunderstood you when you said "it is not capturing NAV consistently". to follow a flight plan, autopilot needs to be in NAV mode and GPS show CDI. only when you begin your VOR/ILS approach you would switch the GPS to VLOC mode, by pressing the CDI button.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.