Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

Is msfs premium deluxe worth it?

Hi, I really want to fly the 787 in msfs and the airports and other planes in premium deluxe are cool too. So to end this debate, is the premium deluxe worth it?

ps: I already have the standard so I would be upgrading 

Yes,

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The cost of your upgrade will be largely compensated with the added planes and airports, this is a no-brainer really. Don't hesitate and go for it.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

If you are specifically interested in the 787 then absolutely, the current  787 is worth the upgrade cost alone.

As a real world pilot on the 787 I’d say it’s the best 787 currently available on any simulation platform. That’s not to say it’s perfect, there’s still plenty missing or not working correctly, however for flying normal operations from A to B it’s very good, and will only get better.

Two of the 787’s main party tricks, the HUD and IAN approaches are exceptionally well simulated, as are the MFD graphics and fonts which are pixel perfect I believe.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

59 minutes ago, jon b said:

If you are specifically interested in the 787 then absolutely, the current  787 is worth the upgrade cost alone.

As a real world pilot on the 787 I’d say it’s the best 787 currently available on any simulation platform. That’s not to say it’s perfect, there’s still plenty missing or not working correctly, however for flying normal operations from A to B it’s very good, and will only get better.

Two of the 787’s main party tricks, the HUD and IAN approaches are exceptionally well simulated, as are the MFD graphics and fonts which are pixel perfect I believe.

Thought the QW 787 for p3d was better?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For me, it was worth it for the steam gauge C172 alone but for many, the additional airports and other aircraft are important too.

With all previous flightsims, I have always purchased the top version and always felt that I would have regretted it if I had not done so.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

@jcomm
It perhaps had greater systems depth, though still no non-normal operations. On some counts it was better , but overall, I’d say the MSFS 787 is now the best, in no small part due to the accuracy of its HUD and displays.

I did really like the ability to download METARS and ATIS via the COMMS menu on the QW version though , a nice touch.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Absolutely.  Aside from the 787, you get a very well done Citation Longitude, and the upcoming Cirrus S22T G6.

There's probably some airports as well but those 3 aircraft alone are worth the cost.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've enjoyed it for the planes. 

The airports are not worth it for me at least.

Overall they're pretty blank and if you care about the actual location you're certain to replace them with better payware.

The latter world update airports are far superior. I assume they'll never bring the premium ones up to the same standard.

Edited by superspud
  • Like 2

Gotta add my vote for getting it, especially with all the substantial updates to certain aircraft exclusive to the Deluxe version ever since the AAU releases by WT/Asobo to greatly increase their fidelity in terms of avionics, flight model, systems, etc (i.e. Citation Longitude, 787, etc). And don't forget more to come with SU14 and beyond (i.e. the Deluxe version's Cirrus SR22 will get overhauled flight model, new piston engine model, etc.. see the last dev q&a stream from this timestamp onwards: https://youtu.be/_FafhU0Jq5E?t=3499)

To the OP, also look in this thread from this post onwards for more valuable feedback from jon b on the 787 given that he's an IRL 787 captain: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/638187-thank-you-asobo-team-and-wt/?do=findComment&comment=5017279

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

The Longitude alone is worth the price. One thing I love about the Longitude is that it can fly high and fast like an airliner, but also low and slow like a 172. The avionics in the Longitude are spectacular. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Wow. Thanks for all the responses:). I was already almost convinced to buy it, but now I’m sure it’s worth it. Looks like this debate finally ended now with the horizon simulations enhancement. 
I’m looking forward to fly all of the new planes. Thank you:)

• Like 1

I got it on one of those rare sales. It might be worth waiting for. I only bought it for the 787. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020