Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

Is msfs premium deluxe worth it?

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

Fuselage rigidity is actually simulated in MSFS and can be adjusted by aircraft developers to tweak these kinds of behaviors.

Please tell the Asobo team that they need to ensure that ALL default aircraft in 2024 take full advantage of all the physics features available in the sim. As Urgent just said, there is definitely a perception issue and the first target is always the default aircraft. MSFS has shown (thanks in great deal to the work you and your team has done) that default aircraft don't have to have bad avionics and systems. It's time for the same to happen with flight characteristics.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

So AFAIK, SBS isn't modeled on any of the Defaults save the C172 G1000.

I'm not hip to the acronyms, what are SBS and NPS?

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

As Urgent just said, there is definitely a perception issue and the first target is always the default aircraft.

I think what the non-developer community doesn't realize is that all of these things are tools in the toolbox. Turning on the CFD doesn't always guarantee more accuracy, turning on modern propeller doesn't always guarantee a better prop, etc. They're just tools in the toolbox to try when crafting flight models and see if the results are more or less desirable. Every option in the flight model system has upsides and downsides that require a good deal of consideration and tweaking, and work better or worse for some cases. It's amazing to have all these different high fidelity options available, but at the end of the day it's about what works best for the job at hand.

With the flight models we've done (CJ4, Longitude, Boeings) we've tried all the tools available and landed with the options we felt had the best results in feel and book accuracy.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MattNischan said:

I'm not hip to the acronyms, what are SBS and NPS?

Soft body simulation, New propeller simulation. 

But looks like you answered it in the next post. 

And just to be sure, I buy the premuim

deluxe upgrade from the in-game marketplace?

Edited by Hyper14

5 hours ago, Hyper14 said:

And just to be sure, I buy the premuim

deluxe upgrade from the in-game marketplace?

correct

• Like 1

Alr then. One more question though. I installed it and I went to download the heavy division enhancement, but it said the it was unavailable and that it will be updated and return. Is that my bug or something or is it for real?

8 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

Alr then. One more question though. I installed it and I went to download the heavy division enhancement, but it said the it was unavailable and that it will be updated and return. Is that my bug or something or is it for real?

Just use the default aircraft for now. It recently got a big update so Heavy Division needs time to adjust to it

34 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

But is it unavailable for everyone?

This is the message I see:

B78XH v0.2.0 is deprecated and no longer supported at this time, but we'll be back. Please use the default version of the 787.

Working Title just updated the 787, so the new "default" version is indeed the one to use.

Bert

1 hour ago, Hyper14 said:

Is that my bug or something or is it for real?

The HD folks did crazy amazing work and they have my infinite respect, but the current in-sim 78 exceeds the mod in features and capability by a good amount.

My understanding is that the HD folks are re-tooling what they're going to focus on modding on the new plane and will return later with those mods.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 3

It sounds like the 787 simulation has a bright future.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 10/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, MattNischan said:

I think what the non-developer community doesn't realize is that all of these things are tools in the toolbox. Turning on the CFD doesn't always guarantee more accuracy, turning on modern propeller doesn't always guarantee a better prop, etc. They're just tools in the toolbox to try when crafting flight models and see if the results are more or less desirable. Every option in the flight model system has upsides and downsides that require a good deal of consideration and tweaking, and work better or worse for some cases. It's amazing to have all these different high fidelity options available, but at the end of the day it's about what works best for the job at hand.

With the flight models we've done (CJ4, Longitude, Boeings) we've tried all the tools available and landed with the options we felt had the best results in feel and book accuracy.

I somewhat agree. e.g., the contrast in the flight models of the default Cabri G2 vs the Bell 407 aptly demonstrate the core truth of what you say. 

However, I have yet to experience a high fidelity addon without CFD that I prefer over one with. E.g. for that is the BBS C310 vs the FSW C414. 

as Scott gentile says, there’s far more to a good flight model than hitting points on a graph 

The TLDR on this is, it is worth it - IF and ONLY IF - you are actually going to fly the planes.  (the bonus airports are OK but nothing to write home about )

• Early on, when we had a limited choice of planes in the sim, premium/deluxe was well worth the extra money. Even if you only flew one or two of the 10 aircraft, it was a bargain.
  • Currently, some of the included planes have been upgraded, and others form the base for addons like the WB-Sim 172 and Black Square Baron BUT there is also an awful lot more other aircraft available to users now.

Still worth it ? Probably, but really depends on the user and what they fly.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1