Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

FSReborn Piper M500 releasing on Thursday

50 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Amazing work as always Ryan!

I learned from the best Tim 😉

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

You painters...sheez, you'd think painting is hard! 🙂  (great work though Ryan...they are bew-tee-ful)

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I am finding the nose up attitude in this aircraft odd.  I am currently cruising at FL250, 160kts indicated, 246kts true and a GS of 287 knots.  I have my forward view higher than reality, but the nose is on the horizon.  Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Even if I go to MCP at an indicated 180kts, The nose is almpost upto the horizon.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

@MrBitstFlyer This is the normal pilot view (as in real life) perspective during cruise Money 15:08 Final Approach Fix and during approach Time 16:21 Glide Path Captured.

Timestamps: Speak to Me 0:05 Introduction at Wembley Breathe (In the Air) 1:03 Money 2:19 London Oxford Introduction Us and Them 3:46 Engine Start Any Colour You Like 5:33 Taxi and Flight Info Brain Damage 7:54 Departure Us and Them 10:02 Climb to 19,000' Across the English Channel Timelapse 11:35 On the Run 11:53 RNAV Approach Eclipse 13:06 Initial Approach Fix Money 15:08 Final Approach Fix Time 16:21 Glide Path Captured Great Gig in the Sky 17:24 Autopilot Disconnect Clare Torry Vocals 19:59

Edited by The Flight Level
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

This is the normal pilot view (as in real life) perspective during cruise

The video shows what I mean - at cruise the nose is almost on the horizon with very little forward view.  I mention the limited forward view as 'odd' because I don't have any other similar aircraft in the sim with such a cut off forward view like this - which also have a long nose like the TBM850 or PC-12.

The perspective tricks my vision into feeling the aircraft is in a constant pitch up.  Would be interesting to see a pilots view from the real aircraft.  In the sim, with such a limited view available on a monitor, it doesn't feel right.  The addon itself is wonderfull, but I'm finding I'm not using it for this reason.

The video beloe can be paused to get a very similar viewpoint from the MSFS video above.  The nose is lower, with more sky visible anead.  I have looked at a few videos that don't show this high nose up attitude in MSFS.

Obviously the comparison is not 100% proof the FSR viewpoint is 'wrong', but it just doesn't look right to me and spoils the product imho.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
Added a video for comparison

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Obviously the comparison is not 100% proof the FSR viewpoint is 'wrong', but it just doesn't look right to me and spoils the product imho.

You can't use this video to prove anything. Take in account that seat height is adjustable base on human size. Long leg and you must go lower otherwise your knees hit the yoke . LOL Also some people prefer to seat higher some lower.

The video you shows glimpse VS 1000+ descent out of 15000 ft. We we teach people how to fly the first thing we do is to get visual cue rights. In other words, we establish visual relationship between visual horizon and cowling in climb, cruise , bank and etc. This is basic, and this is deferent for each make and model.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The video shows what I mean - at cruise the nose is almost on the horizon with very little forward view.  .

Here is a photo of the real deal. I would say we are pretty much spot on re the horizon in relation to the nose.NoTrB5V.jpg

11 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

You can't use this video to prove anything. Take in account that seat height is adjustable base on human size. Long leg and you must go lower otherwise your knees hit the yoke . LOL Also some people prefer to seat higher some lower.

The video you shows glimpse VS 1000+ descent out of 15000 ft. We we teach people how to fly the first thing we do is to get visual cue rights. In other words, we establish visual relationship between visual horizon and cowling in climb, cruise , bank and etc. This is basic, and this is deferent for each make and model.

I was more interested in the amount of nose visible in the video that matches the amount of nose visible in the MSFS video. They are similar so the eye position in both is similar

You refer to the very first clip in the video where the aircraft is descending, but I was more interested in the next view

Why not just set a custom view to your preferred seating position?  Its trivially easy to do.  I have one bound to my yoke.

I have a PC with stuff in it

I always set custom views for any new aircraft I acquire...I mean, people are different heights in real life, so someone 6'4" will not have the same viewpoint as someone 5'11".    I use an old Logitech gamepad ziptied to my yoke and the gamepad lets me switch between views quickly and easily.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, alpineb said:

Why not just set a custom view to your preferred seating position?  Its trivially easy to do.  I have one bound to my yoke.

Yes, I can raise my view position very easily as you said, but I am referring to a normal seating position with outside and part instrument views, with the same amount of nose visible as posted above in screen shots.  This aircraft has a very high nose attitude in cruise, apparently as in the real aircraft.

I am not criticising this addon at all.  My query reflected my impression of a much higher nose in cruise than other similar aircraft I have.  If this is how it should be then great.  The FSR500 is in my top five of ALL aircraft in the sim 🙂

3 hours ago, Mace said:

I always set custom views for any new aircraft I acquire...I mean, people are different heights in real life, so someone 6'4" will not have the same viewpoint as someone 5'11".    I use an old Logitech gamepad ziptied to my yoke and the gamepad lets me switch between views quickly and easily.

Are you referring to height of people in real aircraft?  Obviously this doesn't apply in the sim, so my thoughts on the nose high attitude of this aircraft in the sim are valid.  It has been pointed out by some this is how the real aircraft is.

I guess I would have the same thoughts about the real aircraft if ever I was lucky enough to win a lottery and have a choice in which turboprop to buy 🙂

41 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Are you referring to height of people in real aircraft?  Obviously this doesn't apply in the sim,

I was referring to the fact that the sim has a default seat height, which can be changed.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 11/24/2023 at 6:08 PM, ryanbatc said:

I second Tim, great work!👍

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2