Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed [31 October 2023]

6 weeks or 12 weeks. It is what it is. I don’t know why people are so uptight about it if its missed by a few weeks….

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

I just hope they don't get any further abuse (or even death threats) like the last time. 

Did anybody actually see this?  If they did, it is obviously from crackpots anyway - you get them everywhere. 
Haters from other sims, deranged keyboard warriors, or immature children.  Anyone making threats about a delayed electronic airplane update is obviously demented.

As for me, I haven't bought the Fenix yet (although it has always been on my list), but I will purchase it once this upgrade is released, and then I will add the 319 / 321 addon packs when available. 

Apart from the stunning new visuals, the flightdeck performance improvements appeal to me.  I wish a lot more developers would look at optimisation not just visual / system improvements.
Hopefully this will become less necessary in MSFS2024 with the improved multi-threading Asobo are promising, although I won't expect too much, as they seem to have an inability to solve even current outstanding issues again just lately. 
Distracted by MSFS2024 possibly.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

This is flight simulation not real life something Fenix is trying to replicate on a desktop just stop it. It is not that serious.

You are missing the point. People going round sending death threats, constantly badgering for an update list goes on feeling like they are so entitled when they are not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Is that 11 weeks at the latest that it will be released?

11 is the number of weeks they have already overrun their end of october release date. So no, it has nothing to do with how long it will still take.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Did anybody actually see this?  If they did, it is obviously from crackpots anyway - you get them everywhere. 
Haters from other sims, deranged keyboard warriors, or immature children.  Anyone making threats about a delayed electronic airplane update is obviously demented.

I don't necessarily disagree but that's easy to say when you and your family are not on the receiving end of it.

9 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

I don't necessarily disagree but that's easy to say when you and your family are not on the receiving end of it.

OK.  So what are we going to do about it?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Fênix is One of my prefered addons, together with the PMDG 737. 

In terms of handflying, and although I don't really know how the real aircraft feels, my prefered so far os still the fbw a320n ex-aequo with the PMDG 737.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

You are missing the point. People going round sending death threats, constantly badgering for an update list goes on feeling like they are so entitled when they are not.

My point is people who take this real serious which is stupidity, badgering developers with death threats are for insane people. Get my drift. Not me. Its not serious its entertainment.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

My point is people who take this real serious which is stupidity, badgering developers with death threats are for insane people. Get my drift. Not me. Its not serious its entertainment.

People do take simming seriously myself included. People would rather aircrafts were like real world, other people won't. Going from the post you put it is not serious it really is to some people and we like things true to life nothing stupid about it.

Edited by carlanthony24

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Going from the post you put it is not serious it really is to some people and we like things true to life nothing stupid about it.

True to life would be flying in the real world not on a desktop sim. Get a clue or otherwise you are a fake pilot pretending to be an expert.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

True to life would be flying in the real world not on a desktop sim. Get a clue or otherwise you are a fake pilot pretending to be an expert.

You really don't like what people do in a sim. Even real world pilots do stuff in the sim to practice for sim checks etc. I literally do true to life minus the failures part. Flight control checks wait for cabin to be ready. Unstable I go around list goes on. I can be a fake pilot without being an expert if you don't like what people do you are in the wrong hobby my friend. I learn from the real pilots who stream and who I am good friends with. I use to just be a person who did not want to follow real world procedures.

You even said yourself you question people who do this. I don't question what you want to do, you do what ever you want and so can the people who want to be true to life has possible.

Edited by carlanthony24

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

You really don't like what people do in a sim. Even real world pilots do stuff in the sim to practice for sim checks etc. I literally do true to life minus the failures part. Flight control checks wait for cabin to be ready. Unstable I go around list goes on. I can be a fake pilot without being an expert if you don't like what people do you are in the wrong hobby my friend.  

I am going to requote this post.

"you really don't like what people do in a sim". I say nonsense have fun and don't take it too seriously.

"Even real world pilots do stuff in the sim to practice for for sim checks etc". What RWP do this in the sim for entertainment and not real world purposes or they would be fired.

" I literally do true to life minus the failures part". Good to know but this is not true to life.

"Flight control checks wait for cabin to be ready" oh really interesting.

"Unstable I go around list goes on". I do not want to be a passenger on you plane to deal with this.

"I can be a fake pilot without being an expert" yes we are and faking it.

"If you don't like what people do you are in the wrong hobby my friend". What are you for real? I do this for fun and anyone take this is a real training tool I would question them as being a real serious pilot and in no way shape or form boarding your aircratt.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I am going to requote this post.

you really don't like what people do in a sim". I say nonsense have fun and don't take it too seriously.

"Even real world pilots do stuff in the sim to practice for for sim checks etc". What RWP do this in the sim for entertainment and not real world purposes or they would be fired.

" I literally do true to life minus the failures part". Good to know but this is not true to life.

"Flight control checks wait for cabin to be ready" oh really interesting.

"Unstable I go around list goes on". I do not want to be a passenger on you plane to deal with this.

"I can be a fake pilot without being an expert" yes we are and faking it.

"If you don't like what people do you are in the wrong hobby my friend". What are you for real? I do this for fun and anyone take this is a real training tool I would question them as being a real serious pilot and in no way shape or form boarding your aircratt.

you really don't like what people do in a sim". I say nonsense have fun and don't take it too seriously. I do have fun taking it serious thanks. 

What RWP do this in the sim for entertainment and not real world purposes or they would be fired. Plenty on twitch and Youtube do failures to prepare themselves and practice have not been fired.

" I literally do true to life minus the failures part". Good to know but this is not true to life. It is for some who don't have the money to become a pilot or something stops them from becoming a pilot.

So you would not want to be on a plane because It may be unstable on the approach. Unstable can mean a lot of things. Too high, too low, windshear etc.

So the likes of V1 simulations fully qualified pilot does engine out failures etc in a sim just to prepare him for his real check. Nothing wrong with that. More fool you. Guarantee at least some of the flights you have been on in real life the pilot uses his/her sim to practice things. 

For one though you should not put people down on what they like to do.... 

Can we please stop with the bickering. Man every thread I've come across seem to have some sort of petty arguments.

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU