Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland Trailer

I concur with @lwt1971: The CN Tower -- and Toronto as a whole -- now look amazing from any distance and angle. Keep in mind that today's World Update XV does not contain the fixes for Canada and New Zealand even though they were all released concurrently. You must additionally go to the Content Manager and download the Canada and New Zealand updates completely apart from the Nordics and Greenland package. Do that, and the CN Tower will look great. In fact, I think I spotted @lwt1971 in the revolving restaurant as I flew past.

GahoOeH.jpg

0PMo1au.jpg

2nxOcPb.jpg

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 9

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 hours ago, DunRingill said:

Is anybody in Sweden seeing any updates to the dem? I don't see any difference in dem or any new aerials, but I see some POI. Perhaps overloading of servers again. 

(I have installed the new WU and updates to the old Nordic WU in case anybody asks 🙂 )

EDIT: Working now! 🙂

Have the aerials been improved?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

How do I get 1.35.16.0? Currently have 1.35.14.0 and happily downloading???

David Porrett

12 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Have the aerials been improved?

Yes for some parts of sweden. Same aerials as Bing maps. Looks good and the dem is much improved 👍

• Like 3

With MSFS, I feel like every day is Christmas. I was still marveling at the enhanced performance and visuals in the new SU 14 beta, and now the latest World Update comes along!!!

• Like 15

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

The new DEM over Sweden is a major improvement 👍

• Like 7

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I feel like a kid at Christmas because I'd just planned some Greenland flying, and picked up the excellent MK airports package, along with the Dash 7, etc.  Then this update drops!  I already fly in Denmark most commonly after my home turfs of the UK and Ontario, Canada.  I just love flying in Denmark, small enough to cover plenty of ground, even in a smaller aircraft, but with lots of variation; the big city of Copenhagen contrasted with the farms, fields and plains of Jutland.  It's a little treasure in the sim.  I love Sweden IRL too but haven't explored it yet in MSFS.   Norway I did to death during the Orbx Norway era in FSX 😎 Must go back there in MSFS.   Happy days!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 8

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I would have liked that in this update Asobo had used their magic to bring back to life the now closed ENNK Narvik airport, Framnes,  as they did with Kai Tak, Hong Kong and Merrill C Meigs Field airport at Chicago.

Edited by polosim
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Nuuk has its new runway, but the hangars seem to have rock piled up against them, almost like snowdrifts.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

19 minutes ago, polosim said:

I would have liked that in this update Asobo had used his magic to bring back to life the now closed ENNK Narvik airport, Framnes,  as they did with Kai Tak, Hong Kong and Merrill C Meigs Field airport at Chicago.

I LOVED ENNK Narvik airport from the FSX/P3D era. One of my top 3 favorite airports. Miss me some Narvik, and I agree it would be great to have a decent or better rendition in MSFS. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Still can't get this fricken download...all day trying.

Gets halfway...then restarts. I can't see where anyone else is having said issue, which is great 💪

For me...grrrrr🤬🤬🤬

Edited by dusty_sourdough907

pmdgngxpilot.png

very nice BUT , all this snow covered aka frozen salted water, on real weather option at 5 or 10 c air temperature destroys the winter flights for me...same for Pacific fjords areas and i'm sure its time to be FIXED ...please , make Alaska, Scadinavia etc beautiful again in winter...!🌨️✈️

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Maybe a cache issue on your end?

I don't use cache.

I am on LOD 100.

39 minutes ago, iliasr said:

very nice BUT , all this snow covered aka frozen salted water, on real weather option at 5 or 10 c air temperature destroys the winter flights for me...same for Pacific fjords areas and i'm sure its time to be FIXED ...please , make Alaska, Scadinavia etc beautiful again in winter...!🌨️✈️

it's fixed in SU14.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rune-ENHD said:

Thank you, Rune. I'm in the US, do you have some recommendations for certain locations that we should check out?

Cheers,

Pete

5 hours ago, Rune-ENHD said:

Woooheeey!!! 😃😃😃

Thank you soo much to Asobo & Microsoft!! for updating "my" region and also giving it a real Boost.

I am from Norway(in Scandinavia region) , looks like next Flight will be *Very GOOD* 

New DEM and new photos/satelite picture-ground 😲😀😀 wooohoo.. some of the shots from the trailer looked spectacular wow.. the Artic is really looking like Snow/ice/glaciers now how cool...

No to be big demanding, but there is also a beatiful Fortress(Akershus Fortress) especially when it is Evening, quite close to the Cruise-harbour area in Oslo-fjord and quite famous, when they made a TIN city *as Oslo the Capital of Norway*, why did they not "also include" such a famous Landmark from Gaya(the castle experts) 😮😮

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.visitoslo.com/en/product/%3Ftlp%3D2978773&ved=2ahUKEwi3_ZmXwrKCAxVYR_EDHZhGC3MQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Cr9uVP4qRf-z6fjZ2S8zn

Maybe it is included in the Photogrammetry area, But I think such a famous landmark of Oslo, should have been modelled by the Gaya 3D artists.. 😃

Rgrds

RuneENHD

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

I concur with @lwt1971: The CN Tower -- and Toronto as a whole -- now look amazing from any distance and angle.

Happy to hear that Toronto has been improved... the same can not be said about Vancouver...

I have quickly again deleted "PG Cities" in the Canada World Update and gone back to Samscene3d.

Bert