Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland Trailer

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Happy to hear that Toronto has been improved... the same can not be said about Vancouver...

I have quickly again deleted "PG Cities" in the Canada World Update and gone back to Samscene3d.

Are they easily separable? TBH there are several PG cities I could do without…

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Are they easily separable? TBH there are several PG cities I could do without…

In the Content Manager:

Go to the relevant world update, expand the content, and delete the PG Cities item.

• Like 1

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In the Content Manager:

Go to the relevant world update, expand the content, and delete the PG Cities item.

Cheers, didn’t occur to me to expand the content…

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I only have a Canada update in my content manager, nothing else. No NZ update, although I have the WU installed. Could it be that it is not shown because I have NZA NZMF installed and consequently disabled three NZ sceneries according to the NZA install guide? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 hours ago, Paul K said:

Download speed is glacial here ( geddit ? ).

Went straight over my head, I must have brain freeze.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

12 hours ago, David Mills said:

With MSFS, I feel like every day is Christmas. I was still marveling at the enhanced performance and visuals in the new SU 14 beta, and now the latest World Update comes along!!!

Sounds promising David.  Is the SU14 beta really that good?  Could you expand a bit on your comment as it has whetted my appetite.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

4 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Went straight over my head, I must have brain freeze.

Ohhh very good!

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Happy to hear that Toronto has been improved... the same can not be said about Vancouver...

I have quickly again deleted "PG Cities" in the Canada World Update and gone back to Samscene3d.

So here is my opinion about the new metro Vancouver photogrammetry (and yes, I lived in Vancouver before). I did a drone fly through parts of Burnaby, Metrotown, Richmond, UBC, and parts of Vancouver city (I had SamScene Vancouver also installed).  Given the photogrammetry capability of MSFS, I think the fixes in this Canada update were acceptable.  Some buildings still don't look good and a little melted, but overall, it's within the quality that I expect of photogrammetry in MSFS, and it's the quality that I expected from the original Canada World Update. The Canada line doesn't look apocalyptic now, it looks like they fixed it. Some of the other shopping centers with the updated photogrammetry look reasonable.  Metrotown looks way better in this update. UBC looks reasonable as well. And the part of Vancouver city around W. Broadway street (south of downtown) also looked reasonable.

My only gripe is, when I was checking out the places with drone view, there was a lot of stuttering and my FPS tanked.  However, I would not want them to reduce the quality again just for better FPS, or we are back to square one, complaining about the photogrammetry in Vancouver again. So I hope they keep this quality of photogrammetry and maybe even improve on it in the future.

Of course we will not have photogrammetry buildings equal to the quality of the SamScene 3D buildings. Those SamScene 3D buildings are handcrafted.  But the photogrammetry buildings are acceptable and are comparable to the photogrammetry buildings in Seattle on the release of MSFS, and Seattle was the gold standard for photogrammetry for North American cities upon the release of MSFS (I haven't checked Seattle recently so I don't know if the photogrammetry got even better in the last year).

And does anybody know if both the original World Canada Update and World Update 15 are both required for the photogrammetry fixes to Vancouver? Or can I delete World Update 15 and just keep the World Canada update, to get the photogrammetry fixes to Vancouver?

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

the main Update downloaded in no time, the WU is at a whopping 2mbps currently 😐

• Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Does anyone have the Changelog for Canada ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Given the occasional comment here ("glacial"  🤣) and quite a lot in the official WU15 thread at MSFS Forums regarding atrocious download speeds* , I wonder why the corresponding thread doesn't have more votes, although it gained some yesterday.

For those who haven't voted yet:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extremely-slow-download-speeds-in-content-manager/598421

*(to be exact: each -larger- *fspackage file reaches the possible maximum speed on my 100 mbps cable connection, but only after the first part idles at around 2.5 mbps for several minutes. This reoccures for every *fspackage file until the update is finished after approx. 10-fold the time it would have needed had this behaviour been fixed by MS)

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does anyone have the Changelog for Canada ? 

Here you go: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-world-update-xv-nordics-greenland-is-now-available/615641

I cite:

"World Update 11: Canada

TIN – Numerous improvements and edits to 11 TIN cities

TIN – Added bridge exclusion maps for all TIN cities"

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The area surrounding Superspud's EKVG Vagar Airport on the Faroe Islands doesn't look good after the update as there are trees where they shouldn't be and you can see half of the runway on the ground image.
Superspud is working on an update 👍

EFIV Ivalo Airport needs a revamp for winter textures:

te77okL.jpeg

ESNQ Kiruna also needs fine tuning with the snow coverage at some points and Kiruna causes a huge cliff around the airport:

5OSRUPr.jpeg

nhqrhbC.jpeg

Edited by Konterhalbe

Talking of download speeds, I am currently downloading the two World updates (XIV and XV) that were not automatically installed when I purchased MSFS yesterday. The download speeds are varying wildly from 2Mbps to over 60. I assume this is some kind of "bandwidth sharing", but with the high speed connection being passed around between all users?

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This World update is supposed to improve previous World update V (Nordic countries). What happens if V is not installed, as in my case? Can I install it after XV?