Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Kuro 788 updated to version 3.0.0

17 hours ago, romaf12008 said:

After reading the laudatory reviews of this product, it seems to me that they were paid for. After all, this is complete word not allowed. Especially when landing

How much did you pay for it?

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Not at all. But I would gladly pay if it flew as you say. He doesn't fly at all. It’s not that it’s far from the level of pmdg, the qwality wings are much ahead, I landed it very softly

just completed the first flight since the update from ENVA-EGCC, and  i also saw the same issue in climb. but other than that the rest of the flight was fine, so hopefully there's a fix for this not too far away.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I just did my first flight in the 788.

Ground stearing is really very good.  Love that.

Rotation on t/o is really iffy (yes, trim set correctly as per the EFB and thrust calcs).  Kind of sticks to the ground and the initial climbout I found to be a bit like it was trying to decide what it wanted to do. That was totally unimpressive and not a great start to the flight.

As many have said, climbing above FL250 is ridiculous.  I had planned for FL430 as per a real world 788 flight I was following, and as given to me by Simbrief.  But I stopped climb at FL390.  It was doing 350 fpm at that stage.

I'm about to do a flight on the 787-10 later.  Can anyone comment if these issues are present in this flight model - particularly the rotation issue?

erich

Edited by ErichB

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I'm about to do a flight on the 787-10 later.  Can anyone comment if these issues are present in this flight model - particularly the rotation issue?

The -10 should be fine with these issues, especially the climbout (this appears to be an issue with just the latest Kuro 788).  I flew the updated Horizon 789 a few days ago and it flew great...climbout was normal (23 minutes to FL410 with light load)  I have not had any of the rotation issues that I have seen reported on any of the models.  Make sure you import plan from Simbrief and load via the Weight & Balance option in the FMC.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Has anyone here noticed that regardless of whether you FLY the default B787-10, the Kuro 788, or the Horizon 789, every time you try to capture ILS, it captures briefly and then resets the heading to 360 and locks the heading and the altitude?  In order to regain control, I have to disconnect the A/P and hand fly the approach to avoid having a bad day.  Anyone run into this?  Horizon's team says they have seen this behavior but that it needs to be reported to Asobo/WorkingTitle's team as it seems to be an issue with their coding.  Can someone here validate this is an issue or could this be an issue related to my install?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I have not see the issue, only problem i have had with any of them is the known issue with the Kuro version since the latest update.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Horizon*
Headwind is the A330 😛

Oops...fixed! Not the first time...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 11/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, romaf12008 said:

Not at all. But I would gladly pay if it flew as you say. He doesn't fly at all. It’s not that it’s far from the level of pmdg, the qwality wings are much ahead, I landed it very softly

did you delete the old one before installing this update? You might have conflicting files.

Other than the slow climb, I've found no other flight issues with the aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I flew the updated Horizon 789 a few days ago and it flew great...climbout was normal (23 minutes to FL410 with light load)  I have not had any of the rotation issues that I have seen reported on any of the models.

I did my first 789 flight yesterday since the update.  Rotation felt better than before but to be honest, I still didn't think it's completely amazing.  It still didn't feel like the expected response from the control inputs having used the numbers to the letter for the take-off.    Climb-out was a bitt iffy for me.  Pretty much the same as today's experience but not as bad.  And then   about 10 minutes into the climb, I quickly went to the bathroom, only to return to find the aircraft falling out of the sky uncontrollably.  Not sure why.

So I'll try the -10.  Third time lucky

Edited by ErichB

44 minutes ago, ErichB said:

And then   about 10 minutes into the climb, I quickly went to the bathroom, only to return to find the aircraft falling out of the sky uncontrollably.  Not sure why.

Germanwings 9525

Edited by Vitold69
  • Like 1

I’ve not flown the sim 787 in the upper however on a real 787 the rate of climb when heavy above FL350 is excruciatingly slow, it’s embarrassing.

To give you an idea, the other week it took me 34 minutes to climb to FL320 at around 240T.

On the jumbo we’d be up at FL350, seats back with a cup of tea after about 20 minutes 🛫️🫖

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

21 minutes ago, jon b said:

I’ve not flown the sim 787 in the upper however on a real 787 the rate of climb when heavy above FL350 is excruciatingly slow, it’s embarrassing.

To give you an idea, the other week it took me 34 minutes to climb to FL320 at around 240T.

On the jumbo we’d be up at FL350, seats back with a cup of tea after about 20 minutes 🛫️🫖

Just had a look in FR24. Korean Air out of Frankfurt. 10.30 hours flight. At FL380 after 21 minutes. 
Looks not too embarrassing to me. 

2 minutes ago, MySound said:

Looks not too embarrassing to me. 

I’ve never seen that level of performance, even when flying them as empty freighters.
It must be very light to achieve that, don’t let the flight time sway you into thinking it’s necessarily heavy, these things sip gas.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.