Sign in to follow this  
regis9

SU14 Will Release Tomorrow

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Great thanks, I missed that. So, I'll be getting up at 4am to start this then :unsure:

Hi Tony, try some of these tips https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2023/11/20/performance-boost-tricks/?expand_article=1 to improve your download speed. 

Also you could try a VPN to some other region that might give you access to a faster CDM array. 

• Upvote 1

Would also be interested, as many folk have been reporting this for months (years!) and if anything the problem is growing and not being 'cleaned up'....in addition the dev team have been quiet on any solution, so would be interested in reading this...

12 minutes ago, peroni said:

Also you could try a VPN to some other region that might give you access to a faster CDM array. 

That has worked for me in the past from various stores.. I'll give this a go. Thanks :)

44 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Since it has been quite a while since I Iast participated in a beta run, what will us SU14 beta users have to do in order to push SU14 final?

.) When SU14 final is ready do we first have to unenroll from the XBox Insider Beta?

.) Or will the update process take care of that automatically?

Thanks!

If you are in the beta, you have to do exactly nothing to convert to 'final'.  I am in the beta, and the my current version number is classed as a beta, but really they are just version numbers of the sim.

I am currently on version 1.35.21.0 of the sim, which is currently classed as a beta.  Later today (about 4pm UK time on the 5th of December), this version number will change to a non-beta.

Non-beta users will get the big SU14 download, where as beta users like myself will receive no further update.  We will still be on 1.35.21.0, with no further downloads, it will just be classed a a non-beta after 4pm.
This is how it has been for the last 4 betas anyway.  The only way things could change for beta users is if MS / Asobo issue a small update at the last minute, but they don't normally do this. 

If beta users do not leave the beta process after this, they will get the next beta automatically.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@Jazz and @Tork_Curve

You will not find any text on this.  It was a statement from the last developer twitch video.  You can find it on YouTube now.

Firstly, let me say I am not at all confident that they have fixed this issue completely.

When asked, they said they found the sim was using two data sources at certain locations (Doh! :rolleyes: Who knew!) and they have found a fix for the problem in Malta, because that is where people reported it was (:rolleyes:).

The response was kind of fuzzy, with no definite information other than the Malta statement, and they said if people see the problem in other areas, please report it (they seemed surprised) :blink:

What the hell!  They keep saying they read their own forums for heavens sake.  :sad:  So we don't know if they have made the fix already or if they only just found the problem, and if it will cover the other areas globally, or if it fixes both DX11 and DX12 problems.

I am really disappointed by the responses on this.  It is like we are using a different sim to them sometimes.  This has been going on for years now.  I can only be critical.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

May I ask how you know that? Is there a source I can read?

They have stated this in the last Development Interview from 29.11.2023 that this will come into SU15

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

@Jazz and @Tork_Curve

You will not find any text on this.  It was a statement from the last developer twitch video.  You can find it on YouTube now.

Firstly, let me say I am not at all confident that they have fixed this issue completely.

When asked, they said they found the sim was using two data sources at certain locations (Doh! :rolleyes: Who knew!) and they have found a fix for the problem in Malta, because that is where people reported it was (:rolleyes:).

The response was kind of fuzzy, with no definite information other than the Malta statement, and they said if people see the problem in other areas, please report it (they seemed surprised) :blink:

What the hell!  They keep saying they read their own forums for heavens sake.  :sad:  So we don't know if they have made the fix already or if they only just found the problem, and if it will cover the other areas globally, or if it fixes both DX11 and DX12 problems.

I am really disappointed by the responses on this.  It is like we are using a different sim to them sometimes.  This has been going on for years now.  I can only be critical.

Hmmm, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking specifically about the airport ground textures that vanish when using DX12. I'm not talking about texture swapping which occurs randomly in specific parts of the world regardless of which DX.

I'm not convinced these two things are even related. Never have been. I have reported areas where this terrain texture vanishing and swapping has occured and they have fixed them. However, this DX12 specific airport problem has never even been correctly acknowledged by them as far as I can tell. It's not a DX11 thing. What I'm talking about doesn't happen with DX11. It only happens with DX12.

What worries me is 2024. Is that going to be DX12 only? Because if it is and they have not figured this out then it will be unusable for me. I don't mean that in a disappointed stroppy teenager sense. I mean literally unusable. I can't fly planes to and from airports that are not actually there.

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

They have stated this in the last Development Interview from 29.11.2023 that this will come into SU15

I don't suppose you happen to have a link and a decent guess at what time in the video this was talk about, do you?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

They never said it would be resolved in SU15, just that they are aware of it and asking for locations even though the thread in question already has hundreds.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

They never said it would be resolved in SU15, just that they are aware of it and asking for locations even though the thread in question already has hundreds.

Then they can't be talking about the the DX 12 airport texture bug at all then because that happens at any airport and all the time for me. It's actually gotten worse over time. It used to be sporadic but the last time I checked it was at any airport I loaded into.

They must just be talking about the terrain texture vanishing and swapping thing.

How utterly depressing and concerning. As I said, the fact they have never even acknowledged this correctly cause me serious concern for 2024.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 3

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

5 hours ago, Rimshot said:

How about the units in which ATC communicates pressure? Still inHg all over the world? Or do we finally get pressure in millibar where appropriate? This is really my biggest gripe with MSFS.

Anyone? Not that you all would care, but if this isn't fixed anytime soon I'm done with this sim... With every single flight in MSFS I have to do that annoying workaround to only fly in the US, because only then air pressure in inHg is realistic; do not fly under the guidance of ATC anywhere else in the world where millibar is the way to go. This really has stopped me many times to actually start a flight. What do the rest of you do? Except this or fly in the US only as well?

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Anyone? Not that you all would care, but if this isn't fixed anytime soon I'm done with this sim... With every single flight in MSFS I have to do that annoying workaround to only fly in the US, because only then air pressure in inHg is realistic; do not fly under the guidance of ATC anywhere else in the world where millibar is the way to go. This really has stopped me many times to actually start a flight. What do the rest of you do? Except this or fly in the US only as well?

I'd be willing to bet my whisky collection that this will never be fixed in this iteration of the sim. It's one of 2 reasons I don't use the sim ATC.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Since it has been quite a while since I Iast participated in a beta run, what will us SU14 beta users have to do in order to push SU14 final?

.) When SU14 final is ready do we first have to unenroll from the XBox Insider Beta?

.) Or will the update process take care of that automatically?

Thanks!

We already have the release candidate in the beta so you won't have to do anything.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

10 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

What do the rest of you do?

I believe if you change the sim units to metric in the options, ATC will begin using MB.

16 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

What do the rest of you do? Except this or fly in the US only as well?

I don't use MSFS' ATC. It's clunky, has plenty of faults and the voices sound terrible.

Just yesterday I tried default ATC for the first time in years. I was cleared to 12,000 feet (despite transition level at 5,000). When I reached 12k, I was told to descend and maintain 11,000. Missed TOD by over 5 miles (in the end I manually requested a lower cruise level to begin descent). It put me on the expected STAR, but due to the (Vectors) segment in the published STAR decided I needed to reach a fix that wasn't disclosed to me until I requested directions to it. Also, gave me just one speed restriction on approach despite there being 2 others.

Cannot wait for BeyondATC or similar.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Anyone know what the release time is for SU14? I thought it was going to be 1400GMT.

• Upvote 2

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020