Sign in to follow this  
regis9

SU14 Will Release Tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Harrier77 said:

Anyone know what the release time is for SU14? I thought it was going to be 1400GMT.

I don't "know" but usually they drop around 16 to 18 GMT

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I believe if you change the sim units to metric in the options, ATC will begin using MB

Unfortunately no. With settings to hybrid or metric ATIS/ATC still gives you inHg when communicating air pressure (I believe in FSX/P3D it was right, haven't used these sims in ages).

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

36 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

What do the rest of you do?

Simply hit the "b" button and don't pay attention to what ATC has to say about it.

I mean the even more glaring issue is that the default ATC assumes TransitionALT and Level to be the same 18.000ft all over the world.

Which I also graciously ignore until this finally gets changed.

If the PMDG 737 can read this from Navigraph Data I don't understand why ATC can't as well.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Simply hit the "b" button and don't pay attention to what ATC has to say about it.

Sorry, not an option. It's not about the altimeter being set correctly. If I want to simulate a local flight in my home country I want ATC to give me the appropriate number regarding air pressure. That means 1013 instead of 29.92, assuming air pressure is standard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

3 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Sorry, not an option. It's not about the altimeter being set correctly. If I want to simulate a local flight in my home country I want ATC to give me the appropriate number regarding air pressure. That means 1013 instead of 29.92, assuming air pressure is standard.

You are just being difficult about it. I fly in Europe all the time, most of the time from Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich or Amsterdam. 

I simply ignore that ATC ATIS is reading out InHG instead of MB and hit "b" and ignore what ATC said.

In fact I don't use the default ATC at all, because it doesn't see the PSXT Aircraft that I inject when I fly.

Edited by Farlis

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

You are just being difficult about it

LOL, thanks for pointing that out. Another option would be for Asobo to fix that. It may be OK for you to hit B and ignore what ATC says, for me that is not an option. When I fly for real I am given air pressure in millibar. I expect a simulator to give me that as well when flying in an area where millibar is used in real life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

42 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I believe if you change the sim units to metric in the options, ATC will begin using MB.

Sure, but then it makes a mess of all the other measurments. It's no fix for the problem at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

13 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

LOL, thanks for pointing that out. Another option would be for Asobo to fix that. It may be OK for you to hit B and ignore what ATC says, for me that is not an option. When I fly for real I am given air pressure in millibar. I expect a simulator to give me that as well when flying in an area where millibar is used in real life.

I expect the same, but for the time being we have to live with ignoring the wrong altimeter readouts instead of pretending that it makes the sim unusable.

Just to be safe it's best to empty the Comm folder, if I remember the last time doing an SU update. Can someone remind me of the simple workaround where you rename the Comm file? What do I change again?

It will save a lot of bother, my comm folder is crammed with all kinds of stuff and the removal and putting back everything is a slog.

Cheers.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

SU14 is out

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-sim-update-14-1-35-21-0-available-now/619902

see here for after release discussion:

Edited by DAD
  • Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

I believe if you change the sim units to metric in the options, ATC will begin using MB.

That doesn't make sense. And option for hybrid would...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

I hope they have fixed the horrible bug where the assistance options wouldn't save... I downgraded out of the beta because of that.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

I don't use MSFS' ATC. It's clunky, has plenty of faults and the voices sound terrible.

Just yesterday I tried default ATC for the first time in years. I was cleared to 12,000 feet (despite transition level at 5,000). When I reached 12k, I was told to descend and maintain 11,000. Missed TOD by over 5 miles (in the end I manually requested a lower cruise level to begin descent). It put me on the expected STAR, but due to the (Vectors) segment in the published STAR decided I needed to reach a fix that wasn't disclosed to me until I requested directions to it. Also, gave me just one speed restriction on approach despite there being 2 others.

Cannot wait for BeyondATC or similar.

FSHUD was probably my best flight simulation investment this usar

I can use it in p3d and MFS and it's really just what I needed.

Easy to use, pretty much coherent, injects and controls AI traffic...couldn't ask for more...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

5 minutes ago, G MIDY said:

I hope they have fixed the horrible bug where the assistance options wouldn't save... I downgraded out of the beta because of that.

they did

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

16 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

In my reality Asobo looks pretty good LOL What reality are you living in? LOL

I live in LOL Reality. LOL!

• Upvote 1