Sign in to follow this  
regis9

SU14 Will Release Tomorrow

1 hour ago, matsout said:

Thanks for posting some real world photos LOL, what are you actually trying to prove with them though LOL?

He was trying to prove he could go wayyyyy over your head flying. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scotchegg said:

That’s one of the things I’m interested in. Various patch notes mentioned some changes in clouds so interested to see if there’s much of an improvement to the way they look in live weather.

The latest beta SU 14

Superstable, great looking atmosphere and clouds.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

36 minutes ago, GSalden said:

great looking atmosphere and clouds

Do you think the clouds have some density they didn’t have before / post SU5?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

17 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Doubtful as Seb only talked about looking into that during last week's Q&A, so hopefully something for SU15.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

22 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Doubtful as Seb only talked about looking into that during last week's Q&A, so hopefully something for SU15.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping the other stuff about transitions and less obsolete data might have had a positive knock-on effect on the quality.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Hmm, that´s hard to say and when I tend tu say "yes" it is speculative.

IN my case and opinion the SU14 BETA is better in Depicting weather because the transition between RealWorldWeather and METAR is way smoother and hardly noticable (no abrupt changes). The clouds blending in and fading out is also much less noticable now. 

Combined with the new sky colors, which are much more realistic (as I see it) then before is superior. 

SU14B is much more stable for me and I git 1 CTD when hit "FlyNow" out of 30? 40? starts. No opther CTD for me anymore. And SU13 CTD my SIM with serveral NVidia drivers and also when fiddling with Settings (switching between DLAA, DLSS, TAA, etc.). The Zoom into the world map issue is also solved with SU14B at my end.

I´m using DX11 and DX12 both, for tests, and even DX12 has the airport ground tile swapping, DX12 is super smooth with and without VR. My FPS is same as with SU13 but the smoothnes is way better in SU14B. Also my sim doesn´t "hang" short when loading in BIG Hubs. 

SO I see a lot of improvements wich where very important for me (my whishes to get a stable sim are answered and I got visual improvements too).

Due the new sky coloring and several changes ASOBO made, also the whole lighting and colors, even on ground and ground objects, have gotten optimized as well.

I do hope that you will enjoy this update as well and you can profit of a much more stable sim too!  

Regards,

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I've been in beta since the beginning and the performance has always been exceptional since I got the RTX4090. For the rest I really don't have the impression of a change. It's just a few positive subtleties with the same flaws.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

8 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

Without that fellow Asobo never guess how to change colors to close to reality. Mr. Biology himself worth more than the whole Asobo team.

I am very grateful with the input 'Mr Biology' had with SU14, but without the Asobo Team how would his knowledge have helped people like yourself?

Maybe a little more thought before posting inflammatory stuff like that.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Does anyone know how big this update is in terms of download? MS's servers are awfully slow for me, so I need to prepare in advance, especially since I have to work on the sim as well :biggrin:

Just to add "Mr Biology" is an incredibly smart guy.. he's well known from the X-Plane world for his sky/clouds addon in XP11. Fantastic tool, and glad he's bringing his talents to MFS as well.

• Like 2

How about the units in which ATC communicates pressure? Still inHg all over the world? Or do we finally get pressure in millibar where appropriate? This is really my biggest gripe with MSFS.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

22 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Does anyone know how big this update is in terms of download? MS's servers are awfully slow for me, so I need to prepare in advance, especially since I have to work on the sim as well :biggrin:

Just to add "Mr Biology" is an incredibly smart guy.. he's well known from the X-Plane world for his sky/clouds addon in XP11. Fantastic tool, and glad he's bringing his talents to MFS as well.

A post earlier in this thread says 11gb. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mikethe6th said:

A post earlier in this thread says 11gb. 

Great thanks, I missed that. So, I'll be getting up at 4am to start this then :unsure: