Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

SU 14 is ON

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Can you email a few of those jelly beans?  All I have is lemon drops and thus far my download rate is just scoffing at them.🤔

That's the problem, I'm afraid. Lemon drops are nice and edible and you have to scare it with something intolerable such as these hideous jelly beans.

Gmail seems confused at the prospect of me attaching these vile things to an email. Not sure I can help. Shame, I really want rid.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Paul K said:

Stuck at 70%, with an occasional blip of a kilobyte or two. I'm off down to Tesco again.

Pick us up a few bottles of Newcastle Brown, mate.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Pick us up a few bottles of Newcastle Brown, mate.

Okay - anything else while I'm there ?

• Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Just now, Paul K said:

Okay - anything else while I'm there ?

Take these revolting cinnamon jelly beans with you and give them to a tramp.

• Like 1

I have the white spinning circle and am getting very choppy performance. I thought I read somewhere that this happened during beta testing and once the white circle went away, performance was better. Unfortunately, the spinning circle doesn't seem to want to go away. 

Edited by Matt Z

1 hour ago, rjquick said:

If you obsessively stare at the download speed and complain loudly, it will help speed things up.

That's why I always start the update and go to bed. I can do a dawn flight with my coffee when I wake up.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

I have the white spinning circle too and getting very choppy performance.

Oh no!  Hopefully they can hotfix this.  It doesn't need to happen.  Honestly...  Asobo!  :sad:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

I have the white spinning circle and am getting very choppy performance. I thought I read somewhere that this happened during beta testing and once the white circle went away, performance was better. Unfortunately, the spinning circle doesn't seem to want to go away. 

That could be due to the servers taking a hammering, give it a day or two and see if it settles down.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

What's the 'DonelO crash'? Just had an error message about it after updating

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Oh no!  Hopefully they can hotfix this.  It doesn't need to happen.  Honestly...  Asobo!  :sad:

I'm waiting to update after a day or two to avoid the usual server thrashing and resulting slowdowns.. but from what I'm seeing/hearing from those who're running SU14 some are seeing it and some not. Couldn't the white spinning circle be happening today due to general server-side load, and perhaps best to wait a couple of days and then see if it still occurs or not?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Thank god I'm in the air and start my 4 on tomorrow.  I'll do it on my days off.

With all those millions of copies they sold you'd think they invest in some good servers.....

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm waiting to update after a day or two to avoid the usual server thrashing and resulting slowdowns.. but from what I'm seeing/hearing from those who're running SU14 some are seeing it and some not. Couldn't the white spinning circle be happening today due to general server-side load, and perhaps best to wait a couple of days and then see if it still occurs or not?

No, I had it all through the SU14 beta.  They seemed to have solved this abomination once a few updates ago.

I noticed the spinning circle returned straight away during the first beta version.  They said they were taking extra telemetry to help solve a bug, so a lot of us assumed that was why.

Maybe kicking up a fuss on the official forums again might help, but this was raised on the beta forums again, to the usual radio silence it seems.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

What I want to know is how come I have downloaded about 3Gb of fs-base-soundbanks when that folder is only 500mb's big.

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

That could be due to the servers taking a hammering, give it a day or two and see if it settles down.

Good idea - hopefully that's all it is.

7 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

What's the 'DonelO crash'? Just had an error message about it after updating

I, for one, don’t know either  but I’ve received that notice at least five times recently