Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

SU 14 is ON

... all downloaded but NOW its stuck on decompressing some file at 100%...good grief!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

me too 100% stuck on that unpacking item that even restarts won't fix, yet others I know restarted the sim and it booted, but not mine, restarts only go back to unpacking 

• Like 1

Would advise to wait a day or two with this sim update.  MS has advised of poor or non-existent download delays/problems.  Not fixed yet.  I finally got the update installed, started a flight, got switched to offline mode due to "low bandwidth".  Switch services back on and the sim hung.  My guess is that the servers are way overloaded right now.

They're going to have to find a new way to deliver content to the sim while keeping online services open at the same time.  They also need to totally revamp the install/update process starting with the UI from the ground up.  I know Jorg has talked about this previously, but this needs to be a top tier priority.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

5 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

They also need to totally revamp the install/update process starting with the UI from the ground up.  I know Jorg has talked about this previously, but this needs to be a top tier priority.

For a company that has soooooooooooooo much dosh floating around, you'd expect a little better i reckon....

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

11 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Would advise to wait a day or two with this sim update.  MS has advised of poor or non-existent download delays/problems.  Not fixed yet.  I finally got the update installed, started a flight, got switched to offline mode due to "low bandwidth".  Switch services back on and the sim hung.  My guess is that the servers are way overloaded right now.

They're going to have to find a new way to deliver content to the sim while keeping online services open at the same time.  They also need to totally revamp the install/update process starting with the UI from the ground up.  I know Jorg has talked about this previously, but this needs to be a top tier priority.

Surely it would make far more sense to not force everyone to update at the same time.

Not sure if the servers support different clients though, are those on the beta using a different set of servers?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Completed install in about 2-hours with a 1GB connection - never saw more than 75Mb/sec upload. 

First attempt took 5-minutes to get to 17% but then stalled for 20-minutes with no activity.  Paused it, shut down the sim and restarted the Sim which, restarted from 0 download - it did not remember that it had done 17% on previous try.

Several times during install the download would stop with 0b/sec for 10-minutes or so.  But, resource monitor showed the sim was writing large amounts of data to my Flight Sim dedicated SSD.  But, the update page DID NOT show decompressing or any other indication of activity.  

Each time the sim would then start downloading data again and do so for 100 - 500 MB and then go into an apparent stall.  

Eventually, everything worked out OK with no intervention on my part.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I am a little cross about the constantly spinning wheel in the bottom right corner of my screen. Why is this here?

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

5 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Surely it would make far more sense to not force everyone to update at the same time.

Not sure if the servers support different clients though, are those on the beta using a different set of servers?

G

I have no idea how they handle it.  I think, if I remember correctly, it's NOT the FS team. It's all handled through another team at MS to push an install, update, and/or DLC.  The FS team though can control how it enters the sim; I think. That needs to be revamped as well.

To answer your question, I would think they could do all at once.  It's apparent that money is no object when it comes to the sim, so maybe it's time to upscale.  I think there are several issues going on at once, even though this particular issue could just be some weird thing.  So even though when they solve this issue, the bigger ones still need to get addressed.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just now, cmorg said:

I am a little cross about the constantly spinning wheel in the bottom right corner of my screen. Why is this here?

Restart your pc and then restart the sim.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

Restart your pc and then restart the sim.

Thanks, I'll try that and report back.

-C

First flight after the update, a CTD about 1 hour after takeoff. 1St CTD in well over a year. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm seeing lots of road lighting where there definitely shouldn't be, as in streetlights on extremely rural farm roads in the middle of nowhere in west Texas visible from FL300. Is this new or a known problem?

Edited by cmorg

-C