Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

SU 14 is ON

1 minute ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Should have kept my mouth shut because after checking out 5 airports, i don't see any bleeding anymore. Time will tell, but it does seem fixed.

Don't hold your breath, It's not fixed from where I'm looking.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

15 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

It’s not ASOBO’S” fault. They do not operate, and have no control over, the servers which stream MSFS or deliver new content. The servers are Microsoft’s responsibility.

this old chestnut again.  

if you flew tomorrow on my airline and the food was horrific would you complain to the airline or to the catering company.  The catering company is contracted and in partnership to the airine and asobo are in partnership with microsoft.  In short you'd complain to the airline, not gate gourmey, and quite rightly so, the airline would then go to gate gourmey.

this is the same cop out answer that aerosoft and orbx's use when they release gash scenery, they blame it on the developers saying they are the publishers.

If im about to make a big change with a catering company at work which in turn effects my customers, and im going to make sure that the catering company is up to scratch with the change.

same with asobo, they should talk to microsoft and insure the servers are up to the task, which they obviously not, as this happens every update, not to mention everytime theres high servers loads at weekends and some evenings, the servers pack up and you get the disconnected error ping up.

They made alot a money from the millions of sales of this game to us THE CUSTOMER, and yet they dont plough the money back into decent servers.

As with most things in my opinion its a quick cash grab,.

Ive said for a long time, the reason this community is plagued by half baked stuff is because the developers get away with releasing it without the community complainning or biting back,  this is exactly whats happened at aerosoft and orbxs, with them casually saying "not my problem guv" 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Here another Catch 22 guy: Asobo made Flight Simulator 2020, but if Flight Simulator doesn't work you can't blame Asobo.

its of my opinion they were never going to spend big bucks on decent servers,  2 plus years on its still not a polished product,  yet they are spending time and effort on the next cash grab namely ms2024

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

41 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Should have kept my mouth shut because after checking out 5 airports, i don't see any bleeding anymore. Time will tell, but it does seem fixed.

It isn't fixed. They have not mentioned it being fixed, and it is not mentioned in the release notes either.  So you are probably just having a good spell of MSFS randomness. :biggrin:

By the way, they do know how to fix this DX12 bleed issue.  They must do, because we can do it ourselves using a setting in the dev mode menu. 
It is just that you have to keep activating the fix at every airport, and it loses the setting when flying away and coming back.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

51 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Don't hold your breath, It's not fixed from where I'm looking.

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It isn't fixed. They have not mentioned it being fixed, and it is not mentioned in the release notes either.  So you are probably just having a good spell of MSFS randomness. :biggrin:

By the way, they do know how to fix this DX12 bleed issue.  They must do, because we can do it ourselves using a setting in the dev mode menu. 
It is just that you have to keep activating the fix at every airport, and it loses the setting when flying away and coming back.

Damnit, and me all happy and hopeful because it didn't reveal itself where it used to - LKPR, EFHK, LPPT, LPMA and VHHH from where i tested.

@bobcat999 Yes, they do, it has been identified and was to make it into SU14, apparently not and maybe relegated to 15 along with the 320.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

@bobcat999 Yes, they do, it has been identified and was to make it into SU14, apparently not and maybe relegated to 15 along with the 320.

Yes, that is probably about it unfortunately. :sad:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

53 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Ive said for a long time, the reason this community is plagued by half baked stuff is because the developers get away with releasing it without the community complainning or biting back, 

Proof they don't read AVSim then 🤣

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Looking at the release notes, SU14 brought some weather changes.

So, I took the WBSim/JPLogistics C152 out for a quick spin at AGGB (Bellona/Anua Airport) late yesterday evening, as it was in the path of Tropical Cyclone Jasper to see what was being rendered.

What I noticed appears to be a massive improvement in live weather with regards to lightning, thunder and turbulence.
9 lightning strikes in a minute, audible thunderclaps, visibility regularly dropped to zero due to the heavy rain and even on the medium turbulence setting, the C152 was uncontrollable.

spacer.png

Unfortunately, I cannot retrieve a METAR for the conditions I experienced. The historical one pulls from NVSS, which is located some 500nm away.

Anyone else experiencing more appropriate live weather that better match the conditions?

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

The catering company is contracted and in partnership to the airine and asobo are in partnership with microsoft.  In short you'd complain to the airline, not gate gourmey, and quite rightly so, the airline would then go to gate gourmey.

Only Microsoft is the airline and Asobo is Gate Gourmet. 😉

I'm a bit concerned about my SU14 installation. First off, the MS Store part went fine, but on starting the sim, it wanted to install to the default location. Not the first time for that, so I pointed to the correct folder. Oddly, it said there was insufficient space even though I had 53GB free. 

I decided to move my entire Steam folder to another drive to free up space, which took over 90 minutes. Once completed, I re-launched MSFS and began the installation. It shows I am installing 137.36 GB! 😯

It's as though I'm installing to the wrong location. And I really don't want to download the whole sim from scratch. 🥴

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Low visibility bubbles around airports are still there. Looks terrible and unrealistic then you see dozens of them from high altitude. And there is absolutely clear space between them. 👎🏻

17 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Low visibility bubbles around airports are still there. Looks terrible and unrealistic then you see dozens of them from high altitude. And there is absolutely clear space between them. 👎🏻

Got a screenshot?

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

32 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Witnessed this arriving to LIRF earlier today.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Only Microsoft is the airline and Asobo is Gate Gourmet. 😉

Asobo doesn't control the servers.

Slight FPS loss with SU14 & DX11 not big enough to notice in VR thankfully, but I've got more of a loss with DX12 which was on par with SU13 so that's disappointing. 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)