Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

MSFS: “A Loss Of Trust From Our Player Community"

An explanation of whut' happened:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/sim-update-13-and-14-deployment-post-incident-report/

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Good on Microsoft being transparent and offering an apology and a promise to fix the issue for later updates.

• Like 1

Let's see how SU15 will go...

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Let's see how SU15 will go...

Yup. That'll be the real test........and 2024's launch 🤣

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I was working that day and downloaded the last update much later, so I miss all the hype about it 🙂

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Wa' happen?

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

A few hours outage and pressure from users leads to companies feeling the need to release incident reports?, I think we have reached the stage where the first world is taking gaming a little bit too seriously.

I suppose its an indication of the amount of money involved

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

I never ever have had any issues with downloads, updates, reinstalls thru the MS store install since Aug 2020.  My guess is the whole thing is caused by unclean thoughts and you know who you are 😉

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I must have missed it. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 minutes ago, Noel said:

My guess is the whole thing is caused by unclean thoughts and you know who you are

No need to... guess. The reason has been clarify by Microsoft/Asobo https://www.flightsimulator.com/sim-update-13-and-14-deployment-post-incident-report/

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

So are they going to remunerate us for wasting our time and lack of use of program we all paid for ? 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

6 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

So are they going to remunerate us for wasting our time and lack of use of program we all paid for ? 🙂

Can't tell if you're serious or joking.  Joking I'd like to think!   Or do you really think we'd be compensated on a one off payment, for a day of hassle, installing an update?

• Like 6

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Yes. Then billing you for every new aircraft or scenery you downloaded for free in your nearly 4 year old game. 🙂

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

A fantastic technical report on the issues that occured and how they resolved them.

A kudos to the MS teams involved is deserved.

A guess MSFS has been a test bed for mass rollouts of large updates to the world.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

An advantage of living in Hawaii is we tend to be out of sync with US mainland and Eur on these sorts of things.  By the time I download, most everyone has gone to bed!

scott s.

• Like 2