Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

3 hours ago, Fragtality said:

I still don't recommend using it.

It was easier to not use it before you provided a foolproof installer and added more user friendly GUI features. 🙂

Just one suggestion in case you want to improve it even further: The TLOD and OLOD values for VR should only be displayed when the VR Profile option is checked. For those who don't use VR these values are of no interest and are only distracting.

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Just one suggestion

Weren't you paying attention! He said in the description he didn't want any suggestions! Good Grief! 😜🤣

• Like 1

Does the new installer put the MobiFlight Event/WASM Modul in the community folder now? 

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

can someone please post their settings with 144 hz monitor and vsync on in sim 1/3 48 fps,with the  latest mod.

thank you 

Mike

Edited by mikeymike

37 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Does the new installer put the MobiFlight Event/WASM Modul in the community folder now? 

Yes it does. Probably best to remove the file before using the installer in case it works a different way or perhaps when you sue the installer it just writes over the manually installed folder. Who knows. Anyway running the installer does everything.

4 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

Yes it does. Probably best to remove the file before using the installer in case it works a different way or perhaps when you sue the installer it just writes over the manually installed folder. Who knows. Anyway running the installer does everything.

I noted it, I moved it to my AddOnLinker folder that I had before.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

22 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

can someone please post their settings with 144 hz monitor and vsync on in sim 1/3 48 fps,with the  latest mod.

thank you 

Mike

What settings you should use depends on your hardware, not your monitor.

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

What settings you should use depends on your hardware, not your monitor.

smasung g5 monitor 

7950x3d 3080ti

6000mhz 32gb ram

4 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

smasung g5 monitor 

7950x3d 3080ti

6000mhz 32gb ram

I also have a 144hz monitor and the game locked at 48 fps, I use 100 at ground, 150 at 1500 feet and 200 at 2500 feet, I leave the right settings at 200 and the fps option unchecked.

7800X3d

RTX 4070 

So your computer should manage same settings

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

Anybody know of any 3rd party software that I can use to assign a hotkey to change the profiles in this App?

OK sorry to be pedantic but there is no such word as "adaption" the actual English word is "adaptation".  Sorry again but it was just getting to me.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

3 hours ago, brucewtb said:

OK sorry to be pedantic but there is no such word as "adaption" the actual English word is "adaptation".  Sorry again but it was just getting to me.

Bruce

Not quite. Be ready to learn something about your own language. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adaption

Someone who is even more into semantics could possibly elaborate that both words have slightly different meanings and which one would be appropriate here.

But hey, I was told the dev did not want suggestions. 😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I also have a 144hz monitor and the game locked at 48 fps, I use 100 at ground, 150 at 1500 feet and 200 at 2500 feet, I leave the right settings at 200 and the fps option unchecked.

7800X3d

RTX 4070 

So your computer should manage same settings

can you post a screen shot of your settings?

thanks

mike

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Not quite. Be ready to learn something about your own language. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adaption

Someone who is even more into semantics could possibly elaborate that both words have slightly different meanings and which one would be appropriate here.

But hey, I was told the dev did not want suggestions. 😉

"Adaption is when something has been changed by its environment. Adaptation is changing or updating something to make it better or more functional in a different setting."   

I'm unsure what the original context was but if related to Adaptive LOD then that seems correct in that the LOD changes based on altitude ie it changes in relation to it's environment. You could also say that Adaptive LOD is an adaptation of the MSFS settings because it gives more functionality to the settings. As to the word 'adaption' I partly agree with @brucewtb in that the word is rather archaic and most dictionary's would steer you to 'adaptation', however, 'adaption'' is a word albeit not a widely used one today...(except perhaps in the US via Merriams Webster) and it's meaning is slightly different. So if one were to use 'adaption' you would have to be sure 'adaptation' was not actually the more correct word. I assume this is the irritation that brucetwb refers ie using 'adaption' in the wrong sense when the correct word would be 'adaptation'. 

Ahhh.... the nuances of the English language. We all learn something new everyday no matter how long we speak it.       

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.