Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

Aren't the OLD Level redundant for all with newer GPU's? I've never noticed a difference in fps from having it set lower than 200.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

Aren't the OLD Level redundant for all with newer GPU's? I've never noticed a difference in fps from having it set lower than 200.

VRAM 😉

André

9 hours ago, Stona said:

I've been playing around the FPS Adaption section and whilst it reacts when the sim drops below the target average FPS, it doesn't seep to recognise the "Reduce for" value!  This means  it's constantly changing the LOD back and forth between the assigned TLOD level and the FPS Adaption "reduce by" level cause the game to stutter.

I notice this to so I turn off that option, my fps are quite stable above 2000 feet anyway, and after I turn off FPS Adoption the game runs stutter free.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

VRAM 😉

Aha, didn't think of that, but I'm running DX11 so I will try to turn that off.

37 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

Nope, it is not a visual Tweak. The Behavior of the Sim and its core Systems are actively modified. It should be obvious that this Tool is "more extreme" than Reshade.

My argument was more of a "Could this be banworthy because of what you are trying to do?" rather than "Could this be banworthy because of the way you are doing it?" In terms of what you are trying to do, this tool in my opinion in the same category as ReShade.

I haven't read any of the MSFS ToS, but what I imagine could perhaps be banworthy is the Google Map Replacer, as this actively blocks one of Microsoft's own services and replaces it with the service from a competitor, possibly also against Google's ToS as the author of the Map Replacer sells a "pro license" to provide Google data to his customers, and I am not quite sure if he has Google's permission to do that. That's a bit more fishy both in the what and the how than this LOD app, and I haven't heard about people getting banned for using the Google Map Replacer.

• Like 1

Has anyone compiled a VR compatible executable yet?  I checked the latest zip on Github and it appears to still only contain the 2D executable.

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

If you notice a difference in FPS and visuals between 200 and 400 you will still benefit from this app. You can set TLOD to 200 on the ground and to 400 at cruise.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

Has anyone compiled a VR compatible executable yet?  I checked the latest zip on Github and it appears to still only contain the 2D executable.

Just wait a little longer ... 😉 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

If you notice a difference in FPS and visuals between 200 and 400 you will still benefit from this app. You can set TLOD to 200 on the ground and to 400 at cruise.

I know, I was referring to the OLOD values

47 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I know, I was referring to the OLOD values

I see. I agree I don't see much difference in FPS with these.

1 hour ago, Fragtality said:

Just wait a little longer ... 😉 

Thank you not only for this, but for continuing to engage with everyone, and work on making it even better... Much appreciated 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I'm having some good results with this, but does this affect aircraft pop-in as well?  I'm on LOD 1 on final approach and it's a bit of an immersion killer when the planes start spawning into the airfield at about 1000 AGL.  I can't remember however if this used to be the case or it is affected by the LODs.  

I am on my 2nd leg of the day in the PMDG 737 and I have to say using this tool along with SU14 my MSFS experience has never been so smooth. I never really had issues once in the air but would get the occasional stutter when taxiing with TLOD above 180. This little utility really does seem to be the missing piece of the puzzle we have all been waiting for.

I am running custom shadows of 6144 and have pushed the render sale to 105 which keeps my 4090 from twiddling it's thumbs. Once above FL240 my TLOD is 300 and OLOD is 200.

I am one happy bunny that's for sure. Once again than you so much Fragtality for gifting this too the community. It's dedicated and talented developers like you that help make this beautiful Sim an incredible experience.

Merry Christmas !! 🙂

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I would give this a try except for one thing - I struggle to find any visual difference between low (100)  and high (200 plus) LOD on the ground and in the air up to airliner flight levels.  That is at 4K on a 49 inch Sony TV.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I works just great. Now I suppose I'd better try this FrameGeneration hack thingy. It's all very sad. After well over a year of being completely cured of Obsessional FPS Anxiety Syndrome it's come back with a vengeance.