Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

4 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

where is the link to actually dl the file? not seeing it....

Just click on this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Fragtality/DynamicLOD/master/DynamicLOD-latest.zip

That should download it automatically.

GitHub can be tricky! 🤪

Your going to need this too: https://github.com/MobiFlight/MobiFlight-WASM-Module/releases/download/0.7.1/mobiflight-event-module-0.7.1.zip

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have been following this with interest.

Anyone out here who can post a short How to ? And what to pay attention for ?

Thank you in advance in behalf of me and others…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Have been following this with interest.

Anyone out here who can post a short How to ? And what to pay attention for ?

Thank you in advance in behalf of me and others…

I'll try to find the time to do it tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

There isn't much to it at all. It's very basic

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fragtality said:

😅

As for the Future: don't expect much Evolvement. It does already what is supposed to do.
I had thoughts of copying the Installer over, because it basically uses the same "Skeleton" as FenixQuartz, Fenix2GSX and WorkingTitle2GSX. (Although that would be working against it being deterrent to average Joe & Jane^^)
Seeing the hot-mess it created, I may look into the VR Settings - although I'm already nerved to do Stuff I don't have any Benefit from for People being fancy again 🤪. (And this would not be "fixing" something, because there is nothing "broken".)

Please do look into the VR settings if you can as I am sure MANY people will find this tool extremely useful in VR.

Apologies if I you felt that I implied that the tool was ‘broken’ because it doesn’t change the VR LOD. I only posted that as an ‘Issue’ on Github because I could not find where else to contact you. 

This tool works so well and is simple to use which is why I am hopeful there won’t be people bothering you if VR implementation can be achieved in a similarly simple manner. 

Thank you for sharing this with the rest of the community! Will be more than happy to buy you a coffee to thank you for your efforts.

Edited by Divij

22 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

I'll try to find the time to do it tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

There isn't much to it at all. It's very basic

Thank you very much. 
That would be a great help for many…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I don't post much but I have to say that this worked exceptionally well.  Kudos for the nice job.  I hate to ask for more, but VR support would be a double game changer.

Edited by do_denver2

9 hours ago, Fragtality said:

First, don't forget this would not even exist without muumimorko and his/her MSFS_AdaptiveLOD - all Credits to him/her.

Absolutely. But apart from making it compatible with the latest sim update you made it more user friendly and added the FPS-adaption feature which is a very smart idea.

9 hours ago, Fragtality said:

The User really should know what he/she is doing there before going ahead. I don't want to be bothered and certainly not be responsible for anyone's Problems using it.
It is just not intended for the average Joe/Jane out there.
Hope that explains the Mindset a bit better behind the Conflict between "openly shared" and "Readme says not to use it".

That being said: I certainly won't never recommend anyone using it with this Background. Use it at your own Risk, don't complain to me. 
There will be zero Support. 

This is understood and it is perfectly fine.

I - and I'm sure many, many others - would just be most grateful if you keep this compatible with future sim updates and keep sharing it with the community.

And if anything, this "mess" you created should get Asobo to finally realize that this feature is a must-have for MSFS and should be included in the sim itself.

14 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Absolutely. But apart from making it compatible with the latest sim update you made it more user friendly and added the FPS-adaption feature which is a very smart idea.

This is understood and it is perfectly fine.

I - and I'm sure many, many others - would just be most grateful if you keep this compatible with future sim updates and keep sharing it with the community.

And if anything, this "mess" you created should get Asobo to finally realize that this feature is a must-have for MSFS and should be included in the sim itself.

Totally agree on this 

• Like 1

Between this and the frame generation hack for RTX cards, might be able to squeeze out some good frames in all contexts soon!

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

What are you refering to?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Thanks FBW737.  I've downloaded these 2 and unpacked them onto my MSFS drive.  What next?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

18 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Thanks FBW737.  I've downloaded these 2 and unpacked them onto my MSFS drive.  What next?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cianpars said:

You also need to install NET 7 Runtime for the program to work.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |