Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

17 hours ago, Krakin said:

I tried it and I hate it. The screen judder is CRAZY and performance at iniBuilds airports still sucks. Am I doing something wrong?

The screen judder can be stopped by switching to window mode and back to full screen (2x alt+enter). Takes two seconds.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

19 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I was just about to do a KMSP-KDEN flight in the Fenix, and the stuttering or jittering issue was happening much more frequently than it had been. Previously, it happened two, maybe 3 times during a flight, and usually on the ground. During the first 25 minutes of this flight, it was happening every 4-5 minutes and I had to alt-enter to reset it back to normal.   

It dawned on me that this was an early morning flight with patchy fog and areas of sunlight coming through. It was then that I noticed what was different than my previous flights. There was lots of light bloom. I went into settings and disabled bloom. The problem was gone. I sat there and fooled around switching views, looking around in the cockpit, hitting drone and spinning, etc.. The problem did not reappear. Before turning bloom off, it happened 4 or five times in the span of 25 minutes. Either something else had changed in the scenario in that 25 minutes to make the problem go away, or the bloom setting did it.

Would someone else seeing this issue mind trying turning off bloom and letting me know if it makes a difference for you?

This is a known bug and not connected to DSR3 FG.
Disabling Bloom indeed gets rid of the jitter (others describe it as white flashes).

For me (3090Ti, 537.42 driver) the combination of "Bloom=Enabled" and "AMD FX Sharpening=0" caused the jittering.
Setting Bloom=Enabled" while "AMD FX Sharpening=0" got rid of the jittering.
Setting Bloom=Enabled" and "AMD FX Sharpening=100" also got rid of the jittering.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Does anyone know with Frame Generation, what items are VRAM heavy? (I still have 8GB Vram)

I had been using DX11 before but for FG, DX12 is needed.

Yes because you need to use DX12 and DX12 IS VRAM heavy...When and IF MS gets DX12 out of Beta and into a better state I feel like this mod would work a LOT better.

• Like 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I also only have 8 GB (3070) and for me it works to have texture quality one notch down. My vram usage is between 75% and 98%

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

I also only have 8 GB (3070) and for me it works to have texture quality one notch down. My vram usage is between 75% and 98%

But you are maxing everything else right? including Terrain LOD and Object LOD

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

9 hours ago, Nemo said:

The screen judder can be stopped by switching to window mode and back to full screen (2x alt+enter). Takes two seconds.

Oh ok thanks. I'll try it later.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I don't know how I missed it before, but I had motion blur set to ultra. I turned bloom back on and set motion blur to off, and it's running much smoother.

Yeah, bloom still has issues, but they happen with or without FG so I'll live with it and hope Asobo fixes it at some point.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

v0.9 is out, will try in few minutes

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, DAD said:

v0.9 is out, will try in few minutes

Thanks!

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738

https://github.com/Nukem9/dlssg-to-fsr3

0.90:

• Added a universal zip archive for maximum game support. Separate READ ME.txts are included within each folder. Registry key tweaks are not required.
  • Universal DLLs now automatically disable the EGS overlay due to hooking conflicts.
  • Universal DLLs now bypass GPU architecture checks for stubborn games (Dying Light 2, Returnal).
  • HDR luminance values are now queried from the active monitor, falling back to defaults when necessary.
  • Fixed GPU driver crashes in Dying Light 2 with universal DLLs.
  • Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling status is now logged.

Don't forget (I did) to clean your dxcache (C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion) as if not it the world-of-stutters.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

4 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Don't forget (I did) to clean your dxcache

thx for reminding me

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

And does the new version bring any improvements regarding MSFS 

Didn't see anything yet really specific after very few flights. Need more time although the release notes is obviously not MSFS related 😉

Remark: I just discovered that on my system, the nvidia filters functionality is not compatible with the Frame Generation mod (on my 3080): GPU at 100% and VRAM at 99% immediately 😉 But it may be well know by the community yet.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

6 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Thanks!

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738

https://github.com/Nukem9/dlssg-to-fsr3

Don't forget (I did) to clean your dxcache (C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion) as if not it the world-of-stutters.

Thank you for the info Vincent ! There are now 3 different versions available on Nexusmods. Which one should i/we choose ?

9 minutes ago, Squatdrop said:

There are now 3 different versions available on Nexusmods. Which one should i/we choose ?

I personally pick the simple one (dlssg-to-fsr3-0.90-738-0-90-1704864090.zip) as I'm not using DLSSTweaker and don't understand what is the universal version 😉

Vincent B.