Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Okay, had a short test flight.... As i was taxiing to the runway I was in heaven... Best and most fluid performance I have ever seen. Few minutes into the flight I had the worst stutters I have ever seen.  They lasted until the arrival gate. Terrible. I´m on RTX 2060 super, TAA, DX12 and adaptive lod in use. Maybe not my cup of tea.... Sad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tapani Österberg

"DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg"

I feel obliged to interject and say, you may be introducing a security risk with such a change, albeit a fairly limited one.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

VSync must be forced ON in NVCP for FlightSimulator.exe and OFF in the sim graphics settings.

Yes, it's actually my setup for months now.

And despite this, I have these tearing everywhere on my screen. I notice that there's less of these artefact when my GPU is less stress. I set in NVIDIA Control Panel, the "Max Frame Rate" to 30 which is confortable for my usage and will continue testing.

Q2t5zBJ.png

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

4 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

And despite this, I have these tearing everywhere on my screen. I notice that there's less of these artefact when my GPU is less stress. I set in NVIDIA Control Panel, the "Max Frame Rate" to 30 which is confortable for my usage and will continue testing.

Try max frame rate OFF.

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

I was running the 0.5 version all last night with the odd graphics card crash with the warning message.  This occured mainly if I was changing graphics settings.  Currently trying the 0.6 release this morning and got a crash as soon as the sim menu appeared now another one without any warning.  The new release does not appear to be as stable, well for me anyhow. I also do not get a warning message on sim start about the mod, which I did on 0.5.  Frame Gen still shows up in the sim

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I was able to solve my problems (sim was not starting or FG was not available) with deleting the UserCfg.opt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

48 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

30 is jerky, try 60 fps or remove it at least for the purpose of testing.

With 30, your system is rendering only 15 "real" fps (1 each 67 ms) and I am not sure FG can cope with it... when you pan the view, the image changes a lot in a 67 ms time.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Does anybody with a multi monitor setup (using multiple rendered windows via Experimental) know if this is applying frame generation to multiple windows? Or is it as per NVIDIAS frame generation, only the main windows (which must also be in focus)?

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Q2t5zBJ.png

The results with this utility seem very volatile. I get best results with zero tearing by switching vsync on in both Nvidia Control Panel and in sim! This together with the lod changing utility have improved my sim experience immeasurably!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

not community, looks like content folder is a sync of the folder in winapps

Hello, what do you mean a sync?  A sync of Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe in WinApps?  How to do a sync?  Any website link to share?

I've left my mostly ultra graphics setting as before other than changing to DX12, turning off FG, turning off in game v sync and adjusting down some settings so my 10GB of VRAM aren't overwhelmed by DX12. The results of this mod are outstanding. 1440p 60fps solid in busy inibuilds airports like LAX and JFK with PSXT traffic while in the PMDG or Fenix. I've managed to start both planes up but yet to do any flying. There is some jankyness occasionally either crashing when in the graphics settings menu or sometimes the frame gen goes wrong but starts working again. Obviously the overlay/menu smearing as others have talked about before. But super impressive to see FG working on my RTX3080. Shows that nvidia are money grabbing by restricting the feature to the 4000 series cards.  

• Like 3

Does this work best with TAA or DLSS?

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case