Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

11 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Well Microsoft doesn't allow me to change some of the setting on my own computer. If I search in in setting for Core Isolation I get a message acknowledging that it is there but I'm not allowed to change the setting. A-holes!

Try this:

1. Open Start.
  2. Type regedit and click the top result to open the Registry Editor.
  3. Browse the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity
  4. Double-click the Enabled key and change its value from 1 to 0.
  5. Click the OK button.
  6. Reboot the PC
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Well it was great while it lasted (some 30 minutes or so). Two different CTD's in quick succession. One related to a memory location and another referring to my graphics card. The only CTD I have had with MSFS before this were when plugging in or out a USB or Bluetooth device. Am out for now but will keep watch for developments in the space.

14 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Well it was great while it lasted (some 30 minutes or so). Two different CTD's in quick succession. One related to a memory location and another referring to my graphics card. The only CTD I have had with MSFS before this were when plugging in or out a USB or Bluetooth device. Am out for now but will keep watch for developments in the space.

USB and BT devices have nothing to do with this feature...

Personally I have experimented many problems after SU14 but after a clean install, 546.31 hotfix drivers (I am avoiding 546.33 for now, due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback of the community), I am using both FG and DynamicLOD without issues and MSFS has never been so smooth and enjoyable for me. No hardware upgrade that money could buy would have brought such an improvement as these two free tricks. 

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

26 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

USB and BT devices have nothing to do with this feature...

That is what I am saying. The previous CTD's I encountered were very obvious and easy to resolve. The two CTD's after installing this mod are not something I've seen before. Might try it again if I have enough time to spend hours and hours troubleshooting instead of simming.

Took me all of 3 minutes to set this up with my 3060ti. Even KLAX with a full FSLTL load gives me about 35fps. No screen tearing. Smooth as silk.

Thank you, Santa!

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I also got a CTD the 3rd time testing. no clue what caused it , will continue playing w it but this reminds me too much of the old FSX, more tweaking then simming.....

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

On v0.7 and no CTDs on any of the versions so far.  Using TrackIR the only thing I have to be careful about is keeping my head perfectly still when using the in game menus.  There is the odd graphical glitch here and there but it's not bad enough to stop me using the mod.  Locked at 60 FPS.

I can't say I've really noticed any difference between v0.5, v0.6 and v0.7 other than the nag screen being removed with the 0.6 update.

I hope this continues to develop or is properly implemented via the official channels.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

People with MS Store version, how do you copy the 2 files to the folder ? I am getting a message saying there is not enough space to copy them. Clearly i got more then 100gb free...

Roi Ben

33 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

People with MS Store version, how do you copy the 2 files to the folder ? I am getting a message saying there is not enough space to copy them. Clearly i got more then 100gb free...

Sometimes if you zip the files, place the zip file into the folder then unpack it you can make it work.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Sometimes if you zip the files, place the zip file into the folder then unpack it you can make it work.

It then tells me i do not have permission 

Roi Ben

Added this and it’s smooth as a smooth thing. Quite a modest system was getting 35-50fps with a mix of high and ultra at 1080p and now never below 60. Only issue I’m having is a stuttering shadow of the aircraft on the ground, and that I can deal with.   

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

8 hours ago, EduSCA said:

Wow I managed to get it to work with my GTX 1080ti, you have to replace your nvapi64.dll in your system32 folder with a fake one that you can find in this link

https://github.com/FakeMichau/nvapi-dummy

DLSS will not work for obvious reasons but the frame generation option will appear.

I tested very little because I have to wake up early tomorrow. Don't forget to make a backup of nvapi64.dll if you want to test.

credits to the user "Milhoroxo" who posted the method on Nexus mod page.

Got it to work with my GTX1070 too, frame rate doubles but there's plenty of choppiness and screen glitches. Looks like some more work is needed.
I did not use the nvapi64.dll file from that github page (has to be compiled apparently and I have zero knowledge on how to do that) but instead got it from the DLSS2FSR Discord group here

On a slight different topic, while fiddling with settings I discovered FSR2 on quality provides a similar image quality than TAA with 100% scaling but with a much higher framerate. MSFS never looked better here on my very old PC.

Edited by peroni

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

It then tells me i do not have permission 

Download takeownership and use that to resolve permissions.

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/takeownershippro.html

Edited by cianpars

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hey, if you installed your simulator a long time ago, it was installed on a locked folder and you can't modify those files. Some time ago Asobo started installing all simulators on the C:/XboxGames folder, which is a folder you can modify. To avoid uninstalling all the simulator follow this steps:

- Open XBOX app. Install it thru the MS Store if you don't have it.

- Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and select "Manage"

- On the General settings, select Enable, under the Advanced management features:

spacer.png

- This will move all your files to the C:/XboxGames folder. No files are lost.

19 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Well Microsoft doesn't allow me to change some of the setting on my own computer. If I search in in setting for Core Isolation I get a message acknowledging that it is there but I'm not allowed to change the setting. A-holes!

Are you logged in as an Administrator?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |