Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

I can't even get my MSFS location showing up on this so alas can't use it...

4 hours ago, davenicoll said:

I can't even get my MSFS location showing up on this so alas can't use it...

What do you mean, you can’t find the exe?

It's tricky. If it's the store version have a look for your Xbox folder. Mine was on my D drive. If you can't find it here go to your Xbox app right click on the game and there's a folder there - can't remember just now- and in that it will give you a sub folder "files'. Put the files in there . Just put it in the folder where your flight simulator.exe resides. Not in the exe.

Edited by petejohno1

On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, MDFlier said:

I think you just need to drop a 2nd copy of the two files in the folder where the Cyberpunk .exe file is. The registry is already set up, so it should work.  

Cheers, it works. Unfortunately the ghosting in MSFS is still a bit too much for me so I'm back to vanilla DX12, but I can put up with it for path tracing in Cyberpunk😍

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Will using FGen shorten the life of certain hardware, for instance, obviously, the GPU?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

22 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

It could be that you actually have some AIG models installed,

some of these AIG aircraft definitely have the ugly square lights that you describe,

I had to uninstall them,

the FSLTL models do not have this problem…

Unless Asobo fixed the lights in SU14, I remember seeing ugly square aircraft lights before. Since I don't use AIG AI planes anymore, I can't tell. I will try to only use default AI traffic and see if the problem still exists.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, History said:

Will using FGen shorten the life of certain hardware, for instance, obviously, the GPU?

Not at all. It’s just software. 

1 hour ago, mryan75 said:

Doesn't it push the Vram in the GPU? While it produces more heat, the concern lies in the longevity of certain hardware. Some of the crashes or at least jitters in panning indicates its heavy task

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

3 hours ago, mryan75 said:

Sure? Bad programmed software bringing your hardware permanently to the limits can shorten its lifetime. Not saying that this is the case with the FG hack.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

17 hours ago, wiler said:

It wont matter, they will force you to run the newer drivers or the game won't run, watch

You get that message already when using older drivers. I'm (still) on 516.94 and with each update i get a message that the drivers are too old and that they give performance issues for the latest version.
But it still works flawless (except for this frame generation mod, which requires a newer driver higher then 53x.xx).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

What about actual AMD graphic cards ? Can they also run FSR3 on Flightsim without a mod ?

My temps are no different with or without the mod

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

15 hours ago, petejohno1 said:

It's tricky. If it's the store version have a look for your Xbox folder. Mine was on my D drive. If you can't find it here go to your Xbox app right click on the game and there's a folder there - can't remember just now- and in that it will give you a sub folder "files'. Put the files in there . Just put it in the folder where your flight simulator.exe resides. Not in the exe.

Edited 14 hours ago by petejohno1

typed in the windows search and found my Flight simulator.exe and then tried to copy the files over but get that the disk is write protected.

Is anyone successfully using TAA with this frame gen mod ? I went down to one frame an hour with TAA enabled, but I see that some people are using it.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

18 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Is anyone successfully using TAA with this frame gen mod ? I went down to one frame an hour with TAA enabled, but I see that some people are using it.

Yes, I have been using TAA with the mod since I posted this thread with no issues.

3 hours ago, El Diablito said:

My temps are no different with or without the mod

Well, if you don't use the mod you can disable nVidia Reflex and the temp goes down significantly... 

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png