Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bønny96 said:

just looking for some good "set and forget" settings really.

then take those the mod comes with. that's what I did. all fine. and then you may want to continue the LOD topic at this thread to not derail the FG topic here:

 

 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give the universal d/l a try since tinkering with the registry scares me. Is there an easy guide to installing the universal version? There seems to be more files and I'm not sure what's what.

 

Thx in advance

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got it to work with my RTX2080TI and the latest drivers (546.33).

I'm using the latest version of the mod (0.9 universal).

It stutters a little bit but going from 30-35 fps to 60 fps (locked) makes an enormous difference.

3440 x 1440 60 fps (DLSS Quality)

 

Edited by BadKarmaPT
  • Like 3

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BadKarmaPT said:

I finally got it to work with my RTX2080TI and the latest drivers (546.33).

I'm using the latest version of the mod (0.9 universal).

It stutters a little bit but going from 30-35 fps to 60 fps (locked) makes an enormous difference.

3440 x 1440 60 fps (DLSS Quality)

 

Make sure Vsync on. Also, when I had stutters, go to graphic settings and make any alteration and go back. You could always undo the alteration. The idea is to "refresh" the sim. I might be wrong but it worked for me (especially in the second flight after a smooth first flight using the mod).


Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I'm going to give the universal d/l a try since tinkering with the registry scares me. Is there an easy guide to installing the universal version? There seems to be more files and I'm not sure what's what.

Thx in advance

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but just as an FYI.

The registry changes are "non intrusive". By that, I mean that the that changes it makes do not modify anything that already exist. It creates 2 brand new sub keys that did not previously exist when you install it. When you remove it, it simply deletes those 2 new keys. It doesn't get close to anything critical to the proper operation of your OS, or your simulator.

 

  • Upvote 1

 i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but just as an FYI.

The registry changes are "non intrusive". By that, I mean that the that changes it makes do not modify anything that already exist. It creates 2 brand new sub keys that did not previously exist when you install it. When you remove it, it simply deletes those 2 new keys. It doesn't get close to anything critical to the proper operation of your OS, or your simulator.

 

Ah ok, good to hear. I'll plow on with the normal setup as it was a breeze last time. Thank you.


B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while since I explored this thread and just checking to see if the severe ghosting I was getting w/ 2D windows during zooming was ever fixed in subsequent releases of this mod, if there have been any.

Cheers


Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed my issues started when I loaded into the Horizon 789. The PMDG and FBW had zero issues. Has anyone else noticed that trend?

Flashing in the cockpit, extreme stuttering, it looks very unstable.


B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bønny96 said:

Would you mind sharing your settings for the Dynamic LOD? I understood the concept, but just looking for some good "set and forget" settings really.

The DynamicLOD is basically load and run.  The only things I changed were the altitude/LOD settings lower left of the window.  I have...

0-1000ft LOD 100
1000-2000ft LOD 200
2000ft upwards LOD 400

  • Like 1

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG   Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000
RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz   Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

I noticed my issues started when I loaded into the Horizon 789. The PMDG and FBW had zero issues. Has anyone else noticed that trend?

Flashing in the cockpit, extreme stuttering, it looks very unstable.

I have extreme stuttering with the last dev FBW A320 (I needed to lower the instruments refresh in general options), it's ok with the DC-6 and the Fenix A320.


Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

I have extreme stuttering with the last dev FBW A320 (I needed to lower the instruments refresh in general options), it's ok with the DC-6 and the Fenix A320.

I was having some stuttering issues but installed the Auto LOD widget for FlowPro. That made all the difference in the world. With the frame gen mod, my frame rates are effectively doubled.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, History said:

Make sure Vsync on. Also, when I had stutters, go to graphic settings and make any alteration and go back. You could always undo the alteration. The idea is to "refresh" the sim. I might be wrong but it worked for me (especially in the second flight after a smooth first flight using the mod).

I have Vsync off in MSFS and on in NVIDIA Control Panel.

The settings change trick didn't work on my system.


Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's been a while since I explored this thread and just checking to see if the severe ghosting I was getting w/ 2D windows during zooming was ever fixed in subsequent releases of this mod, if there have been any.

Cheers

It just stopped for me.  no idea what i did.  but i get smooth frames and no ghosting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FlierHawk said:

It just stopped for me.  no idea what i did.  but i get smooth frames and no ghosting. 

Hmm, that sounds hopeful I guess it's time to try it again.  Do you recall when it stopped ghosting, as in how many days ago or what have you?  Can you convey your settings on these options:

  • HAGS on or off? 
  • Vsync to what refresh rate if using Vsync?
  • Any other frame limiters employed?
  • Gsync (if you have it) enabled?
  • DX11 or DX12?
  • TAA or DLSS?

Finally, where can I find the current version?  

Thanks ;o)

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Noel said:

 

  • HAGS on or off?  ON
  • Vsync to what refresh rate if using Vsync?  VSYNC OFF IN MSFS. (VSYNC "ON" IN NVIDIA CP IS NOT MANDATORY)
  • Any other frame limiters employed? NOPE
  • Gsync (if you have it) enabled?  DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE
  • DX11 or DX12? DX 12 ONLY
  • TAA or DLSS? DEPENDS ON YOUR RIG.

 

And here is the latest version, Noel:
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...