MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

And here is the latest version, Noel:
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files

Awesome thank you David

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

How to uninstall previous versions please? 

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

It's as it was with the original version--zooming/panning causes severe ghosting of 2D windows.  That isn't quite a show stopper for me because I can keep the square area of 2D pretty small.  But, there is a slight flicker for lack of a better word when I pan left and say look at the ground during takeoff, that isn't there w/o this app.  Panning isn't materially better than what I already, so no use for it at this point.

DynamicLOD has been a nice help, especially by freeing up VRAM in scenarios where it approaches my 12Gb.

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Quite some time still until I will be able to test this mod, but I am wondering if it is at all useful if you have a 60hz monitor with no form of G/F-Sync capabilities? Anyone with a monitor like that who have tested this mod with success? Monitor will be upgraded, but for the time being it will be used for some time still.

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Bønny96 said:

Quite some time still until I will be able to test this mod, but I am wondering if it is at all useful if you have a 60hz monitor with no form of G/F-Sync capabilities? Anyone with a monitor like that who have tested this mod with success?

I do. My monitor is max 60hz, I set MSFS at 30fps (via NCP) and the Frame Generation mod with my 3080 makes it 60 fps.

PS: my only drawback is that my GPU's fans are too much noisy is this configuration.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, Bønny96 said:

Quite some time still until I will be able to test this mod, but I am wondering if it is at all useful if you have a 60hz monitor with no form of G/F-Sync capabilities? Anyone with a monitor like that who have tested this mod with success? Monitor will be upgraded, but for the time being it will be used for some time still.

It is useful regardless, because you can keep power and heat low by generating only 30 fps and getting 60.

Even my 7800X3D cannot always deliver 60 fps, so in many situations you would have 40-50 fps instead of 60 at the price (power and heat) of 30!

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Thanks to both of you, sounds promising. Forgot to mention that the system will consist of the 7800X3D, 32GB DDR5-6000 and in the beginning a RTX2080Ti ROG Strix 11GB since the budget pretty much is reached with the other upgrades, but hopefully the RTX2080Ti, FG, 30FPS locked will do well enough. With vsync off in the sim and on i NVP will it then feel like 60 frames with vsync if I understand correctly? I am just hoping that the RTX2080Ti that I have will work well with FG since I get a feeling that it is somewhat hit and miss for those with the 2000 series and the mod is more suitable for the 3000 series cards.

• Like 1

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

50 minutes ago, Bønny96 said:

With vsync off in the sim and on i NVP will it then feel like 60 frames with vsync if I understand correctly?

Yes, the difference in smoothness is evident even with my 3090.

Enjoy!

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

I do. My monitor is max 60hz, I set MSFS at 30fps (via NCP) and the Frame Generation mod with my 3080 makes it 60 fps.

PS: my only drawback is that my GPU's fans are too much noisy is this configuration.

Weirdly if I set my frame rate limit within NCP then to 50 then within the sim it shows 25 fps using Shift Z mod. I appreciate this or developer mode shows the true frame rate but if I followed what you said and set my frame rate in NCP to 30 then would my sim not drop to 15 fps?

My final frame generated performance appears to equal what I lock it to in NCP not double it. It's certainly not running at the sims reported 25 fps

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

34 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Wait. One needs to lock the frames (at 30 for example) for this mod to do its thing? Sorry if this was answered many times, I'm a bit late to this party.

Hello Tomaz, no need to lock the frame, actually.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It is useful regardless, because you can keep power and heat low by generating only 30 fps and getting 60.

Even my 7800X3D cannot always deliver 60 fps, so in many situations you would have 40-50 fps instead of 60 at the price (power and heat) of 30!

Question, apologize if it was answered, my monitor is Gsync-compatible (not gsync) with refresh rate of 164hz. Now normally I set the max refresh rate in windows display setting because of mouse ghosting. What would be then the recommended settings in terms of refresh rate for MSFS? (The refresh rate on Windows settings, should stay max) 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Question, apologize if it was answered, my monitor is Gsync-compatible (not gsync) with refresh rate of 164hz. Now normally I set the max refresh rate in windows display setting because of mouse ghosting. What would be then the recommended settings in terms of refresh rate for MSFS? (The refresh rate on Windows settings, should stay max) 

With a GSync compatible monitor you can use the default refresh rate. It should be able to run at 60 Hz once in MSFS with a 60 fps limiter.

If not, switch to 60 Hz before (or even after) starting the sim.

• Like 1

I must have been missed something. What does it mean by DLSSTweak version. Is it for those who turn the DLSS on?I  am using the universal version and keeping the DLSS on.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

With a GSync compatible monitor you can use the default refresh rate. It should be able to run at 60 Hz once in MSFS with a 60 fps limiter.

If not, switch to 60 Hz before (or even after) starting the sim.

Thanks for the answer. Default I presume the refresh rate of 60hz? And I think I should enable vsync in Nvidia settings? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super