Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

iniBuilds A350

9 hours ago, Peterwk said:

"expert discussion"

It's just a plane, don't be so touchy.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I think it is interesting that IB intends to implement OANS since (IIRC) FBW have said that it's not possible due sim limitations or something like that..

On 12/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ricardo41 said:

As far as I'm concerned: until it's in the hand of simmers, to me, it's just vapor ware. 

Lots of talk talk talk. 

True, except that this company is IniBuilds which have a solid and reliable reputation.

Unlike other Devs such as FSLabs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BuboBubo said:

I think it is interesting that IB intends to implement OANS since (IIRC) FBW have said that it's not possible due sim limitations or something like that..

The FBW A380 will be getting OANS, as will the A320N in the future, but it will require a navigraph charts subscription for the ground maps. They're sharing code with the Synaptic A220 team IIRC

I believe the LatinVFR A330 has OANS and so will their A340, also requiring a Navigraph Charts subscription.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The FBW A380 will be getting OANS, as will the A320N in the future, but it will require a navigraph charts subscription for the ground maps. They're sharing code with the Synaptic A220 team IIRC

I believe the LatinVFR A330 has OANS and so will their A340, also requiring a Navigraph Charts subscription.

yeah, now that you mention it I do remember the part about Navigraph.

On 12/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, lwt1971 said:

2024 is going to be a banner year for widebody long-haulers for MSFS with ini A350, ini A380, PMDG 777, and FBW A380. Along with MSFS 2024 to fly those on, I can't wait!. Not to mention this is a first for flight simulation with the A350 and A380 of considerable fidelity finally entering the scene (I'm assuming ini will at least strive to reach fidelity levels to their A300/etc and FBW also surely will aim high too).

Don't forget the Bluebird Simulations B757 and B767's currently in W.I.P. 

PMDG also said hinted at the MAX and B744 following soon after the B777 family.

I forgot who but someone is also finally bringing us the A340 series too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Leon Jackson

1 hour ago, Coolieboy said:

Oh really, didn't know about the A340. Wonder what FSL will release as their first bird for MSFS (if it happens in 2024 😀).. hopefully the A330 or Concorde rather than a A32x.

In any case, ini have said to look at the fidelity of their A300 to get an idea of how deeply simulated their A350 and A380 will be, and so far by that standard things look very promising for the ini A350/A380.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 12/28/2023 at 9:39 PM, Coolieboy said:

LatinVFR

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

LatinVFR

Unfortunately, as it'll be of very very low quality... Oh well.

Also not a fan of ultra-modern airliners unless i'm boarding one, but the A350 is by far the most beautiful flying thing out there so it might be great to have it in MSFS. IniBuilds seems to be capable of producing a high quality airplane (systems-wise), so i have high hopes.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Some on discord were asking about the "Starting A350 development.." bit on this update and ini clarified that's more from this specific team's perspective, and overall they've been working on the A350 for a while now.

ini_0016948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?siToday at 06:31

rather than speculation… we have been working on the A350 for a sometime now…

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I'm probably in the minority here, and I only speak for myself, but I am completely uninterested in these "progress reports". I really don't need to see selfies of the team, or reports that you are now in stage 3.56 of the development process, etc. 

Release it, patch it, patch it some more. Done. 

Oh, the A350 is based on the simulator, not the real a350 one?

is this common practice for simulated airplanes to be based on other simulators?

5 minutes ago, Merawen said:

Oh, the A350 is based on the simulator, not the real a350 one?

is this common practice for simulated airplanes to be based on other simulators?

That's an actual Airbus simulator which I assume would be pretty close to the real thing.

They also have A350 pilots on the team (or at the very least access to real 350 pilots), so that's not their only source of information.

Edited by Tuskin38