Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

iniBuilds A350

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

How am I miss reading the image? It says the 380 project is for Microsoft. 

UFAKkB8.png

MS keeps new product announcements in-house, so by the virtue that you're hearing about it from Ini means it's being developed for external sale.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Anyways, I'm rooting for them.  If they turn out be good, this will be a really big deal for the sim as far as payware airliners is concerned.

Agreed! Btw, in re-reading their announcements they only speak of 2024 release plans for the A350, and that the A380 will release afterwards with "no timeline planned at this time". So hopefully that means they're not overloading themselves 🙂 (https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/20327-inibuilds-development-roadmap-for-2024-secret-project-reveal/)

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Agreed! Btw, in re-reading their announcements they only speak of 2024 release plans for the A350, and that the A380 will release afterwards with "no timeline planned at this time". So hopefully that means they're not overloading themselves 🙂 (https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/20327-inibuilds-development-roadmap-for-2024-secret-project-reveal/)

Yeah, saw that. I just hope this isn't another LVFR slash Aerosoft type mid level aircraft.  Not slamming them by any means but would be nice to have some more advanced avioncs like the 350 and 380 have.  Failures aren't a big deal for me.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Will this be the A350 XWB? If so, oh my! I've been waiting for a really good one! I remember buying the one for X-Plane back in the day and that was a real piece of word not allowed, it never even got updated and a huge disappointment! I hope inibuilds won't let us down with this one.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I know a recently retired A350 Training Captain who knows the A350 very well, but also the full motion simulators they're using. 
I think I'll mention to him that Inibuilds are looking for people like that. 

• Like 4

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

iniBuilds have been answering a lot of good questions on their discord.. here are my notes. Also interesting insights into non-A350 stuff (i.e. MSFS's CFD flight model tech vs external flight model, early access to MSFS 2024, etc)

ini: When you guys see the quality of the A300, you’ll be able to picture what we can do with A380 and A350

Q: Is this expected to be high fidelity/study-level? Are you consulting real A350 pilots and documentation? Worried seeing as how new the A350 is. It is unusual for devs to commit to new aircraft due to a lack of experienced crew and documentation that they can consult.
ini: Yes ... There is plenty of documentation and plenty of inibuilds team members who are rated on type

Q: Have you guys thought of running the planes outside the sim?
ini: Yeah but no need as far as we're concerned
Q: and external flight models?
ini: Oh that we've not even considered, the CFD tools in MSFS are capable of making excellent flight models

Q: Is the A350 the primary focus right now or is there going to be a 4 year gap between reveal and a chance of release like the A380 lol
ini: It will be soon

Q: so is the a380 completely on hold for a while then? because i thought some of the systems were "alive" so to speak in it already
ini: A380 is probably closer to the completed stage than A350. But both still very very early builds

Q: Question for a dev: Was there something specific with the A380 model that you’s weren’t liking, resulting in a complete remodel?
ini: Just didn't meet our current standards, and it would've been as much if not more work to tweak it than to just bin it and start again

Q: What type of system depth is the a350 aiming for?
ini: high ... Study level is not a term I use for anything as it means different things to different people. It will be a true to life simulation of the A350

Q: will the a350 have OANS and BTV? ... will the airport moving map and BTV be avalible in the a350
ini: Yes

Q: will the A350-1000 have detailed cabin interior like DFD a350?
ini: Yes full ... You can check out the cabin of the A300 when the NDA lifts to get an idea ... we are actually planning to have custom cabins.. per livery. If we can pull it off

Q: can you tell us how long has the plane been in development already?
ini: few months ... different teams work on different things

Q: is there any reason why this was announced for release in 2024. with many projects that start from scratch it often takes over a year to complete, and especially with the 350, it seems like a daunting task. are you confident in this projected timeline?
ini: Yes

Q: Idk if you can say but do you guys have access to fs2024 so y’all can use the upgraded dynamics/features and make it the best as possible or focus on 2020 and than upgrade as necessary?
ini: Any access/details we have to MSFS 2024 would be under NDA

Q: will the A350 be as detailed as the A310?
ini: It'll be beyond it I would say, significantly so

Q: Do you guys have any assistance from Airbus when making those paywares??? Cuz I know they need to be licensed...
ini: Any assistance we may or may not have the details would likely be under NDA

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 20

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

4 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Q: can you tell us how long has the plane been in development already?
ini: few months ... different teams work on different things

That answer alone just seems too good to be true...lol.  I mean just the OIS alone could almost be a sim in itself.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Another Airbus?  I didn't see it coming!

lol...  

On the bright side, it is a new model which seems pretty cool.  Maybe this will be the year I fully learn Airbus systems 🙂

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, guibru said:

I’m afraid, unfortunately, that it’s a very basic A350, not expecting to have very advanced systems. It’s better than nothing but good...

Oh, so you’ve seen the final product? Because clearly you’ve stated something as fact in how you worded this. Or are you just mashing on the keyboard just plum full of hubris?

• Like 1

Eric 

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

ini A350 will be my number 1 go to long haul plane. The PMDG 777 may not even be purchased at this point as I throughly enjoy the Airbus style cockpit. Will enjoy the ini A300-600R doing cargo ops in the meantime. 

So are you going to change your username?  😉

• Like 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Another Airbus?  I didn't see it coming!

lol...  

On the bright side, it is a new model which seems pretty cool.  Maybe this will be the year I fully learn Airbus systems 🙂

At least this one (and the A380) doesn't have the same general cockpit and displays as the A320 and A330 families lol

Edited by Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

So are you going to change your username?  😉

lol, no, you’re the second person that has asked that 🤣. I have had that username for something like 25 years now that I’ve been into flightsim. So I’ll keep it for that reason alone. 

• Like 5

Eric 

Intersting. iniBuilds will really have to shine here. RSR at PMDG wants to do one of these. We'll just have to see..

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Will this be the A350 XWB? If so, oh my! I've been waiting for a really good one! I remember buying the one for X-Plane back in the day and that was a real piece of word not allowed, it never even got updated and a huge disappointment! I hope inibuilds won't let us down with this one.

Yup per their forum post and subsequent posts on discord it's the A350 XWB, and both the -900 and -1000 variants will be in the single initial package.

Len