Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

11 hours ago, JYW said:

I'm a sound sorta guy and something like this would absolutely prevent me from enjoying this bird (regardless of it's low cost or other positive featues and functions).

I am as well and to be honest, they are not that terrible where you should not buy it.  I think they have good sound recordings but they just need to be mixed/balanced a bit better.  Also, adjusting the sounds in the EFB helps a lot and I am not sure if the Youtube people messed with them at all.  What I have done is to have all my MSFS sounds sliders set to 100%.  In the EFB, I set the Master volume to 100%, Engine sounds to around 60%, System sounds to 75% and Environment sounds to 100%(this one gives you the wind noise).  I also have FS Realistic and added additional subtle windscreen noise and ground roll sounds.  The engine noise fades out nicely as you get above 10k and the wind noises will start to increase.  

I think a lot of the feedback has been about how quiet it is at cruise and I think it is because of that Environment slider needing to be much higher and the System slider a bit higher for the avionic sounds. You shouldn't hear the Engines sounds at cruise so they got that part right. I think the Environment slider near 100% should be their default 'middle' setting in the EFB.

I do hope they improve the sounds in further updates but this setup is making it a very enjoyable aircraft for the time being.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 6

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

21 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I am as well and to be honest, they are not that terrible where you should not buy it.  I think they have good sound recordings but they just need to be mixed/balanced a bit better.  Also, adjusting the sounds in the EFB helps a lot and I am not sure if the Youtube people messed with them at all.  What I have done is to have all my MSFS sounds sliders set to 100%.  In the EFB, I set the Master volume to 100%, Engine sounds to around 60%, System sounds to 75% and Environment sounds to 100%(this one gives you the wind noise).  I also have FS Realistic and added additional subtle windscreen noise and ground roll sounds.  The engine noise fades out nicely as you get above 10k and the wind noises will start to increase.  

I think a lot of the feedback has been about how quiet it is at cruise and I think it is because of that Environment slider needing to be at 100% and the System slider a bit higher for the avionic sounds. You shouldn't hear the Engines sounds at cruise so they got that part right. I think the Environment slider near 100% should be the default 'middle' setting.

I do hope they improve the sounds in further updates but this setup is making it a very enjoyable aircraft for the time being.

Hey Eric,

Great post.  I didn't know the A300 had sound sliders in the EFB.  In the videos I watched, they never mentioned it, so I'm guessing they hadn't tweaked it. It sounds good that you can adjust both system and environmental sounds.

Thanks for the info - I might just pick the plane up this weekend.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

30 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Because it’s NOT a “study level “ airplane, as you put it.

It’s a mid-tier at best and im not sure that they ever claimed otherwise.

They did not, to their credit. This said, I think they have developed a solid, high-fidelity aircraft that, just like every other aircraft at this level, will need refinement, which if I understood they plan to support over the coming months. Some of these issues are user based, like looking for speed constraints on an aircraft without full vnav or not knowing how to adjust altitude by 100s. Some issues seem to need adjustments to the FDE and to the sound coordination.

I am happy they did not use the unhelpful and confusing "study level" moniker introduced by Froogle back in the day. Does it mean if there is not a manual in excess of 150 pages there is nothing to "study" and so it is not study level? If it means an almost perfect replica of the real aircraft, well then we really don't have any such airliners. The engine model and fuel consumption in the Fenix was wrong since it launched and nearly 2 years later they are still working to correct this. It has also had a lot of adjustments to its FDE. The PMDG birds suffer from poorly implemented LNAV. On both you can push up the engines to maximums power and let them sit there for 6 or 7 hours as the fuel runs out and those powerplants will be as good as new -- exceptionally unrealistic. So, outside of a few efforts in the GA realm nothing approaches that kind of fidelity.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

I have not followed every discussion about Ini's A300 but afaik the A310 cockpit is the same, so isn't the only new thing basically a stretched fuselage in the exterieur model?

Or, can somebody summarize the changes in the cockpit between the default A310 and the new A300?

44 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

do hope they improve the sounds in further updates but this setup is making it a very enjoyable aircraft for the time being.

Thanks, these settings do make quite a nice difference 👍

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Huh? The real A300 has no proper vnav climb AFAIK. It will happily blow through alt. Constraints. The same with the A310.

Instead, guard constraints using FCU altitude window.

Good to know. That is what it should tell in the manual. Even if it is not a real "study level"  plane [@ha5mvo]

• Like 2

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

2. Huh? You never import SIDs or STARs, on no airplane. You import the route and then manually add a departure in the FMC, which then will have the appropriate constraints.

3. Move your mouse to the upper end of the selector, until it becomes an upwards arrow. Then hold it (left mouse button) and use the mouse wheel. Now it will go in 100ft increments.

Good to know. I made a route in Simbrief, imported it, and apparently it already also contained SIDs and STARs. Not very familiar with  this procedure, I did not use SImbrief a lot until now.

Will try the mouse tip! Thanks!

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Just now, Rene_Feijen said:

Good to know. I made a route in Simbrief, imported it, and apparently it already also contained SIDs and STARs. Not very familiar with  this procedure, I did not use SImbrief a lot until now.

It might contain the first/last waypoint of the SID/STAR, but not the whole SID/STAR. Already did this 2 times in the A300 and it was just like with every other aircraft, import only imports the route.

3 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Good to know. That is what it should tell in the manual. Even if it is not a real "study level"  plane [@ha5mvo]

I do have to agree that their manual was quite weak and should have been more robust. You cannot get everything from a video series.

Yes, you have to add the SID and STAR manually.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It might contain the first/last waypoint of the SID/STAR, but not the whole SID/STAR. Already did this 2 times in the A300 and it was just like with every other aircraft, import only imports the route.

I will look to it closer then, thanks.

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

They did not, to their credit. This said, I think they have developed a solid, high-fidelity aircraft that, just like every other aircraft at this level, will need refinement, which if I understood they plan to support over the coming months. Some of these issues are user based, like looking for speed constraints on an aircraft without full vnav or not knowing how to adjust altitude by 100s. Some issues seem to need adjustments to the FDE and to the sound coordination.

I am happy they did not use the unhelpful and confusing "study level" moniker introduced by Froogle back in the day. Does it mean if there is not a manual in excess of 150 pages there is nothing to "study" and so it is not study level? If it means an almost perfect replica of the real aircraft, well then we really don't have any such airliners. The engine model and fuel consumption in the Fenix was wrong since it launched and nearly 2 years later they are still working to correct this. It has also had a lot of adjustments to its FDE. The PMDG birds suffer from poorly implemented LNAV. On both you can push up the engines to maximums power and let them sit there for 6 or 7 hours as the fuel runs out and those powerplants will be as good as new -- exceptionally unrealistic. So, outside of a few efforts in the GA realm nothing approaches that kind of fidelity.

Of course I know this is not a professional grade plane- that is not what MSFS2020 is meant for. I would say that within the MSFS spectrum of planes this is more on the study level side than the very basic side. But a more extensive manual as far as procedures, workflows, and limitations are concerned that are in fact modelled or possible in this plane would be nice. How am I supposed to know things that are in the plane or not, for example that climbing VNAV has no constraints on this type of plane? Or how the ALT knob works in this particular plane (on other planes 100's are selected different, at least I did not have this "problem" aka gap-in-my-knowledge before.) I am very willing to admit I dont know everything, but then I should be able to learn what to do... that is what a manual or tutorial for. Or you guys on this forum, or Discord channels. 

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fsiscool said:

I have not followed every discussion about Ini's A300 but afaik the A310 cockpit is the same, so isn't the only new thing basically a stretched fuselage in the exterieur model?

Or, can somebody summarize the changes in the cockpit between the default A310 and the new A300?

AFAIK they remodelled everything. 

How are fps with this compared to a310 (which I found a bit hard on frames)?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

2 minutes ago, Purr said:

How are fps with this compared to a310 (which I found a bit hard on frames)?

Very easy on FPS. Stable 60 here. But i have no comparison to the 310.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Very easy on FPS. Stable 60 here. But i have no comparison to the 310.

For me stuttery at times in VR, Varjo Aero high PPD.  Manageble.