Sign in to follow this  
MikeyOnTheFlightDeck

Connection Lost alerts - it's constant!

Anyone else getting constant alerts and then 'successfully connected' again quickly afterwards?  It's kind of ruining the realism for me, so just wondered if there is anything I can do about it?  Thanks.

• Like 1

I have had several messages like that recently. I had assumed that it was my own connection that was the source of the problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have had several messages like that recently. I had assumed that it was my own connection that was the source of the problem.

I think it's Microsoft server side related, but it's gotten much worse recently.

5 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I think it's Microsoft server side related, but it's gotten much worse recently.

17 minutes ago, EGLD said:

same 😒

on-going for a couple of weeks now

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It's the school holidays.  More traffic than normal on servers that cant handle it.

I said before they fix the servers tomorrow if they wanted but they have to spend a ton of money , which they don't want to do.  

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Anyone else getting constant alerts and then 'successfully connected' again quickly afterwards?  It's kind of ruining the realism for me, so just wondered if there is anything I can do about it?  Thanks.

Yes.  It comes and goes at random between sessions.  I don't know what we can do about it.  It has been reported to MS / Asobo before.  

They recognised the issue but I am not sure what they have done about it.  Communication on their own forums, and even the official Twitch sessions isn't always clear.

They also said they would look at moving the pop-up messages to somewhere less obtrusive, but hey!  Like the tiles issue, and the spinning white circle (which has regressed), I am beginning to lose faith and lose trust in what they say.
It's a shame, as the rest of the community for this sim (including payware and freeware developers) is superb.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I believe that MS have servers in different countries, so maybe if you use a decent VPN you can fool MS into thinking you are in a country where the servers are not so heavily loaded.  In the UK, I use South Korea or Japan as they are all asleep when I am simming and not clogging the servers (Don't try Australia as their internet speeds are generally pretty awful for some reason).

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

8 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I believe that MS have servers in different countries, so maybe if you use a decent VPN you can fool MS into thinking you are in a country where the servers are not so heavily loaded.  In the UK, I use South Korea or Japan as they are all asleep when I am simming and not clogging the servers (Don't try Australia as their internet speeds are generally pretty awful for some reason).

I actually have NordVPN but have never really used it after the initial testing of it.  I might do as you suggest and see how that works out.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

34 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Interesting feedback, thank you.  I’ll try my luck using a VPN. 

Good luck.. as stated above.. it is just the MS servers that cannot handle the load.

Heaven only knows what MS2024 will bring us in that regard 😐

• Like 2

Bert

So why fly on Bing?  The Google map mod has both free and pay options and just works.  

Posted (edited)

I am (apparently) supposed to run the Map Enhancement mod as administrator, select a map server, and then press START. Apparently, I can then load MSFS and it will use the aerial images from the selected server. However, that does not appear to be working on my PC. I have tried with Google Maps and Bing (Latest), but I am still seeing exactly the same lime green garbage textures and other issues on the Isle of Man, and the scenery looks like the normal Bing images. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Oh, and those Connection Lost alerts appear to be happening more frequently :dry:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png