Sign in to follow this  
Rune-ENHD

Aftermath of a Failed Hi-spec PC MSFS build?What went wrong?

Posted (edited)

I guess it’s a moot point if he’s already decided to return it within an hour of this post, but I’ll echo what others have said in that this computer should really outperform any Xbox by a significant margin, he really has the best of the best for hardware.  Something isn’t set up quite right…whether it’s in Windows, bios etc.  I’m curious what PSU the computer had.

There’s a lot of knowledgeable people here that could probably help if he’s interested…but to each their own.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

he needs to first figure out if its a problem with msfs or a problem with the computer.   Have him run some graphics benchmarks and see if the results are close to what should be expected.  cpu and gpu temps need to be verified.  if he gets results that are expected, then the computer should be fine and now start looking at msfs intall/settings to be an issue.  reinstall msfs using all

Yes He did! it performed well according to 3DMARK spec.. ! So it probably rules out hardware?? 🤔

No...  Norway is faaaar away from JetLine systems 😂 in Florida USA!! it's accross the pond in the Scandinavia, (in the North)😲😛

Everything bought abroad suffers heavily from Goverment TAX of 25% shipping is also really bad...

Aaaand if that was not bad enough... IF shipping is high *anything above 30dollars* combined gets HIT by 25% TAX *so heavy and expensive items* sent by express is first hit by 25% then the the tax also hits you 25% on the expensive and heavy shippment.. 😲😲😱

Posted (edited)

He said, *the only thing thing that helped* was turning down LOD below 100 ... 😲 **and was NOT acceptable** for such a 6000dollar build computer!!

Btw **Power supply** is Corsair RME 1000watt cpu.. 

I Have received some more specs from him..

but ..Ya I agree!! regis9

it's a lost case 😬 right now 

BTW it was only yesterday night I learned he had bought this PC build, 😲

and it is more than an hour after purchasing the build, but the post is just an hour old I agree, it was just a last minute effort before TOO LATE..thats all

It was My initiative actually 😳

He is quite fed up with MSFS right now he says.. 😟😖

I Really understand him.. why he gives up now!!!

*he gave it all he had* trying to save the expensive purchace he had done.. 

he errorseeked *til the cows came home* but time was not on his side, in the end.. so he decided to send back computer..

-----------------------

Case closed.. 😔🫤🙁

Thanks to those who tried to help.. 👍 I appreciate it.

I'm out...

Edited by Rune-ENHD

This is a bizarre and sad and unnecessary story.  I'd have looked first at chipset and GPU drivers, reinstall them, etc.  The hardware is as good as it gets, not tricky to set up either.  Anyone with any kind of experience in basics could have addressed this w/o much ado.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

This is a bizarre and sad and unnecessary story.  I'd have looked first at chipset and GPU drivers, reinstall them, etc.  The hardware is as good as it gets, not tricky to set up either.  Anyone with any kind of experience in basics could have addressed this w/o much ado.

*As this is a PC Gaming hardware-store prebuilt PC*(ie like for instance Newegg)

I guess you dont want to mess to heavily with it! if you want to have a chance to return it.. and get back money 🫤

or you *could risk(if you are unlucky)* bricking/the Bios/hardware.. 😵💫😲

This sorta reminds me of a guy that goes out and buys a $75,000 tournament bass fishing boat and then gets mad because the fish won't just jump into the boat for him...

The PC was not "built for flightsimming"--it was (at least theoretically) built for gaming.  Might well be that Red Dead Redemption II will run just fine on it out of the box, but not SimZilla.

I'd start with the usual diagnostic runs--MemTest 86+, a stress test like Prime95, etc. Maybe try a few different video drivers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

AMD 7800 Cpu needs to be configured and set up properly in Win-11 for gaming, so does 4090 to work with FG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)

Komplett-PC a280 Epic Gaming 

https://www.komplett.no/product/1219395/gaming/gaming-pc/gaming-pc-stasjonaer/komplett-pc-a280-epic-gaming-rgb?channable=0080816964003132313933393550&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkeSsBhDUARIsAK3tiedWwX8vw3JbmftFCw2wm6cmdWV3qJHAaPim7SWvOr44odDOuIEfg3oaAujTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Click the *konfigruasjon* dropdown for the webside link for complete spec of computer..

But the WAS delivered with these specs *instead* replaced.. link is wrong config..

*CPU AMD 7800X3D and 

Asus TUF 4090 OC

Case Phantec Eclipse Midtower

Thats all I can provide of further info.. 

But It's too late now I guess...

🫤🫤 🙄😳😳

Edited by Rune-ENHD

1 hour ago, Bob Scott said:

The PC was not "built for flightsimming"--it was (at least theoretically) built for gaming.

Because ...? What particular details about the system leads you to that conclusion?

Posted (edited)

Guys **UPDATED** my friend *HAS changed his opinion* of returing PC IF we can help him get his build "good" like it should be?? 😃

White flag🏳️🏳️ PLEASE HELP... ?? 

Thanks soo much in advance..

Had a looong conversation with my good Friend just now on phone, He regrets his choise of asking for return.. and kind of wants to keep it, but he also was so disapointed about performance of xbox-x vs PC

We decided that we migth try mine and his computer at the same time and change a few 60hz monitors whithout VRR/Freesync support..

He recons he has til Wednesday to return the computer he bought PC and recieved it the  28th. Desember 2023 ...

My Oled C1 TV has 4k and 120hz has all theese important new gaming-features onboard .. from factory

I have a sneaky susspicion that there is a related refresh-rate trouble here/issues.. 🤔 especially since he don't have no VRR no Freesync and no G-sync in 4k Resolution.. TV is Oled LG B8 series.. *with only Gamemode 1080p 120hz*

it is a 4K 60hz TV "without that gamemode"

----

Also the first thing he said he can't get Vsync to work with Frame-gen, he can't lock it nomatter if he use an external NVIDIA Control-panel or sim-settings

** he tweaked for 20hours straight every day for 4-days in row** 😵💫 at the just recent christmas-vacation,

He told me when I called the phone this evening, that he tested XBOX-X again TODAY at inibuilds(Bergen(ENBR) again on Xbox-x, and it had some strange issues.. a lot of chop and tearing at runway takeoff if he use PMDG and payware for Bergen Airport Norway.

The strange issue is XBOX-X:

PMDG-737 Inibuilds ENBR at gate rubbish stuttery panning mess inside cockpit on  ON takeoff /on Runway SMOOOTH as silk

Same situation ON THE PC:

it is the **completly opposite**

*on PC* smoooth at terminal gate stands and absolutely horrible On the runway-takeoff runway-arrival *massive tearing and frame chops* .. when airport in vicinity drastically bad performance.. 😱😱

he tested the PC Build to ONLY be smooth *IF he ran a LOD of 90-50* thats waaay worse than Xbox-x...

far away from any payware airport or any  *or any small rural building areas*  he recons he could 400+ on LOD and still be smooth

*he is desperate* to make it work!! 🙁🙁😲😱 He really don't want send it back.. He just wants it TO *WORK CORRECTLY* for the amount of cash he payed for his dear rig..

Best regards RuneENHD

Edited by Rune-ENHD
"Update" to the current situation - Will try *again*

5 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

Because ...? What particular details about the system leads you to that conclusion?

Because...I actually did read the OEM's marketing and advertising material...not a word in there about flight simulation, but instead they quite clearly focus on gaming.

That's not to say that the machine isn't suitable for MSFS, but it isn't configured specifically for it--if they had gone to the trouble, one would expect the specs to at least make passing mention of it.

So FS-specific issues like SMT, AV settings, search indexing, network QoS, G-Sync/V-sync, frame generation, etc all need to be looked at with flight simulation in mind...something a machine "built for flight-sim" (i.e. what comes from purpose-built OEMs like Jetline or XForce PC) would already have configured.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

As per the other thread.

Go into Device Manager and disable the AMD GPU (built into the CPU) so only the RTX 4090 is available for use.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Instead of messing around with frame gen and other "miracle" settings the owner should first concentrate on getting the machine to run MSFS smoothly with default aircraft (rather than with add-ons and 3rd party scenery) and check how it performs. If he is still encountering low performance then he should do the deep dive and follow advice from more knowledgeable users.

A step at a time (e.g. is XMP - or they equivalent AMD setting - enabled?).  It won't be a short and quick fix but likely worth it in the end. I'm getting on in years and I have never encountered any instance  of any flight simulator to run perfectly on any PC build straight out of the box.

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Posted (edited)

Hi, guys, my Friend visited me, and we talked and tested my computer and discussed different solutions for a coupple hours, he recons it is big difference with MY Monitor/TV which has all Features of HDMI 2.1 , VRR/Freesync and G-Sync And also 4k 120hz .

Though he did realize that HIS rig with 7800X3D and 4090 is much stronger(has more brute force) than MY rig, and he could run much higher settings than my current settings, But LOD is a real killer for smoothness.

He is a bit concerned about money aspect of it all, thinks that he could be happy with 4080(Super? Refresh) instead of paying soo dearly for 4090.. 🤔😲

He will probably decide Tomorrow,

*if he keeps the PC*

or if he could option to "downgrades" to a similar PC 7800X3D with RTX-4080 instead, way cheaper than a PC with 4090

The reason for choosing the 4080 is withdrawal from the VR-spec.. and in addition to saving som cash from that change..

Edited by Rune-ENHD