Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

List of airliners coming to MSFS in 2024/2025?

12 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Really liking it. Had a few issues with stutters and performance, managed to find good settings on YT and I am happy to say that, look, feeling, smoothness (avg 60-70 FPS) is impressive.

I think the best part about MSFS is the performance. MSFS definitely has some of the best performance you can get, for the level of graphics, for a home market flight simulator. And if you have an NVidia 4000 series card, the frame generation makes it even better.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

Any rumours of 737-400 or -500 ? Pmdg??

This is much needed, never really gets much attention, personally, i like the 400 better than any other 737 model. Old schoool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Any rumours of 737-400 or -500 ? Pmdg??

Why?

MD-11, 767 and Fokker 100 are the ones i'm looking for here. So glad that finally a single simulator features all my favorites.

Yeah that stunning A350 might be worth a look also.

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The B727 is so iconic and in the US, it was the mainstay of domestic and regional  aviation during its time and had worldwide recognition too . So it continues to surprise me that it simply hasn't had any interest from developers until now (SWS/Reborn, Raul 👍). I suspect this due to developers naturally following what MS put into the simulator and WT has improved, ie glass cockpits and FMC's, not steam gauges. And, as such probably better met the market in terms of sales to younger/larger audience who may in fact be looking for a commercial aviation career or actually flying glass cockpits in real life. Now we have moved on a few years and  a number of the more prevalent glass cockpit airliners (and smaller aircraft) have been well covered by developers so that some of them may now be in a better position to give the golden oldies some love including the 737 Classics. So thank you Raul for considering the B727 and we know you and those you are collaborating with, will do a fantastic job of it.  But good things take time and we have all come to expect the turnaround cycle for producing excellent tube liners in MSFS to be frustratingly slow. Only Raul will know whether there is any chance of a B727 making an appearance this year or even in this current sim. Trouble is, many of us who flew on these types are not far from the breakers yard ourselves....so, to use a New Zealand colloquialism (we have a lot of sheep you know), my message to developers is 'rattle your dags fellas!'

("Rattle your dags" is a New Zealand expression that means "hurry up". The phrase comes from the sound that sheep make when they run, as their dags (dried clumps of feces around their rear ends) bang together.) 😁

Cheers

Terry  

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

6 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

("Rattle your dags" is a New Zealand expression that means "hurry up". The phrase comes from the sound that sheep make when they run, as their dags (dried clumps of feces around their rear ends) bang together.)

I have to say in my 20 or so years here, that is the funniest visual I ever got from reading an interesting local phrase from a country I've never been to! 🤣   I actually laughed out loud with that one!

Regarding the 727...I know Raul @simbol will create a masterpiece as in a recent interview has stated that the 727 is his all-time favorite airliner...and if you know Raul, his passion in any project is evident...imagine how ramped up that passion will be for a favorite of his? 🙂

I painted the 727 20 years ago on a freeware model, on 1 k maps.  Imagine the detail we can produce with 8k maps today!
8HY1EC.jpg

• Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I did paint my own back in the day... Lovely aircraft

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Asobo has a thing for classic/vintage aircraft when it comes to Local Legends/Famous Fliers.

I wonder if they'll commission a classic airliner sometime.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:09 PM, moxiejeff said:

Sure hope it's not Aerosoft's A330 as that will never get released, clearly.

Given MS/Asobo's partnership with iniBuilds, likely their A330 (and Beluga)

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 1/9/2024 at 8:28 AM, jon b said:

There’s certainly a massive 787 shaped hole in the simulation market.

What we have is good for A to B normal ops but the really interesting part of this particular jet is it’s non-normal operations and working the non-normal electronic checklists.

Maybe one day someone will rise to the challenge, in the future there’s the flight factor 787 coming to XP but personally I’ve almost completely left that platform now, but would go back specifically for 787 flights.

whos doing a 787 for xp ?are FFR doing a 787 ??  

I thought they were doing a 777 ??

14ppkc-6.png

@fluffyflops Yes flight factor are developing it along side although it appears slightly behind their 777.

From the pictures they’ve released the avionics look good and both the 777 and 787 are going beyond anything they’ve done before in terms of detail. 
They’ve both been in development for a couple of years already so don’t know when they’re due.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

4 hours ago, jon b said:

@fluffyflops Yes flight factor are developing it along side although it appears slightly behind their 777.

From the pictures they’ve released the avionics look good and both the 777 and 787 are going beyond anything they’ve done before in terms of detail. 
They’ve both been in development for a couple of years already so don’t know when they’re due.

787 is a must for me then. thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

On 1/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, pommy80 said:

I agree. Hopefully it’s something PMDG will look at, because QW are all but dead.

So they have given up? No good 787 anymore? 😞