Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

PXST or FSLTL

Rather than hijacking another thread, I'll start here...

what are the differences? why pay when another is free etc etc? advantages and disadvantages? performance levels?

cheers

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I found with FSLTL the aircraft just park where they want.

Airlines not in the correct spots, all over the place.

PSXT have them parked correctly at the correct terminal.

Another advantage is there is nothing better than flying a STAR and i can see the aircraft in front of me flying the same STAR and then , listening to them in real life communicating via Live ATC. Can’t get much more immersive than that.

Negatives, sometimes they do weird things like track sideways whilst taxing, i put that down to something amiss with the real aircraft’s antenna.

Also you may have to do a bit of ‘self ATC’ to keep separated from other aircraft  but that usually amounts to speeding up or down.

Yes it is subscription, but what i pay is equivalent to going out for a meal.

It will however be the only subscription i will pay for.

• Like 2

PSXT is for me one of those programs that once you start using it, it’d feel completely wrong to not use it. It is one of the most immersive addons for me. Seeing AI follow real life, real time, ATC procedures brings my flight simming experience to another level. And pairing it with live ATC is just the icing on the cake for me. 

Edited by alex86
Spelling
  • Like 5

With PSXT/Real Traffic, the AI:

• Appear at airports at the correct time in real life
  • Park in the right place
  • Use the actual runways in use in real life, although there may be tailwinds
  • Can use multiple and intersecting runways
  • Do the 'Heathrow Flip' correctly*
  • Don't crowd the approach and have to go around (unless they go around in real life)
  • Taxi at a sensible speed
  • Get off the runway as quickly as possible after landing
  • Follow the SIDs and STARs and airways, including the one you are on
  • Respect the correct flight levels for their track

...amongst other advantages.

* Landings and departures at EGLL move from R to L runways and vice versa at 1500 precisely for noise avoidance.

Edited by Petraeus
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Petraeus

I guess the main difference is that FSLTL, while getting real traffic just like PXST does, leave its handling to default ATC.

Overall tho, considering it is free and easily available in the FBW Installer, it is worth trying it before spending money to see if it does a "decent" job

But actually you can also do this, i was reading the User Guide again:

• FlightPlannerDB API - Configures injector to represent optional realistic flight plan following. Without this API key aircraft will fly direct from origin to destination. Create an account at https://flightplandatabase.com and enter the API key from the settings page to use this feature. Optional but highly recommended.
Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The main downside of PSXT (apart from the significant subscription price) is that it does not work with any ATC in the sim. So neither default ATC nor any ATC addon will be aware of the PSXT traffic and the PSXT traffic will not be aware of you. So PSXT aircraft will run right through you (resp. get deleted) while taxiing or a PSXT aircraft will line up on your runway right in front of you when you are cleared to land and on short final.

After having used FSHud - which controls both AI and the user - I just couldn't go back to the "self-ATC" with PSXT any more. But that is a matter of personal preference. 

PSXT sure sounds interesting. I'll wait until BeyondATC is launched and see if it helps the overall experience.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I keep FSLTL only because I want to mix static aircraft with a few moving ones, for FPS purposes. My ratio is 100 static (almost) vs. just 10 moving ones. Good enough for me and my ever devaluating ARS.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

In my opinion, to keep things simple, FSLTL is a very good option. Depending on the region I'm flying, I use it or AIG instead.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I gave up on FSLTL. Every airport turned into a "I do whatever I want" circus

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

FSLTL just works, aircraft look and sound great, and it is free. Can't beat it. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FSLTL is as good as the MSFS traffic engine allows it to be. It's certainly much better than vanilla MSFS AI traffic. Yet, FSLTL is limited by what Asobo has created, plus you can see some very obvious and immersion-breaking problems.

On the other hand, PSXT beautifully recreates what happens with air traffic as it continually pulls the live location of aircraft and (depending on RealTraffic licence) has up to two weeks' traffic history. Any conflicting traffic with the user aircraft is stripped from view.

Now that default ATC has had a slight improvement, I use it to avoid "self ATC." You can also really ramp up the immersion by running RealATC playing and using a live callsign.

PSXT is not perfect, though IMO, is throughly worth the expense of a Realtraffic licence.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

They both have their pros and cons. Nothing is perfect. The best way to know is to try both. But no wrong answer. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

FSLTL is as good as the MSFS traffic engine allows it to be. 

You can also use FSLTL with FSHud, which is a major improvement over the default traffic engine.

5 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You can also use FSLTL with FSHud, which is a major improvement over the default traffic engine.

The thing that killed FSHud for me was no ability to talk to ATC instead of typing/using the UI dialog. This is why I use and really like Pilot2ATC. Excellent support, and combined with ATC chatter it is really immersive. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro