Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

PXST or FSLTL

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

You can also use FSLTL with FSHud, which is a major improvement over the default traffic engine.

For me, that goes against the premise of what FSLTL is—namely, a freeware AI traffic solution.

If I want to pay for something to make traffic better, I want it to be as realistic as possible. That's why RealTraffic + PSXT is comfortably *my* favourite solution.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The main downside of PSXT (apart from the significant subscription price) is that it does not work with any ATC in the sim. So neither default ATC nor any ATC addon will be aware of the PSXT traffic and the PSXT traffic will not be aware of you. So PSXT aircraft will run right through you (resp. get deleted) while taxiing or a PSXT aircraft will line up on your runway right in front of you when you are cleared to land and on short final.

After having used FSHud - which controls both AI and the user - I just couldn't go back to the "self-ATC" with PSXT any more. But that is a matter of personal preference. 

PSXT is free, it is RealTraffic that you need a subscription for. 

It is correct that no ATC addon wil work with PSXT but if you listen to Live ATC streams then you will hear what you are seeing.

https://www.liveatc.net/topfeeds.php

Regarding immersion there is no AI program that comes close to PSXT if you want it as realistic as you can get.

All diversions, delays etc exist. PSXT shows real live AI traffic with a 30 delay, but you can go up to a 15 sec delay. 

https://www.lekseecon.nl

I use it with every flight icw FsTraffic ac and AIG ac.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is correct that no ATC addon wil work with PSXT but if you listen to Live ATC streams then you will hear what you are seeing.

This is simply not true. If you leave the Netherlands there is nothing around. ATC streaming is prohibited in Germany, UK, France, Spain, ...

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

49 minutes ago, mwe_EDVK said:

This is simply not true. If you leave the Netherlands there is nothing around. ATC streaming is prohibited in Germany, UK, France, Spain, ...

You did not read what I wrote before writing your comment….

If there are Live streams you can listen to them. If there aren’t any you can’t. Where did you read that I wrote that you will have ATC for all airports ?

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

For me the immersion breaking elements of PXST pale in comparison to the MSFS Ai traffic system.  There are so many airports which use runway configurations that aren't even possible with MSFS default ATC.   All it takes is one great experience at airports like SFO, ORD, IAD, IAH, BOS etc. where the runway choices are not usually wind specific and include different directions for takeoff and landing.  PSXT nails that experience, and I'll gladly take a situation where I sometimes get taxied through for that extra realism.

• Like 1

Nick Running

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Am I right in saying, in order for PSXT to work properly you need the subscription from RealTraffic? Or is there another way to run PSXT without the subscription?

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I don't think that any of the ATC programs available now or even upcoming would be able to keep up with PSXT and real ATC's ability to move traffic.

After using PSXT for over a year and half now, when I go back to look at the other AI options, they just seems kind of silly to watch. 

PSXT isn't perfect and has some flaws, but it is far better than any other option.  The more I use it, the more interesting data that I see it tracking, an amazing amount of bizjets and GA as well as fair bit of military.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Am I right in saying, in order for PSXT to work properly you need the subscription from RealTraffic? Or is there another way to run PSXT without the subscription?

Yes, you are right.

And no, there is not.

18 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

13 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes, you are right.

And no, there is not.

Correct. And for the full functionality of PSXT you need to pay 200 $ a year.

To say PSXT is free is a little misleading...

13 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Correct. And for the full functionality of PSXT you need to pay 200 $ a year.

To say PSXT is free is a little misleading...

$200 a year for AI traffic. There is one born every minute.....

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Sure, but in the end you have to pay it to be able to use PSXT...

Regarding immersion there is no AI program that comes close to PSXT if you want it as realistic as you can get.

As always in flightsimming this is highly subjective and depends on what you consider realistic and immersive.

I find it completely unrealistic that the other traffic is completely ignoring me, so that I have to search for my own gaps in the traffic flow to maintain separation on approach or to avoid other traffic landing on top of me when I line up for takoff, or to always have to expect runway incursions when I am on the takeoff run or on short final. I find it completely unrealistic that I am controlled by a different ATC system than all other traffic.

Don't get me wrong, PSXT is a fantastic app and I myself enjoyed it very much for a while (until RealTraffic became a little over-ambitious with its pricing model).

But after using FSHud and looking at the upcoming BeyondATC and VoxATC I cannot imagine ever going back to "self-ATC" any more.

But of course, for those who consider a realistic and immersive ATC experience less important than true-to-life movements of AI traffic (and nothing is wrong with that), nothing can beat PSXT (if you are willing to pay the price). 

Edited by RALF9636

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

😂

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

https://www.liveatc.net/topfeeds.php

All diversions, delays etc exist. PSXT shows real live AI traffic with a 30 delay, but you can go up to a 15 sec delay. 

https://www.lekseecon.nl

I use it with every flight icw FsTraffic ac and AIG ac.

But how does that integrate into what the ATC is telling me? The fact I am hearing a live ATC stream is great but I need to be part of it to have immersion. At least with Pilot2ATC and ATC Chatter I can be directed to the correct runway and have meaningful comms with ATC the entire flight. And the live chatter adds a lot to the realism. PSXT and RealTraffic are great and all, but I am disconnected from the action because I have to self ATC, which is not great. 

No perfect solution. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I payed 100 euros, so you might take a look at the RT website ….

Edited by GSalden

6 minutes ago, RobJC said:

But how does that integrate into what the ATC is telling me? The fact I am hearing a live ATC stream is great but I need to be part of it to have immersion. At least with Pilot2ATC and ATC Chatter I can be directed to the correct runway and have meaningful comms with ATC the entire flight. And the live chatter adds a lot to the realism. PSXT and RealTraffic are great and all, but I am disconnected from the action because I have to self ATC, which is not great. 

No perfect solution. 

PSXT + RT = real world live traffic inside P3D/MSFS

Indeed you are not part of what happens in the real aviation world 😉

So if you want to talk to ATC and get instructions then there are other options.

Everyone as he/she likes it ….