Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

PXST or FSLTL

How is PSXT free? I tried out the trial for a month but didn't see the value for me and I cancelled. If I want to use PSXT I can't because it keeps waiting for real traffic which I don't have anymore. How can I use the free PSXT without having the real traffic component? thanks

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

How can I use the free PSXT without having the real traffic component? 

You cannot, without real trafic data input it will not work, of course.

Just like it does not work if you do not have a (paid) Windows license. ;-)

That PSXT is free means that you do not have to pay for it. It is my contribution (two man years work) to the flightsim community. I could only do that because I am retired.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

So Nico gets no money from RealTraffic when a sale occurs? 

Exactly 

- - - 

Regarding RealTraffic: Balthasar sells the licenses cost based. Not for making a profit. 
Over the last few years he had to pay extra for his data info too.

He has a daily job which is not RealTraffic.There is nothing more to it.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I personally did not like PSXT.  I noticed some strange behaviors I could not live with.  Such as:

1.  Airplanes warp from one place to another.   I watched an airplane go from sitting on a tarmac, to going down the taxiway 500 feet from it's original postition.  My guess is the server was behind.  It's kind of like it loses track of an aiplane and then catches up to where it is in reality but it looks really silly when it warps to it's most recent position.

2.  The airplanes have trouble turning corners in a realistic manner.   Many times the aircraft will not be turning a correct heading as they go around the corner. Many times I witnessed an airplane making a 90 degree turn but the aircraft was stuck at a 45 degree angle after the turn.  I witnessed this behavior too many times.  It also seemed like the airplane would need to turn say 45 degrees but it would only turn 10 degrees and the go along the path sideways.

3.  The airplanes take off very stangely.  Many times they fail to turn to the runway heading then go down the runway sideways slowly then all of a sudden they go warp speed and take off, or they just freeze on the runway then warp speed off or just dissapear entirely then reappear.  Many times the jets would taxi out then stay perpendicular as they moved down the runway slowly, it looked really dumb.  They also taxxied over achother like one would be sitting there perpendicular to the runway then another would taxi into position and hold then another would come land on top of the other 2.  It was mess.

4.  The airplanes land short of the runway too often and they look wierd during landing.  I had tried many scenarios for a month but I just could not iron out these wierd behaviors.

There were good things about it but ultimately all the warping and wierd turns  and landing short were just too much for me. Especially given that I had to pay monthly for it.

FSLTL is the best as long as the developers assign parking codes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aniiran said:

I personally did not like PSXT.  I noticed some strange behaviors I could not live with.  Such as:

1.  Airplanes warp from one place to another.   I watched an airplane go from sitting on a tarmac, to going down the taxiway 500 feet from it's original postition.  My guess is the server was behind.  It's kind of like it loses track of an aiplane and then catches up to where it is in reality but it looks really silly when it warps to it's most recent position.

2.  The airplanes have trouble turning corners in a realistic manner.   Many times the aircraft will not be turning a correct heading as they go around the corner. Many times I witnessed an airplane making a 90 degree turn but the aircraft was stuck at a 45 degree angle after the turn.  I witnessed this behavior too many times.  It also seemed like the airplane would need to turn say 45 degrees but it would only turn 10 degrees and the go along the path sideways.

3.  The airplanes take off very stangely.  Many times they fail to turn to the runway heading then go down the runway sideways slowly then all of a sudden they go warp speed and take off, or they just freeze on the runway then warp speed off or just dissapear entirely then reappear.  Many times the jets would taxi out then stay perpendicular as they moved down the runway slowly, it looked really dumb.  They also taxxied over achother like one would be sitting there perpendicular to the runway then another would taxi into position and hold then another would come land on top of the other 2.  It was mess.

4.  The airplanes land short of the runway too often and they look wierd during landing.  I had tried many scenarios for a month but I just could not iron out these wierd behaviors.

There were good things about it but ultimately all the warping and wierd turns  and landing short were just too much for me. Especially given that I had to pay monthly for it.

Regrettably I can relate to most of those when using PSXT. Which is unfortunate because I don't think its PSXT's fault persay, I think the issue lies in the data PSXT receives from RealTraffic. I love the idea of real time accurate traffic (which is why I purchased a 2 year Professional licence for RT some time ago). But the data issues that result in the above will prevent me from renewing.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

4 hours ago, aniiran said:

I noticed some strange behaviors I could not live with.  Such as:

When did you last use RT + PSXT?

Not to say it's perfect, but I haven’t seen those issues you listed in a long time.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Finally figured out this PSXT thing. Sadly Real traffic is a little to expensive for me and my limited time.

This would have been incredible for GA VFR flying though. Man it would be perfect.

Its too bad its only for commercial big airlines.

Interesting though.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Balthasar, a guy behind the RT, has always been saying that cost of data is the biggest problem. Probably he might be able to switch to FR24 feed, but it would cost him (and us) much more. Meanwhile, I really don't thing that this situation with cost of data would last forever. I'm a market optimist.

fsltl is free using fr24 data. Why pstx doesn't use same data and is still dependimg of balthasar?

4 minutes ago, motishow said:

fsltl is free using fr24 data. Why pstx doesn't use same data and is still dependimg of balthasar?

FSLTL only uses FR24 data (once every 20 secs) to inject traffic into the sim, after that MSFS takes over control of aircraft movement. PSXT updates aircraft positions constantly based on the RealTraffic data.

If PSXT were to use FR24 data the cost would be astronomical.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I love the immersion PSXT + Real Traffic are able to supply. I would use all the time.

The problem for me is related to the fps drop with it.

At Heatrow with Fenix and FSTL I have 60+ fps with PSXT+RT 25-30fps and stutters... there is something that for the same number of airplane (even with less), in the same scenario, drastically affect my fps.

Edit: specifically 8nm traffic and 12% parking positioning on PSXT

Edited by fra147

On 1/28/2024 at 4:46 AM, motishow said:

Taxi process is a joke , the ia doesn't respect if you have priority to cross the taxiway and it don't  stop to let you cross

Most of the airports aren't  populated with traffic and parked aircrafts 

IA traffic drive like a crazu monkeys cutting the curves by the grass

IA traffic dissapears when it lands and it doesn't make the taxi process to the gates , simply dissapears 

- The taxi process is 100% real, using the exact speed and route the actual aircraft took. They cut you off because it's REAL TRAFFIC, YOU are the one that isn't really there.

- Most airports are indeed populated with live and parked traffic. The traffic is also parked at the correct gates unlike with any of the other AI options.

-  AI cutting corners is following the exact route they took in real life, cut corners just shows the inaccuracy of the scenery placement.

- AI disappearing when they land means you are operating from smaller airports that don't have adequate ground surveillance operations.

Not understanding how it works and what to and not to expect from it is the bigger issue overall. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/30/2024 at 5:36 AM, Ron Lefebvre said:

Its too bad its only for commercial big airlines.

It isn't though. The perceived limitation is more from a lack of AI models included with most AI packages to use for GA etc. If you look at the airport files included in PSXT, you can see what it tracks. There are far more GA, Bizjets and military that most would think. Add the models and you have the traffic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I use FS Traffic, it suits me fine good locking aircraft that start and depart at all bigger airports, they park where it's s free spot, but i don't care, and they are nice on performace, and I'm looknig forwrd for there GAupdate, 

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Most airports are indeed populated with live and parked traffic. The traffic is also parked at the correct gates unlike with any of the other AI options.

Are you claiming that PSXT with RealTraffic provides accurate worldwide traffic?

Because, when testing it out, personally found very poor AI traffic in places like China, Russia & South America - just to name some important regions…

& yes, also had very ‘twitchy’ aircraft behaviours…

& gave this AI combo a few months to prove itself with paid subscription…

Yes, it works extremely well in places like LEBL Barcelona, for instance…