Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

If you were Microsoft........

I'd fix their ungainly GUI interface again. Hiding all the options from the OS and dumbing it down is the most stupid thing they ever did. 

• Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just now, Jude Bradley said:

I'd fix their ungainly GUI interface again. Hiding all the options from the OS and dumbing it down is the most stupid thing they ever did. 

agreed

14ppkc-6.png

5 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

You know, it may not be the best sim in the world. However, for Asobo's first serious attempt at a flight sim, They did a pretty good job to provide and out-of-the-box experience that no other sim has accomplished. It isn't without it's flaws, but this comment just seems a little word not allowed to me.

💯 .. and by little I presume you mean a lot, of the horse manure kind 🙂 

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

because 4 years down the line we have a 787 with a ton of issues which they cant be arsed to fix

This is off-topic, but I'd be interested to hear what those might be. Keep in mind that our involvement with the 787 only began with AAU2 (we haven't been a company for 4 years yet).

Our intention was never to go to the PMDG level. Instead, we wanted to provide something that could be used correctly for normal ops, with a good, featureful, and faithful avionics and navigation experience within that flight regime. Our type rated 787 test pilots give it, honestly, quite high marks given those criteria, and they had no issues using their personal flows for normal ops they use on the real plane to also operate the new 787. Yes, the aircraft is in the premium package, but the goal was never to make it a $79.95 aircraft on its own.

As for the other developers you mention, a number of them are already on the WT team. So, I'm not sure sacking them would provide the benefit you imply. 😉

• Like 18
  • Upvote 3

First, they should buy ASOBO. They are an awesome studio (not just because MSFS, but they have other amazing titles). Then, yeah, they should expand their team working on MSFS, hiring some of the talented people working for 3rd parties. 

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

BeyondATC guys + HifiSim. With both they'll fix the three most botched systems in this simulator. ATC, AI and weather.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

If I was MS I'd take no one on board but rather open up the platform for developers who know what to do to actually be able to do what they know...

Otherwise you're stuck with the inibuilds of this world - mid tier stuff at best. While top tier developers will keep struggling with a sandboxed, unstable platform that keeps shifting the goalposts every couple of months.

• Like 2

Pilot2atc and GSX team (FSDT)

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

You have to think, before buying third-party publishers on MSFS, you must first be interested in the very basis of the game. So ASOBO is first the #1 choice. 
Even if ASOBO has so far always refused the offer of Microsoft.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

This is off-topic, but I'd be interested to hear what those might be. Keep in mind that our involvement with the 787 only began with AAU2 (we haven't been a company for 4 years yet).

Our intention was never to go to the PMDG level. Instead, we wanted to provide something that could be used correctly for normal ops, with a good, featureful, and faithful avionics and navigation experience within that flight regime. Our type rated 787 test pilots give it, honestly, quite high marks given those criteria, and they had no issues using their personal flows for normal ops they use on the real plane to also operate the new 787. Yes, the aircraft is in the premium package, but the goal was never to make it a $79.95 aircraft on its own.

As for the other developers you mention, a number of them are already on the WT team. So, I'm not sure sacking them would provide the benefit you imply. 😉

The fact its flies like a block of flats

the fact the doors are wrong 

the fact that ND on the skippers side doesnt work on random flights. 

the pitch 

the trim 

the brakes.

other that its great..... 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I wouldn't.  As Dominique has said, bigger is not always better.  Let the little teams flourish as well.

What I would do (if they take customer involvement and feedback so seriously, as they say they do), is form an MS Flight Sim users council, to give input, and ask why certain high profile problems aren't being tackled, such as the tile swapping issue, and the low bandwidth issues.

But they wouldn't want that would they.  It would need too much accountability to the customer / user.  The technical report they issued (which 90% of users would find hard to follow) isn't much use if they aren't going to act on it.

And do I really have to install the Goole map hack to get my ground tiles looking right and stop the swapping? 
Last night, around Darington was a right mess.  But what do we get?  We fixed Malta, then radio silence.  It is almost beyond a joke!

Also, I gave up trying to do the ATR and MU-2 updates last night.  A quick speed check showed I was getting 42 mb/s, but only 1.5 in the MSFS content manager for some reason.  Frustrating.

While the base sim has its problems, it takes the shine of the great contributions that other people are making, such as WT and FBW.

So buy someone?  No.  They just need to get their own job done first.  They can always have a teaming / technology sharing / cooperation agreement if they wanted to.  I would definitely start with A2A and Fenix to coordinate with for a start.

Some of the other things suggested like a tie-up between Black Square and Carenado would be a match made in heaven, but they don't need to be part of MS / Asobo for that to work.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Definitely hifi, maybe they could explain to them how weather works.  Then a2a, so they could explain to them how aerodynamics and piston engines work.  Then fenix, to teach them that airliners dont behave like cessna 172's,  and teach them how turbine engines work.

Edited by Pilot53

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

None. They are laying people off in gaming post Blizzard acquisition....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.