Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The water masks around Nassau has been removed.😶  Although partially done some islands had great masks that are now gone.  I was looking forward to the masks in the Caribbean finally getting completed not deleted (what was their at least).😔  Anyone else seeing this.

have you closed and restarted the Sim before looking? if not try that

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

18 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The water masks around Nassau has been removed.😶  Although partially done some islands had great masks that are now gone.  I was looking forward to the masks in the Caribbean finally getting completed not deleted (what was their at least).😔  Anyone else seeing this.

Huh, that is odd. You can still seem them on the world map, but loading in, they're not there.

TOhe3Da.png

iRzukRV.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

There should really be some truth_in_advertising law requiring them to release the exact specs/settings etc. used for these videos. Have yet to see anyone else post anything nearly this good and/or fluid in flight with those graphics...

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

There should really be some truth_in_advertising law requiring them to release the exact specs/settings etc. used for these videos. Have yet to see anyone else post anything nearly this good and/or fluid in flight with those graphics...

The marketing team probably have bonkers computers.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

The marketing team probably have bonkers computers.

Funny you should say that... many at MS use Xbox. No joke.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Just now, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Funny you should say that... many at MS use Xbox. No joke.

Probably not for recording this footage. They have special tools for capture and all that.

MSFS 2024 😀 Pretty sure the slow download is a client issue, hence why

a) it's not fixed and won't ever be in 2020

b) one of the reasons they are doing 2024

Edited by Brocky120

Download was significantly faster for me. I do have a 1gb FTTP service, but even with that prior to this update it would still crawl along at 5-60mbps. Today was over 430mbps, and rattled in just under 5 mins.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1.3 mbits download speed, this is not ok, I haven't time for this word not allowed 🤬

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

1.3 mbits download speed, this is not ok, I haven't time for this word not allowed 🤬

About 12 minutes from USA East coast (KDTW) time zone.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I tried downloading, it was so slow it was ridiculous, but then i turned my VPN on, and choose USA for virtual IP, it downloaded in less than two minutes. Go figure. And I am in Croatia.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Huh, that is odd. You can still seem them on the world map, but loading in, they're not there.

TOhe3Da.png

iRzukRV.png

I removed the Caribbean update to get the masks back but they’re gone for good now even without the update.  So this is a huge step backwards for islands like Nassau.  Now I’m downloading again.  We were so close even the Turks had amazing masks.😔

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I just downloaded at 150Mbps and it only took a few minutes for me, in USA.  There are many variables that determine what speed you get. ISP, network congestion, router. etc

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I removed the Caribbean update to get the masks back but they’re gone for good now even without the update.  So this is a huge step backwards for islands like Nassau.  Now I’m downloading again.  We were so close even the Turks had amazing masks.😔

It's weird because the masks are in the trailer.

Make a bug report on the official forums.

I kind of wonder about these updates.  While I appreciate that we actually have had 14 WU's, I really feel like they focus is not where it should be.  I would rather have upgrades to the areas where we fly.  I am sure many of us will take up a slow GA plane to check out the sites once or twice but the reality is we are flying between airports and its the scenery along the flight path and the endpoint airports that needs the major updates.  Do others feel the same way ?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000