Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

"World Update 16: Caribbean is ON"...

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I removed the Caribbean update to get the masks back but they’re gone for good now even without the update.  So this is a huge step backwards for islands like Nassau.  Now I’m downloading again.  We were so close even the Turks had amazing masks.😔

Some areas definitely have better masking like St Lucia and  Barbados and possibly parts of the BVI but Nassau is worse and there’s none in Jamaica or Cuba or the Dominican Republic. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

I would rather have upgrades to the areas where we fly

Who is 'We'? People fly all over the place.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I kind of wonder about these updates.  While I appreciate that we actually have had 14 WU's, I really feel like they focus is not where it should be.  I would rather have upgrades to the areas where we fly.  I am sure many of us will take up a slow GA plane to check out the sites once or twice but the reality is we are flying between airports and its the scenery along the flight path and the endpoint airports that needs the major updates.  Do others feel the same way ?

No, I don't feel the same way. I've actually been waiting for this update since day. There are users all over the world so just need to keep that in mind.

Edited by brinx
  • Like 10

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

Just now, brinx said:

No, I don't feel the same way. I've actually been waiting for this update since day. 

Same, I love VFR flying in this area. 

• Like 2

anyone else notice the sim seems darker, it does on my setup.

UPS123.png

8 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I kind of wonder about these updates.  While I appreciate that we actually have had 14 WU's, I really feel like they focus is not where it should be.  I would rather have upgrades to the areas where we fly.  I am sure many of us will take up a slow GA plane to check out the sites once or twice but the reality is we are flying between airports and its the scenery along the flight path and the endpoint airports that needs the major updates.  Do others feel the same way ?

You mean the areas you fly ?

And to answer your question ... no i do not feel the same way.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

how does an airport dev MISSPELL AIRPORT

image.png?ex=65cbc53a&is=65b9503a&hm=5635135bfc5a74ebcd82ae8b39facb4edadc785a55cbe1bb11c1f85175272729&

LMAO

Water masking regressions need to be fixed ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

58 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

There should really be some truth_in_advertising law requiring them to release the exact specs/settings etc. used for these videos. Have yet to see anyone else post anything nearly this good and/or fluid in flight with those graphics...

I never get below 60 fps with a 14900k and 4090 with FSR and max settings some places I get over 100fps. This is at 2560x1440p

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

how does an airport dev MISSPELL AIRPORT

image.png?ex=65cbc53a&is=65b9503a&hm=5635135bfc5a74ebcd82ae8b39facb4edadc785a55cbe1bb11c1f85175272729&

Oh boy. Now I've seen it all.

• Like 1

I am sorry to report the lack of bikini-clad girlies, sharks, manta rays and Vulcan bomber.

On the other hand , and as far as I can tell after 4 short heli flights. mesh is quite good (Santa Lucia is impressive), vegetation and autogen are way better. Plenty of sail boats in the marinas. Even the roads are not (too) green! 

Looks to me we have a winner..  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11.98GB download started at 17:49 UTC

Download completed at 19:41

Never saw an indication of any other updates.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

11.98GB download started at 17:49 UTC

Download completed at 19:41

Never saw an indication of any other updates.

I had another update after downloading the WU and doing the SOP relaunch, about half a gig heavy.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

just completed after 4 hours and 8 min ... S. EU - with 50 Mbps net speed ...

I launched MSFS again, and it downloaded an update of 582MB.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png