Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Your oldest flight sim products - hardware and software.

I'm still using the CH Products Fighterstick and ProPedals that I bought in 2005.

Edited by stans
  • Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I retired my ch products yoke a couple years ago.  It  still works, but I wanted something better, so I have a Saitek now.  I replaced the pot on my ch rudder pedals, but I cannot seem to get it back together without having something binding inside.  I don't have much time to fuss, so I bought Turtle Beach pedals in December.

I have a bunch of GoFlight:

GF-TQ6 - the other I realized I could assign the  speed brake to elevator trim when flying GA.  It's acceptable.

GF-MESM (really just use it for the mount of throttles)

GF-P8 (battery, avionics master, ap functions, com/nav selectors)

GF-T8 (configured for lights)

GF-RP48 (most ap controls)

GF-46 (ap, com, nav, xpndr controls)

GF-166 com and nav radios

ps3 controller for drone / looking around

I wish I had more time to figure out Polypot as the GF software doesn't lend itself to all the functions.  I've watched the various videos.

I had a Hat Track head tracking, but I think the battery is dead on it.  Alas, I came across the ability to head track without any hardware, well just a camera using OpenTrack.  

I couldn't  do without the the RP-48 or GF-46.

• Like 1

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I'm using CH Rudder Pedals that I bought back in August 2005.  Still work fine and are supported, so I haven't had much reason to replace them. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

24-25 years later, I'm still using the BEST joystick ever invented...the Microsoft Force Feedback 2.  It's an incredible joystick that imparts a little degree of realism to P3d.  It works in MSFS, but the software for MSFS isn't as good as the software (Russell Dirks FS Force) that can be used in P3d.

The joystick is a cult item and many simmers still love it and use it daily.  I have purchased 5 additional ones from Ebay because it's no longer manufactured. They still command a price over $100 if they are in good condition.

Stan

ps.  Microsoft could make so many simmers happy, in addition to them making so much money, if they re-introduced a BRAND NEW FF joystick for MSFS that also works in P3d.

• Like 3

still using my CH MFP (Multi Function Panel) and the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Thrustmaster MFD (Multi Function Display) pack.

Lost track of how many years. 

• Like 1

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

Bruce Artwick's flight simulator - 1981 on cassette for my trash 80.

Now my memory has kicked in I remember I bought a PFC Cirrus Saab Yoke, but sold it and went back to the CHProducts yoke.

Been through two CH products yokes, two CH products rudder pedals and one CH products throttle quadrant (no longer used)

Actually glancing at my present CH yoke both prop and mixture levers are completely broken off! How did that happen? 

Flight Simulator on a Sinclair ZX81 Still having it in my attic.

Jean-Jacques

• Like 2

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

On 2/14/2024 at 2:51 AM, Jayjay said:

Flight Simulator on a Sinclair ZX81

My first ever computer flight sim!

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Software, my only candidate is FS9, which I have since August/2005 (when I started simming), and I still use. I mean, a couple of weeks ago I posted in the screenshot forum 😂

Hardware, I no longer have any suitable nominees. The closest ones I have was my old Saitek X52: I purchased it in 2012, and sold it to my boss' son a couple of years ago. He's currently studying for his PPL. If only he knew I upgraded the Hall sensor magnets with more powerful ones (so that I got a more linear response), and removed the annoying idle/afterburner detents...

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

The first product I purchased (and still have somewhere) is Falcon 3.0, in 1991.
The immersion was the best I ever experienced even though the graphics had to be augmented by my own brains.

Before that I had flown FS 3.0 on the PC of a friends father who had built his own podmeter joystick. Lots of joysticks in those days were still only digital switches.

In 1993 I purchased FS 5.0 and a CH Products yoke and started simming more seriously, but the immersion I felt with Falcon I could never repeat.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The oldest device I still using isn't even a flight sim product... it's a G27's shifter... I use it in flight sim as Landing gear lever, and also buttons for things like trim, wiper, ND range etc....

BUT the G27 is also still working for my sim racing part, not bother go DD anytime soon....